Israeli Boy Dies in Hezbollah Attack

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
Israeli Boy Dies in Hezbollah Attack

On Sunday, 16-year-old Haviv Dadon was walking home from a summer job when he was hit by the anti-tank shell fired on the northern town of Shlomi. Five bystanders, including a woman and her 9-month-old son, were lightly injured, hospital officials said. At the teen's funeral, mourners said they felt abandoned by the government.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
.... and how many Palestinian boys have been killed by Israeli bullets/shells?

Tit for tat, it's been going on for a looooong time, and will continue to happen for a loooong time.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
:disgust:
rolleye.gif

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Why do you roll your eyes? Every Israeli child killed in this conflict is a precicious life lost. This conflict will continue until the leaders of Israel (and its US patrons) learn to value the lives of Palestinian children as well. That means actions NOT words.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
tagej,

That's to bad about your response to this. Myself, I think it's disgusting for either side to kill innocent civilians.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Why do you roll your eyes? Every Israeli child killed in this conflict is a precicious life lost. This conflict will continue until the leaders of Israel (and its US patrons) learn to value the lives of Palestinian children as well. That means actions NOT words.

or the palestinians and arabs can get thier acts together and bring true peace for everyone. If I was israel, I'd teach Syria a very hard lesson, such as occupying their capital. But...hey...that's just me.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
BaliBabyDoc,

And I think it's very degusting for anyone to turn a murder ( from either side ) into a spin that targets the one you dislike the most.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari

or the palestinians and arabs can get thier acts together and bring true peace for everyone. If I was israel, I'd teach Syria a very hard lesson, such as occupying their capital. But...hey...that's just me.

Hamas has kept their word. Israel hasn't with all of these raids.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
While there's an element of truth in your statement it ignores the current state of affairs. Israel is armed to the teeth b/c it has an extremely wealthy benefactor (not to mention a few hostile neighbors). The Palestinians have friends as well but their pockets aren't nearly as deep. Anyway, most Israelis are aware that Palestinians within the 1967 Israeli border will eventually breed the state of Zion out of existence. They are also aware the occupied territories essentially belong to the Palestinians despite the fact no force short of the US could ever make the Israelis leave.

This a prescription for continued 2nd class citizenship for people of Palestinian descent within Israel and the land grab which continues to this day. And this presumed position of power will continue to warp Likud to believe their might makes right and allow Palestinians to continue their mantra "by any means necessary."

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
Originally posted by: Dari

Hamas has kept their word. Israel hasn't with all of these raids.

Yeah. the problem with that is that Hamas is a TERRORIST organization. And, worse, they are one of many including Arafat's Fatah Hawks. It is Israel against Fatah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, the PLO, Hezbullah, other islamic terrorist organizations, the wider Arab world, and the bigger Islamic world. See the odds? It is one plucky state against a terror nexus. The terror organizations and the PLO need to consolidate power in the territories (hopefully, through civil warfare). And the wider islamic and arab world needs to support whoever comes out on top in the Palestinian conflict. From there the peace process can begin.

Or else, just obliterate all of them.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
While there's an element of truth in your statement it ignores the current state of affairs. Israel is armed to the teeth b/c it has an extremely wealthy benefactor (not to mention a few hostile neighbors). The Palestinians have friends as well but their pockets aren't nearly as deep. Anyway, most Israelis are aware that Palestinians within the 1967 Israeli border will eventually breed the state of Zion out of existence. They are also aware the occupied territories essentially belong to the Palestinians despite the fact no force short of the US could ever make the Israelis leave.

This a prescription for continued 2nd class citizenship for people of Palestinian descent within Israel and the land grab which continues to this day. And this presumed position of power will continue to warp Likud to believe their might makes right and allow Palestinians to continue their mantra "by any means necessary."

whoa whoa whoa. You're jumping all over the place. This topic ws about Hezbullah firing into israel, killing an innocent civilian. You start talking about Palestinians' (in the territories) right to universal suffrage. Now you're talking about israeli arabs. Stop jumping around.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Oh please Dari, it's tit for tat just like it always is over there. Look at this:

CNN.com

But UNIFIL officials said the casualties occurred when Lebanon responded to flights by Israeli warplanes over the area, in violation of a "blue line" the world body established more than three years ago, when Israeli troops withdrew from Lebanon, to demark the front-line areas.

An average of 20 such overflights has occurred in each of the past four months, UNIFIL said.

In response, Hezbollah artillery have been launching a barrage of anti-aircraft fire, UNIFIL said.

There had always been a risk that the artillery fire would fall into civilian areas of northern Israel, which appears to have been the cause of the Israeli casualties, UNIFIL added.

Gissin said Israel would seek to step up diplomatic pressure on Syria to rein in Hezbollah, which says it is only reacting to Israeli provocation.

Hezbollah has recently stepped up cross-border attacks in retaliation for what the militant Islamic group said was a targeted Israeli attack on one of its members.

Hezbollah said Friday it launched cross-border rocket and missile attacks against Israeli troops in the disputed Shaba'a Farms area where Israel, Lebanon and Syria intersect. Israel captured Shaba'a Farms during the 1967 Six-Day War.

After Friday's attack, Israeli Apache helicopters returned fire on Hezbollah positions in southern Lebanon.

Hezbollah, based in Lebanon, has stated its objective is to drive all "occupying" forces out of Lebanon. It waged a campaign for 18 years against Israeli occupation of southern Lebanon as a self-declared security zone. Israel withdrew its forces from Lebanon three years ago, but maintains a heavy military presence on Israel's northern frontier.

Every action in and around the area has an equal and deadly reaction. Of course, it's horrible that the Israeli boy was killed. It's pretty obvious, however, that you and Redneck Trucker only post stories that show one side of the story. Why not just come out and admit you're playing favorites with the Israelis?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
It was actually anti-aircraft fire that fell into Israel. The famous collateral damage that you war hawks are always attempting to minimize. Kind of like when Israeli troops shoot at terrorists and happen to hit little kids. Ooops,, too bad they were just future terrorists anyway. Israeli jets make a habit of flying into Lebanese air space on an almost daily basis.

They just want to make sure that they establish on a constant basis who the nigg### are.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Hey watch it . . . those are towel heads not to be confused with the sand nigg@$ that live to the east and southwest of Israel or the garden variety nigras americana which occupy much of the southern tier of America, urban areas of the northeast/midwest, and any corner shop selling Colt45 and Phillies Blunt . . . smoke some chronic beotch!!

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
that you and Redneck Trucker

Classic liberal personal attack. To bad we can't agree that both sides have killed innocence civilians and when it happens stand up and call it what it is. Murder.

It was actually anti-aircraft fire that fell into Israel.

However you want to make yourself feel better by justifying murder. Ok for one side but not for the other. Just to bad that extremist from both sides think this way. Extremism is flat out wrong.

I fully support Israel and her fight to live a free life and stop these aggressors in the region trying to kill her, but I'll never support them or anyone else causing civilian deaths ( murdering ) intentionally. But I guess some extremist on both sides will.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
I never justified murder. You're knee-jerking again.

I agree it's a two-way street. All sides have commited attrocities and the list of dead grows and grows. What I object to is this one-sided reporting that RDWY and Dari seem to relish. Both of your posts suggest that Israel is the victim here and that Israel is completely innocent. The cycle of violence in and around Israel is a result of actions on both sides. You guys seem reluctant to admit that.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Once again. Please prove to me that this wasn't collateral damage from Hezbollah gunners firing anti aircraft guns at Israeli aircraft flying OVER LEBANON.

Proof please. Also, find anyplace where I have supported intentional killings of civillians by any side.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
It was actually anti-aircraft fire that fell into Israel

Guess you need to read the first post then ... oh, and maybe the link as well .....
rolleye.gif

On Sunday, 16-year-old Haviv Dadon was walking home from a summer job when he was hit by the anti-tank shell fired on the northern town of Shlomi

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: RDWYTruckDriver
It was actually anti-aircraft fire that fell into Israel

Guess you need to read the first post then ... oh, and maybe the link as well .....
rolleye.gif

On Sunday, 16-year-old Haviv Dadon was walking home from a summer job when he was hit by the anti-tank shell fired on the northern town of Shlomi

From a right Wing Israeli Newspaper.

IAF DESTROYS HEZBOLLAH AA SITE THAT FIRED SHELLS KILLING TEENAGER

from the Jerusalem Post

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Hezbollah has no anti tank weapons that could hit that settlement. They have mortars and rockets that could, but all evidence points to an AA shell. Hezbollah has been shooting at Israeli aircraft with these guns for 3 years and occasionally shells land on northern settlements. Thier is ZERO evidence that this was anything other than what has been going on for three years, other than the fact that someone was killed this time.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
DealMonkey,

You and you liberal extremist supporters here are the ones flooding this P&N group with your " one-sidedness " But this is how you people think. Trying to make a thread a " point fingers and defend yourself " rather than discussing the actual thread topic without personal bias.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
More Info.
From CNN.COM

The Hezbollah attack occurred in Shlomi, in the Western Galilee region near the Israel-Lebanon border. Israeli security sources said three 57 mm shells hit the town, and the sources said it was a deliberate act, not errant anti-aircraft fire, as Hezbollah has contended.

But UNIFIL officials said the casualties occurred when Lebanon responded to flights by Israeli warplanes over the area, in violation of a "blue line" the world body established more than three years ago, when Israeli troops withdrew from Lebanon, to demark the front-line areas.

An average of 20 such overflights has occurred in each of the past four months, UNIFIL said.

In response, Hezbollah artillery have been launching a barrage of anti-aircraft fire, UNIFIL said.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Even the israelis say it was an AA shell which makes your posted article wrong. Please prove to me this was deliberate not collateral damage from firing at Israeli Warplanes.