Israel to Recieve F35 Warplanes

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Noobtastic
It's about f**king time. Saudi Arabia got the typhoon fighters before Israel or Britain, which is retarded...but eh, it's the Middle East.
We should have all our pilots train in Israel.

yup, we aren't the only one selling high tech weapons to the middle east.

Based on my news reviews over the last... 10 years or so, I've been seeing mostly Arab kids (stone throwers, children on their homes' rooftops, in the street), and bystanders being killed in the name of Israeli security. Lets not forget the folks who happen to drive down the same street when an Israeli helicopter swoops in and dumps some rockets into a "known militant," thereby killing the militant and 10 bystanders. You neo-con fuckers can feel free to debunk this claim, but none of you have lived a day when you walk outside of your house to find body-parts littering the street.

oh really.
since hamas took over gaza, how many attacks have there been on israeli civilians by gazan palestinians.
i'll tell you, 475 missiles, and 631 morar bombs in mid-June 2007 until the end of December 2007. its obviously even more now.
its so common you dont see a report in your liberal rag anymore. their incompetence with these weapons doesnt take away from their murderous intent. if mexico was lobbing even that number of bombs over the border at towns and cities you bet helicopters would be flying towards them, and without the extreme restraint of the israelis. you don't even want to think about what would be the equivalent attack on the us if you scaled the attack up for anation of our size. a nation of 6 million attacked by 1106 times with bombs/rockets, we are 300 million. 55,300 attacks would be the equivalent in less than a year. no nation would stand for it.

so no, the palestinians aren't just throwing "rocks".

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: chucky2
Given the recent groundings of the F-15's, which Israel has many of, it's not surprising that Israel is getting F-35's...

...the US isn't going to allow other Arab countries in the region to get brand new military jets while Israel's F-15's are either grounded or flight restricted.

Worrying about whether one's jet is going to hold together in the next conflict is not acceptable...

Chuck
The groundings affected the older US models. Most have been released after an inspection.

The F15E model has a stronger root design.
This is also mainly what Israel flys.

The US actions have no control over the IAF Eagles.
I am sure that the IAF also have pulled the wings off to check the part on any C/D models that they may have in inventory

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: alien42
Originally posted by: TheNewbie
Israel always was, currently is, and probably always will be the strongest country in the ME, so why do you bother bashing about it in here? I mean its a fact and you're all just going to have to face it whether you like it or not.
For all the arabs/arab supporters here all I can assure you that if and when your (arab) countries ever think they can wipe Israel out, they won't be hesitating for a split second before they go at it full scale.
So 'till that happens you can keep whining or just stfu and accept reality. You are the weak, Israel is the strong.
Isreal is nothing without United States political and financial support, not really sure how that is a sign of being 'strong' :confused:
Pulling the US support would bring Israel down a step. They would still be a step above Syria and their proxies.

Egypt & Jordan are not interested in conflict.
Lebanon is crippled due to internal issues and is in no shape to take on Israel in any conflict.
Syria is running scared still. Look at their actions in '06 and last year when the ?nuke? plant/facility was attacked.
The Palestinian militants are a PITA and it may be the US support that prevents Israel from squashing them.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Originally posted by: fallout man
sources?

I'm a little rusty on my Zionist revisionist history. I like your ideas, and I would like to surbscribe to your newsletter.

You sound like the typical clueless characters that haunt this forum. Here's something for you to chew on: Jordan annexed the West Bank in 1950 -- no doubt to help their "brothers"; good thing they kept them in refugee camps.

Don't let that little nugget of revisionist history blow your mind away. :roll:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Given the recent groundings of the F-15's, which Israel has many of, it's not surprising that Israel is getting F-35's...

...the US isn't going to allow other Arab countries in the region to get brand new military jets while Israel's F-15's are either grounded or flight restricted.

Worrying about whether one's jet is going to hold together in the next conflict is not acceptable...

Chuck
The groundings affected the older US models. Most have been released after an inspection.

I am sure that the IAF also have pulled the wings off to check the part on any C/D models that they may have in inventory

Interesting, I didn't know that...but it makes sense in that a dual role platform would fit into the efficiency Israeli's would need to have to maintain their edge.

Do you know if these other platforms Israel's Arab neighbor states are getting are that much better than an F-15E model? Enough to warrant them getting F-35's?

Chuck

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

Chuck

Interesting, I didn't know that...but it makes sense in that a dual role platform would fit into the efficiency Israeli's would need to have to maintain their edge.

Do you know if these other platforms Israel's Arab neighbor states are getting are that much better than an F-15E model? Enough to warrant them getting F-35's?

Chuck

I doubt it.
The US government has made sure that only it's allies get decent air defense systems and fighters.
I mean if I were Israel and I was involved in a war with neighboring Arab states, the countries whose air forces would really send a chill down my spine would be?? You guessed they are the Royal Saudi Air Force & the Egyptian Air Force that's one hell of a combination. HOWEVER Egypt having a peace agreement with Israel would never attack anyone lest it gets attacked and it has the green light from the US, so that's right out the equation, how about Saudi Armed Forces? Even though the Saudis have a pretty solid well trained modern military which wouldn't hesitate to clash with the IDF anytime, however they have no incentive of what so ever to attack Israel nor anything to benefit from it, actually they are amongst the loudest voices calling for lasting peace agreement with Israel. So who does that leave us with?

How about The Jordanian Airforce? Jordan has a peace agreement with Israel and they don't have anything they could threaten Israel with.
OK Jordan is out who's left that counts? Aha! Syria...oh yes Syria has something...they have something cooking alright.....A fleet of rusted Soviet era jets basking in the sun that is!
Damn it, who's left then????

Oh yes here we go, the big player in the region.....the champion of champs....the juggernaut of the ME, the country with most deadly....most fear striking......12 Hawker Hunters in storage! YAY GO LEBANON!!!

Being Lebanese also, I have access to top secret Air Force briefings, the commander of the LAF, is actually planning to restore a single inactive Lebanese Hawker Hunter and send it to do a mock raid on the Israeli northern border as a practical 1st of April joke!
Is there any danger to the Lebanese pilot from the IAF you might ask?? Absolutely not, you see they figured, that by the time the IAF pilots who got scrambled to intercept the unidentified pilot get there, 1 either the Hawker Hunter would have fallen apart on the border and he has ejected (if the ejection works on it still) or by the time they get there in their shiny F-16 (generously donated by Tax payers such as you) they will then get the joke laugh their asses off and go back and leave the poor fella chugging along the border...heh!
I'll tell you, he's one funny man ;)

But seriously now, It just makes me think, why the hell do they need F-35's for???
Either way, let's kiss our well earned tax dollars away
Cheers :beer:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Well, then I guess the only plausible reason Israel is getting them is they're obviously our #1 ally in the ME, the ME is a huge strategic importance to the US (at least until the oil runs out there or alternative energy takes off hugely), and/or Israel is going to help work all the kinks out for us...

Personally I don't think we should muddle in Israeli/Palestinian affairs...which means no aid to either of them. Just to hands off and let them work it out on their own...

...the only thing to decide at that point would be when to use UNSC veto power on matters pertaining to Israel...

Chuck

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I don't think Israel is our number one ally in the M.E.

If anyone has been doing more for the U.S from the M.E it is Turkey.
The only problem with Turkey is they are not our bitch.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
:) OK, maybe ally was the wrong word...how about...b1tch, instead? :)

Although, with us doing all the giving, it seems like we're really the b1tch huh?

Chuck

TheNewbie

Jul 17, 2007
Israel always was, currently is, and probably always will be the strongest country in the ME, so why do you bother bashing about it in here? I mean its a fact and you're all just going to have to face it whether you like it or not.
For all the arabs/arab supporters here all I can assure you that if and when your (arab) countries ever think they can wipe Israel out, they won't be hesitating for a split second before they go at it full scale.
So 'till that happens you can keep whining or just stfu and accept reality. You are the weak, Israel is the strong.
Isreal is nothing without United States political and financial support, not really sure how that is a sign of being 'strong' :confused:

First of all, U.S pulling its support of Israel is non-realistic even if RP would've been elected president for various reasons, though it's not the topic of this thread.
If you want to play *what if*, then sure, U.S pulling its aid to Israel will make things shakier in the ME, since Israel might have to take some serious aggressive actions to make sure it remains the top dog.
Other than that, they will look promptly for a new superpower sponsor, possibly China, now, being that Israel has one of the most advanced military industries in the world, we won't be such a happy campers having all that knowledge leaked to China or anyone else that may threat us for that matter. Only a year ago we FORCED Israel to cancel a huge weapons deal with China, we do that also on a basically daily basis on their deals with other countries we don't fancy getting such knowledge/arms.
Being able to influence, not to say interfere with a countries industry/economy in such a way has a price, and for now it is well worthwhile for us to pay it.

Last little issue you might want to keep in mind, is that Israel despite its size, is one of the worlds largest nuclear powers, are you sure you want to put a country like that in a shaky situation and be responsible for the outcome? Look at all the headache you get from N.Korea or Pakistan when you have shaky regimes obtaining nuclear power.

Bottom line: Even though they would survive without, no doubt, Israel is better off with our support... But so are we.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
So Israel, a relatively unspecial country, has access to the world's best military tech from the most wealthy country. I bet that pisses off its neighbors who have to buy second-rate crap from elsewhere.

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
Espionage IS an important part in developing arms and vehicles and we both know that, but that the US should be special in this field is simply not true, as an example, the F-22, that isn't a US original design, you probably already know that though and i'm just babbeling, i'm going to get some dinner with my kids, i'll be back later.

what parts of the F-22 design were borrowed,
and from who ?

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: DarkThinker
But seriously now, It just makes me think, why the hell do they need F-35's for???

Possible to actually test the aircraft in live combat situations, not just simualtion/training.

Remember, the F35 is not yet even in production. It may be 5 yrs before any models would get dellivered to the IAF

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007

First of all, U.S pulling its support of Israel is non-realistic even if RP would've been elected president for various reasons, though it's not the topic of this thread.
If you want to play *what if*, then sure, U.S pulling its aid to Israel will make things shakier in the ME, since Israel might have to take some serious aggressive actions to make sure it remains the top dog.
Other than that, they will look promptly for a new superpower sponsor, possibly China, now, being that Israel has one of the most advanced military industries in the world, we won't be such a happy campers having all that knowledge leaked to China or anyone else that may threat us for that matter. Only a year ago we FORCED Israel to cancel a huge weapons deal with China, we do that also on a basically daily basis on their deals with other countries we don't fancy getting such knowledge/arms.
Being able to influence, not to say interfere with a countries industry/economy in such a way has a price, and for now it is well worthwhile for us to pay it.

Last little issue you might want to keep in mind, is that Israel despite its size, is one of the worlds largest nuclear powers, are you sure you want to put a country like that in a shaky situation and be responsible for the outcome? Look at all the headache you get from N.Korea or Pakistan when you have shaky regimes obtaining nuclear power.

Bottom line: Even though they would survive without, no doubt, Israel is better off with our support... But so are we.

Keep in mind that should Israel use a single Nuke just to assert their dominance, they would have opened the gates of hell upon themselves too. First of all kiss away sympathy for the Zionist cause from Europe and the States, everyone would realize that Israel used a Nuke in a non Nuke vs Nuke threat OR non-Live or Die situation.

Then keep in mind also that Israel is not the only country with access to Nukes, I am sure some rich oil baron somewhere in the south would finance a dirty bomb Israel's way in no time given the situation.

Israel's Nukes are deterrents NOT skirmishing weapons! Don't think Israel can demand this and that and threaten people with Nukes!
However I wouldn't be surprised next time if fvkcing looney Nasrallah farts in Olmert's face another time and takes two more soldiers that Lebanon would get Nuked for it LOL And then people would be like, oh but the country houses terrorists we had to do something about it, but we are sorry for the civilian losses, that's just so unfortunate, however each civilian was hiding at least one Hizbollah fighter, even the Sunnis!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: PottedMeat
How much military aid are we spreadin' around in the region? Isn't Isreal getting ~$40 Billion while the surrounding nations are getting something like $30 Billion?

Warplanes don't kill people, people kill people.

We have absolutely no responsibility for any killing in the world using the weapons we sell and supply as the world's number one arms supplier.

If those armies simply received all those weapons but did not use them, no one would get killed.