Israel

Odoacer

Jun 30, 2001
Ugh. Israel doesn't take action unless action has been taken against them. That was the US impetus for attacking Afghanistan. It is no secret that Syria harbors Islamic Jihad and Hamas. So yes, they may be following US doctrine, but it is justified - blowing up civilians dining in cafes is just not the answer.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I for one wouldn't shed many tears for Bashar Assad. Maybe this will give Syria the kick in the ass that they need to realize a just and long-term peace with Israel as Egypt did many years ago.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Odoacer
Ugh. Israel doesn't take action unless action has been taken against them. That was the US impetus for attacking Afghanistan. It is no secret that Syria harbors Islamic Jihad and Hamas. So yes, they may be following US doctrine, but it is justified - blowing up civilians dining in cafes is just not the answer.

Get informed. Israel is and has been the aggressor.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: hagbard

Yeah, because you and Justin something-or-other say so. Get out of your comfortable armchair and go get your own view of current affairs, instead of just buying into this Justin guy's mindless drivel.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: ThePresence

Yeah, because you and Justin something-or-other say so. Get out of your comfortable armchair and go get your own view of current affairs, instead of just buying into this Justin guy's mindless drivel.

I guess you believe the European settlers and their American decendents bought the land from the Indians too?

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Israel has a right to self defense. But they must accept the simple fact that if violence is going to be their answer to violence then this struggle will not end until all Palestinians and Palestinian supporters are dead.

The events in Israel and the Occupied Territories are a cycle of violence. Israel kills the young woman's brother (for whatever reason). The young woman indiscriminately kills herself and 19 others as retribution. Israel attempts to kill militants (although these efforts are often indiscriminate), blows up the suicide bomber's house (thereby creating more hatred for Israel), and launches an attack on a suspected terrorist training camp in Syria (I kinda agree with this action but I think their execution sux).

Assassination plots are immoral but the US cannot criticize b/c we do it as well.
Subjugation of people is immoral but the US cannot criticize b/c we do it as well.
Launching attacks within the sovereign territory of another nation is questionable but the US cannot criticize b/c we do it as well . . . and the Israelis may have better intelligence.

The US has enough BS on it's own . . . we need to stop shouldering the burden of Sharon/Likud BS. Israel has no moral support in the region and very little in the rest of the world b/c they've chosen domination instead of accomodation to solve disputes. Much like the PNAC, Israel has confused their substantial military advantage as a useful tool for progress. Instead it will be their downfall.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

I guess you believe the European settlers and their American decendents bought the land from the Indians too?

Well, without getting too deep into things you seem not to know very well, the Indians actually owned the land. The Palestinians didn't.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Israel has a right to self defense. But they must accept the simple fact that if violence is going to be their answer to violence then this struggle will not end until all Palestinians and Palestinian supporters are dead.
While that may be true, Israel must respond to terror. If Israel caves into terror even once, then it legitimizes terrorism. It shows that terror works - they get what they want. That cannot be allowed to happen.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
The Native Americans did not own the land. We occupied it, living in balance with nature. Israel does not own the land it occupies and it certainly does not own the territory it occupies amongst the Palestinians. Native Americans certainly had conflicts with one another over territory but it was primarily a function of understanding the land can only tolerate a finite amount of resource removal. Unfortunately, the foreign hordes never learned that lesson.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
The Native Americans did not own the land. We occupied it, living in balance with nature. Israel does not own the land it occupies and it certainly does not own the territory it occupies amongst the Palestinians. Native Americans certainly had conflicts with one another over territory but it was primarily a function of understanding the land can only tolerate a finite amount of resource removal. Unfortunately, the foreign hordes never learned that lesson.

Well, call it what you want, the land was theirs. The Europeans coming over took it away from the people that it belonged to. It's a bad comparison. The British were the ones that the land now called Israel belonged to. Before that it belonged to the Ottoman Empire. We've been through this stuff so many times on these boards, I really don't want to have to go through it all again.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Hagbard probably hails from the Mid East and he is angry at the impotence of the Arab people. To sully his anger, he lashes out at the villa in the jungle, Israel. Taking your anger out on others before cleaning house is not the best way to solve your problem, Hagbard. Your mother should've taught you that. Like bin Laden, you'll just be another Voltaire's bug.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000

Well, call it what you want, the land was theirs. The Europeans coming over took it away from the people that it belonged to. It's a bad comparison. The British were the ones that the land now called Israel belonged to. Before that it belonged to the Ottoman Empire. We've been through this stuff so many times on these boards, I really don't want to have to go through it all again.

It "belonged" to the people who lived their and worked the land. What is happening to the Palestinians is much like what happened to native Americans after the Civil War

background

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Dude macho is so BS. Israel should invite the Arab League to Tel Aviv or ask permission to send a delegation to a meeting in Egypt or Saudi Arabia. Israel offers to end occupation, remove all settlements from Gaza and the West Bank, complete a security barrier along the Green Line. In return, all Arab League members will dismantle the training facilities and ban the political wings of all organizations that fail to recognize the sovereignty and security of Israel.

Israel then requests the UN send peacekeepers to secure Israel's border entry points and patrol the Palestinian Territory while the Palestinian PM develops a viable security force capable of expunging all remnants of terrorist groups and providing sustainable security for Palestine and Israel.

As long as Israelis claim territory in the West Bank and Gaza there will be no peace. The Yom Kippur War is over . . . Israel won. Now it's time to go home.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Dude macho is so BS. Israel should invite the Arab League to Tel Aviv or ask permission to send a delegation to a meeting in Egypt or Saudi Arabia. Israel offers to end occupation, remove all settlements from Gaza and the West Bank, complete a security barrier along the Green Line. In return, all Arab League members will dismantle the training facilities and ban the political wings of all organizations that fail to recognize the sovereignty and security of Israel.
If Israel would do that, terrorism wins. It becomes a legitimate way of achieving a political end. And you know that Iran and syria etc. would still support terrorism against Israel. Let's not be naive, these groups want the end of Israel, they don't deny it.
Israel then requests the UN send peacekeepers to secure Israel's border entry points and patrol the Palestinian Territory while the Palestinian PM develops a viable security force capable of expunging all remnants of terrorist groups and providing sustainable security for Palestine and Israel.
Israel is a heck of alot more capable of defending her borders than some clowns from Zimbabwe in blue helmets. Why the heck would Israel want UN troops anywhere near it's borders? The last time they were there they helped kidnap 3 Israeli soldiers. Please. Also, a Palestinian government would not crack down on terror groups because a) they are part of the terror groups, as any Arafat appointed PM would be... b) It would cause a civil war... etc. etc.
As long as Israelis claim territory in the West Bank and Gaza there will be no peace. The Yom Kippur War is over . . . Israel won. Now it's time to go home.
There was no peace for a long time beforehand. What makes you think that giving up these lands would make the slightest difference?

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: hagbardGet informed. Israel is and has been the aggressor.

this reminds me of a joke. "3 americans and an Israeli"

Three Americans and an Israeli soldier are caught by cannibals and are about to be cooked. The chief says, "I am familiar with your Western custom of granting a last wish. Before we kill and eat you, do you have any last requests?"

Dan Rather says, "Well, I'm a Texan, so I'd like one last bowlful of hot, spicy chili." The chief nods to an underling, who leaves and returns with the chili. Rather eats it all and says, "Now I can die content."

Al Sharpton says, "I'd like to have my picture taken, as nothing has given me greater joy in life." Done.

Judith Woodruff says, "I'm a journalist to the end. I want to take out my tape recorder and describe the scene here, and what's about to happen. Maybe someday someone will hear it and know that I was on the job to the last." The chief directs an aide to hand over the tape recorder, and Woodruff dictates some comments. "There," she says. "I can now die fulfilled."

The chief says, "And you, Mr. Israeli Soldier? What is your final wish?"

The solider says, "Kick me in the behind."

"What?" says the chief. "Will you mock us in your last hour?"

"No, I'm not kidding. I want you to kick me in the behind."

So the chief unties the soldier, shoves him into the open, and kicks him in the behind. The Israeli goes sprawling, but rolls to his knees, pulls a 9mm pistol from his waistband, and shoots the chief dead. In the resulting confusion, he leaps to his knapsack, pulls out his Uzi, and sprays the cannibals with gunfire. In a flash, the cannibals are all dead or fleeing for their lives.

As the Israeli unties the others, they ask him, "Why didn't you just shoot them? Why did you ask the chief to kick you in the behind?"

"What?" answers the soldier. "And have you SOBs call me the aggressor?"

;)

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK
Originally posted by: hagbardGet informed. Israel is and has been the aggressor.

this reminds me of a joke. "3 americans and an Israeli"

Three Americans and an Israeli soldier are caught by cannibals and are about to be cooked. The chief says, "I am familiar with your Western custom of granting a last wish. Before we kill and eat you, do you have any last requests?"

Dan Rather says, "Well, I'm a Texan, so I'd like one last bowlful of hot, spicy chili." The chief nods to an underling, who leaves and returns with the chili. Rather eats it all and says, "Now I can die content."

Al Sharpton says, "I'd like to have my picture taken, as nothing has given me greater joy in life." Done.

Judith Woodruff says, "I'm a journalist to the end. I want to take out my tape recorder and describe the scene here, and what's about to happen. Maybe someday someone will hear it and know that I was on the job to the last." The chief directs an aide to hand over the tape recorder, and Woodruff dictates some comments. "There," she says. "I can now die fulfilled."

The chief says, "And you, Mr. Israeli Soldier? What is your final wish?"

The solider says, "Kick me in the behind."

"What?" says the chief. "Will you mock us in your last hour?"

"No, I'm not kidding. I want you to kick me in the behind."

So the chief unties the soldier, shoves him into the open, and kicks him in the behind. The Israeli goes sprawling, but rolls to his knees, pulls a 9mm pistol from his waistband, and shoots the chief dead. In the resulting confusion, he leaps to his knapsack, pulls out his Uzi, and sprays the cannibals with gunfire. In a flash, the cannibals are all dead or fleeing for their lives.

As the Israeli unties the others, they ask him, "Why didn't you just shoot them? Why did you ask the chief to kick you in the behind?"

"What?" answers the soldier. "And have you SOBs call me the aggressor?"

;)

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

kl001

Apr 24, 2003
Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?
I thought it was funny! :) It also teaches a lesson, doesn't it? And you learnt it, I can see it from your comment. :)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
only one side sends smart bombs against civilians with the goal of killing as many innocent men women and children as possible:p

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
only one side sends smart bombs against civilians with the goal of killing as many innocent men women and children as possible:p

You're all brainwashed. Try getting your information from something other than the zionist dominated US media. The Israeli's have been stealing Palestinian land since they established their jewish only state in 1949, and they did this by going in and killing as many Palestinians as possible thus driving them off their land and creating a climate of terror to drive them off other lands. They continue this today by creating "settlements" and taking "unused land" from the Palestinians. They bomb targets without concern for civilian life, blow up homes of suspected "terrorists" (hey, a while back, they blow up the apartment of one suspected terrorist. He lived on the third floor of an apartment building...this of course left everyone in the building homeless), use real instead of rubber bullets on protesters, prevent them from making a livelihood, and basically treat them worse then any victim of apartied was ever treated. Suicide bombers are clearly acts of despiration by vitims of the new nazis.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Did you get a new roll on tinfoil tonight?:p Dasm you are on a roll.:D

/me goes off to read another "informed" opinion.

CkG

If you knew anything about the author he's a pretty well respected and informed conservative.

Justin Raimondo is the editorial director of Antiwar.com. He is also the author of Reclaiming the American Right: The Lost Legacy of the Conservative Movement (with an Introduction by Patrick J. Buchanan), (1993), and Into the Bosnian Quagmire: The Case Against U.S. Intervention in the Balkans (1996). He is an Adjunct Scholar with the Ludwig von Mises Institute, in Auburn, Alabama, a Senior Fellow at the Center for Libertarian Studies, and writes frequently for Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture. He is the author of An Enemy of the State: The Life of Murray N. Rothbard.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Zebo
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Did you get a new roll on tinfoil tonight?:p Dasm you are on a roll.:D

/me goes off to read another "informed" opinion.

CkG

If you knew anything about the author he's a pretty well respected and informed conservative.

Justin Raimondo is the editorial director of Antiwar.com. He is also the author of Reclaiming the American Right: The Lost Legacy of the Conservative Movement (with an Introduction by Patrick J. Buchanan), (1993), and Into the Bosnian Quagmire: The Case Against U.S. Intervention in the Balkans (1996). He is an Adjunct Scholar with the Ludwig von Mises Institute, in Auburn, Alabama, a Senior Fellow at the Center for Libertarian Studies, and writes frequently for Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture. He is the author of An Enemy of the State: The Life of Murray N. Rothbard.

If you read my post I said I was off to read what he posted. Isreal - is the problem. His posts as of recent have all been tin-foil type lunacy, and I assumed this would be the same. I posted that I was going to read it - albeit with a bias;) I don't care much for this Israel/Palestinian banter, and that "article" doesn't make me want to get involved either. They both suck - they both need to pull their heads out -they both need to stop the daily killings. Both are at fault - both need to figure out how to fix it, otherwise eventually one of the two will be totally wiped out.

CkG