Israeli Ministers and Commentators Slam Gaza Raids

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
I'm sure there are quite alot of Israelis who are apalled by this raid, it is labelled as the worst raid in the 3 years f the intifada. Eye witnesses describe one incident where a helicopter fired a rocket on a car (probably the usual excuse- suspected miltiant inside) however when a crowd gathered they fired another rocket. That's quite greusome when you stop and think about that. I remember Israeli officials who expressed alotof concern about terrorists doing a 'double bombing' where the first bomb would go off in a civilian sight then a second one detonated later when crowds of rescuers and loved ones come to the scene. The incident those Israeli officials worried about is effectively what happened to these Palestinians.

Anyway, I feel most Israelis will truly sympathize for the Palestinians on this event, and I'm really discouraged Bush refused to condemn Israel, for whatever that's worth.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
has there been any offcial word from the whitehouse concerning this attack?

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar

Heh...

We urge the government of Israel to take all appropriate cautions to prevent the death and injury of innocent civilians and damage to civilian and humanitarian infrastructure," deputy spokesman J. Adam Ereli told CNN.

"We continue to make clear that while Israel has a right to defend itself, we remain concerned of the impact of its actions on innocent civilians, and we continue to reiterate that view."

Ereli added that the Bush administration also "reminds the Palestinians of their commitments to crack down on terror." He said officials at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv were monitoring the situation.

That's it so far... a bunch of BS if you ask me.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
and think that some us officials are still living in a fantasy world where they think they can be a neutral party in any peace negotiation

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
The worst part is when he said "reminds the Palestinians of their commitments to crack down on terror.". What do you think will happen after such a statement is heard by the loved ones of the 11 dead or 100+ wounded? His statement just created new terrorists, congratulations sir.

replicator

Oct 7, 2003
Originally posted by: lozina
Originally posted by: Czar

Heh...

We urge the government of Israel to take all appropriate cautions to prevent the death and injury of innocent civilians and damage to civilian and humanitarian infrastructure," deputy spokesman J. Adam Ereli told CNN.

"We continue to make clear that while Israel has a right to defend itself, we remain concerned of the impact of its actions on innocent civilians, and we continue to reiterate that view."

Ereli added that the Bush administration also "reminds the Palestinians of their commitments to crack down on terror." He said officials at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv were monitoring the situation.

That's it so far... a bunch of BS if you ask me.

The Bush admin is starting to sound like a broken record. Same with the IDF who always issues some statement saying they regret any civilian casualties. If the Bush admin were so concerned, they would put some real pressue on Sharon, like cutting the billions of aid that is given to Israel, which is used to buy weapons from the US, or built more settlements. The Palestinian Authority has been chopped up, their infrasture in tatters, but people expect them to wipe out all the terrorists, and accuse them for every bomb that goes off in Israel. Every act of aggression from the IDF weakens any peace movement in Palestine, and only strengthens the Jihad and Hamas. This is something that Israel surely knows, peace means concessions, and giving up settlements, something that the current Israel government apparently is not willing to do.

Clearly, Bush is in Sharons pocket, and with elections not so far away, he is trying to play it safe. Sharon seems to know this, and is taking full advantage of it. They have to be dreaming that this will "remind" Palestinians of commitment to crack down on terror. It's going to legitimize the radicals, and create more extremists.

ConantheBarbarian

Nov 8, 2000
Originally posted by: lozina
I'm sure there are quite alot of Israelis who are apalled by this raid, it is labelled as the worst raid in the 3 years f the intifada. Eye witnesses describe one incident where a helicopter fired a rocket on a car (probably the usual excuse- suspected miltiant inside) however when a crowd gathered they fired another rocket. That's quite greusome when you stop and think about that. I remember Israeli officials who expressed alotof concern about terrorists doing a 'double bombing' where the first bomb would go off in a civilian sight then a second one detonated later when crowds of rescuers and loved ones come to the scene. The incident those Israeli officials worried about is effectively what happened to these Palestinians.

Anyway, I feel most Israelis will truly sympathize for the Palestinians on this event, and I'm really discouraged Bush refused to condemn Israel, for whatever that's worth.

Doctor killed as he helps wounded