Israel warns Hamas after rocket fire

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Who fired the little rocket and how did Israel decide who it was and that they could go on a killing spree if they had no 100% proof who fired it?

Maybe the Mossad fired it .. it didn't hurt anyone.

That is as stupid of an argument as an "Attempted Murder" charge. Just because they are too stupid to hit anyone (or in an attempted murder case, too stupid to actually commit the murder), why should they get away with a lesser offense?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
So you feel that Israel should wait for an attack that actually does damage before responding.

Like what happened in '48 or '73.

Or Munich, shopping malls, etc.

You really want to do a body count ? Because that one is decidedly in Israels favor.

If not then maybe we can get back to looking for peace. And yes peace would require Israel to hold back a little.

Israel has held back after a retaliation strike until problems again start up from the Palestinians (who just happen to surrond them on 3 sides)

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Standard Israeli doublespeak. By refusing to issue a permanent settlement ban, they indicate that they intend to do more of it, obviously. If they didn't, then a settlement ban wouldn't be a problem or an issue.

If the Israelis actually want peace, they'll have to make territorial concessions to get it. A viable palestinian state simply can't exist w/o that. But they won't even take the first step of disavowing taking more.

Netanyahu calls on Abu Mazen to be brave... how about you, Benji? Step up, make it clear to the Settler faction that their aspirations preclude peace by showing your sincerity, taking the first step yourself...

Not likely, given that the temporary partial kinda settlement freeze wasn't intended to do more than get the Obama Admin off his back until closer to the US election, when the Israelis can exert more power by meddling in our political processes, as usual...

Israel has previously made territorial concessions - what has that gotten them?

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
LMAO.. you act like you have never heard of ILLEGAL SETTLEMENTS.. hahahahhaahhahaahhaahhaah

their land.. hahahahah yes.. Israel has never grown since inception..
Israel_stealing_palestine.jpg

Any idea how much of what you are showing as Israel is unihabitable desert.
similar to looking at Nevada.

And of what was not Israel in '48, was lost by the Palestinians due to an attempt to take it all multiple times.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Any idea how much of what you are showing as Israel is unihabitable desert.
similar to looking at Nevada.

And of what was not Israel in '48, was lost by the Palestinians due to an attempt to take it all multiple times.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somewhat total distortion, EK

If you want to know where the Palestinians are, look for the most uninhabitable desert and that is where Israel has exiled the Palestinians to. Worse yet, Israel will not let the Palestinian drill for water, just look at some photos of the Israeli West Bank borders as they move and shrink, on the Israeli side irrigated farm fields, irrigated golf courses, and on the Palestinian side its nothing but dry desert.

And EK, you seriously can't be serious if you think the Palestinians ever tried or ever could try to take anything back, you are nuttier than a fruitcake. You must have the Palestinians confused with surrounding Arab States who had standing armies and weapons of war. Surrounding foreign Arab States and the weaponless Palestinian people born in the former British Mandate are two totally different entities, so why should one catch the blame for the sins of the other? But its a convenient Israeli justification for taking candy from babies. And then blaming the baby for crying.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'd like to see the US stand one missile on american soil from mexico or canada. those countries would get rolled over if they shot just ONE.

The US is not currently occupying said countries illegally and keeping the population imprisoned. If it was, I would anticipate that kind of stuff.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Looking at that nice colorful map, it seems that the only solution is for all the green to be removed. It's an unfortunate situation, but I do not believe that anything else will work.

And, disclaimer for the retards, I'm not advocating killing them all.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Quote: Originally Posted by dahunan View Post Who fired the little rocket and how did Israel decide who it was and that they could go on a killing spree if they had no 100% proof who fired it? Maybe the Mossad fired it .. it didn't hurt anyone. That is as stupid of an argument as an "Attempted Murder" charge. Just because they are too stupid to hit anyone (or in an attempted murder case, too stupid to actually commit the murder), why should they get away with a lesser offense?

Who is they? Israel has zero proof who did it... that was why I said maybe they did.. since it didn't hurt anyone and immediately after they used it as justification to start using their big weapons and might makes right and start killing palestinians

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Looking at that nice colorful map, it seems that the only solution is for all the green to be removed. It's an unfortunate situation, but I do not believe that anything else will work.

And, disclaimer for the retards, I'm not advocating killing them all.

They should have never been allowed to be there in the first place. Brutal crime against humanity to create Israel.. but they don't and never will care..

Two wrongs don't and obviously didn't make a right.. eh?

We brought Somalians to the US when they were being slaughtered..

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
Who is they? Israel has zero proof who did it... that was why I said maybe they did.. since it didn't hurt anyone and immediately after they used it as justification to start using their big weapons and might makes right and start killing palestinians

True, I should have edited my post to point out I believe Israel was wrong since there is no solid proof as to who did it. I was more focused on the aspect of no one getting hurt and Isreal should let it slide.

They need to find out who did it and go after them as I am sure any of the other groups would go after Israel if they did something to them.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somewhat total distortion, EK

If you want to know where the Palestinians are, look for the most uninhabitable desert and that is where Israel has exiled the Palestinians to. Worse yet, Israel will not let the Palestinian drill for water, just look at some photos of the Israeli West Bank borders as they move and shrink, on the Israeli side irrigated farm fields, irrigated golf courses, and on the Palestinian side its nothing but dry desert.

And EK, you seriously can't be serious if you think the Palestinians ever tried or ever could try to take anything back, you are nuttier than a fruitcake. You must have the Palestinians confused with surrounding Arab States who had standing armies and weapons of war. Surrounding foreign Arab States and the weaponless Palestinian people born in the former British Mandate are two totally different entities, so why should one catch the blame for the sins of the other? But its a convenient Israeli justification for taking candy from babies. And then blaming the baby for crying.
The Palestinians collaberated with the Arabs in the attacks intended to destroy Israel.

Presently they still collaberate with attacking Isreal using weapons from other Arab countries.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
The Palestinians collaberated with the Arabs in the attacks intended to destroy Israel.

Presently they still collaberate with attacking Isreal using weapons from other Arab countries.

what would you do if you were in their shoes.. be real and think deep about it.. I know you as one of the more intelligent posters here although biased by our western culture

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
The US is not currently occupying said countries illegally and keeping the population imprisoned. If it was, I would anticipate that kind of stuff.

And Israel was not in the beginning. It was only after several wars, suicide bombers, and other deliberate attacks did israel start to occupy the region to keep its people safe.

the Palestinians have themselves to blame

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
what would you do if you were in their shoes.. be real and think deep about it.. I know you as one of the more intelligent posters here although biased by our western culture

it doesnt matter what they should or shouldnt have done. it happened and there isnt any turning back.

they STILL do it today, so they obviously want to destroy out of the area.

if they wanted peace, they would put down their weapons.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005

Stinking thinking again EK, some few Palestinians collaborated with the Arabs in 1948 but most did not. Yet ALL Palestinians, guilty or innocent, without a trial or due process, were robbed of their land. Worse yet, Palestinian guilt or innocence is hereditary, the moment an Palestinian infant is born, they become a third class citizen in the land of their parents birth. Even in the USA where we have some genuine murders, we may execute the sinner, but do we execute the children and grandchildren of the sinner also. Apparently we should according to EK. Or maybe EK should rethink his big bit of stinking thinking.

Your second bit of stinking thinking is in collective Palestinian guilt for a few people in Hamas using what they can scrounge together. Even then, should not the people in the West Bank who do not resort to violence get a better deal from Israel by EK logic.
Short answer they do not, and therefore short answer EK has only a FOS Israeli superficial talking point and not any valid well thought out logic.

The other point to make is that the UN recognizes the right of an occupied people to resist the occupier. After all, its was cited as a Jewish virtue when they withstood Nazi efforts in the ghettos of Warsaw during WW2, why should it be a Israeli talking point negative now. And yes, many Jews inside Israel, David Cameron of UK, and many others have likened the Jewish occupation Gaza and the West Bank to the Nazi occupation of Warsaw.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

The other point to make is that the UN recognizes the right of an occupied people to resist the occupier. After all, its was cited as a Jewish virtue when they withstood Nazi efforts in the ghettos of Warsaw during WW2, why should it be a Israeli talking point negative now. And yes, many Jews inside Israel, David Cameron of UK, and many others have likened the Jewish occupation Gaza and the West Bank to the Nazi occupation of Warsaw.

Doesn't matter if a few Jews make the comparison. It is every bit as idiotic coming from their mouths as it is from yours.

- wolf

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
the Palestinians have themselves to blame

The palestinians aren't a unified group, they have no strong central government, just various groups struggling for power.

Problem is that everytime a few idiots launch some rockets, Israel responds by punishing everyone. At this point the Gaza strip has basically become the worlds largest prison.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

WoW!! You really are full of yourself aren`t you!!
Israel has never tried to exterminate the "Palestinian" people.
The Jews in the warsaw ghetto and even the Tarbow ghetto for that matter we fighting for their very survival.
I don`t see why you would compare this to the Palestinian issue.
When backed into a corner you pull this knee jerk BS.

What i find interesting is none of you pro-palestinian miscreants have even tried to answer my simple question that i posed at the beginning oif this thread --
So what must be done in order fot there to be a lasting peace in this region?
Who is going to reign in these rogue elements?
Until that is done there can be no poeace in this region!
Does anybodt have the best interest of the Palestinians at heart?
Even if fatah and hamas agreed tomorrow to a peace -- who stop the rogue element?

Of course some will say well if Israel did this or did that.....WAKE UP!!
This one issue until addressed properly will keep any peace from happenning!!

The UN has proven to be of no use in that region of the world!!
In fact UN peacekeeping troops have proved to be anyrthing but keepers of the peace!

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
it doesnt matter what they should or shouldnt have done. it happened and there isnt any turning back.

they STILL do it today, so they obviously want to destroy out of the area.

if they wanted peace, they would put down their weapons.

ever see a
"No Trespassing" sign?

Do you trespass anyways and kill some of the owners who try and stop you and then you build apartment complexes. And after you do that.. the previous owners are sort of still very very angry to have had their land stolen... and no amount of sitting at a table and one side (which probably has the highest number of citizens holding degrees in journalism) telling the world they didn't do anything wrong.. the palestinians started it ... oh.. and then next others come in a say... There is no palestine.. how can there be palestinians?

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
The palestinians aren't a unified group, they have no strong central government, just various groups struggling for power.

Problem is that everytime a few idiots launch some rockets, Israel responds by punishing everyone. At this point the Gaza strip has basically become the worlds largest prison.

the gaza people voted Hamas into power to rule their land. Hamas is a terrorist organization. Hamas has attacked israel multiple times. Hamas has smuggling tunnels to bring in weapons.

Hamas is at fault for the problem in gaza.