Israel to Recieve F35 Warplanes

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
The question is, what th hell does Israel need F-35's for. They already outclass any air force in the region. But if Israel wants to even contemplate taking on Iran from bases in Israel, they need planes with longer ranges and planes able to fly greater bomb loads. Both things I don't think Israel should be allowed to have.

Because the US keeps selling advanced planes and weapons to hostile countries?
Thus justifying ever greater expenditures for more advanced weapons to counter the ones you just sold?

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: teclis1023
The Israeli AirForce is considered one of the best in the world. There's no point competing against the U.S. Airforce, since they're on the same team. If shit hits the fan, the US and Israel will be flying together, so why spend time creating enmity when there's so many people already who want to destroy both of our countries?

As for the cries of "terrorists!" from the usual suspects here - get a life. Peace agreements and accords have been almost exclusively honored and brokered by Israel, with very few exceptions. And time after time, they're almost exclusively broken by Israel's enemies.

Apparently it's okay to blow up buses and school children as long as you're a Muslim, but when the AIF attacks a Hamas base or shoots a Suicide Bomber, it's an egregious offense.

If the standards that Israel is held to were applied to the Palestinians and Muslim nations, the world would shudder to see their offenses. Perhaps that's why very few people pay attention to the fact that more Muslims are butchered by Muslims per year than any other conflict. It's like Iraq - yeah, America really f*cked up, but it's Muslims who continue to blow each other up....yet America is held accountable for those dead.

You kmnow I've generally come to respect your views, regardless how much I actually disagree. You are one of the few Isrealis I've met who is actually interested in real peace rather than vague comments that mean nothing. I know I have said that before but I'm making it a point before I continue so you don't assume I'm just being a knee jerk reactionary.

Right here you are DEAD wrong.

To say that Israel is exclusively, with "very few exceptions", honoring these agreement is simply isn't true. Israel breaks just as many agreements as the other side. If that were true settlements wouldn't be rising in number. Even if they can be argued on a technicality - it is clear it does nothing for the prospect of peace and only inflames and worries the Palestinians.

At the same note as you stated- one can easily see that apparantly its okay to absolutely lock down the Gaza strip irreparable damage both to infrastructure\economy as well as cause intense psychological damage to its population, but you get "horror stories" of how people in Sderot can't sleep well because of home made rockets that with unpredictable resulsts and poor aim.
It goes both ways.

And analyzing all deaths as "muslim vs muslim" deaths is pointless. Are we going to call all our violence in the US as "Christian on Christian violence" or talk about the massive Drug trade of the Jews of Israel? Different situations need different classifications.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Magomago,

It's too typical to frame the matter as Israel and the Palestinians; we've been through this already: most of the blame is really on the neighboring countries, whose belligerence and support for terrorism has led to the current situation.

I'm quite curious to see how the situation on the Egypt-Gaza border will play out, and how long it will take for Egyptian forces to start firing on their "brothers"; would also be interesting to see how the BBC will handle that scenario.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: magomago
but you get "horror stories" of how people in Sderot can't sleep well because of home made rockets that with unpredictable resulsts and poor aim.
It goes both ways.

Based on my news reviews over the last... 10 years or so, I've been seeing mostly Arab kids (stone throwers, children on their homes' rooftops, in the street), and bystanders being killed in the name of Israeli security. Lets not forget the folks who happen to drive down the same street when an Israeli helicopter swoops in and dumps some rockets into a "known militant," thereby killing the militant and 10 bystanders. You neo-con fuckers can feel free to debunk this claim, but none of you have lived a day when you walk outside of your house to find body-parts littering the street.

The worst you hear from the Israeli side is that "once in a blue moon 2 people got hit by shrapnel from a really lucky Palestinian joke rocket--34 people "caught the vapors and died."

Please. If you don't comprehend how enclosing over a million people in a 21st-century concentration camp is even slightly "wrong," then there's nothing to argue with you about on the internets. Preaching to the choir has two meanings in this day and age.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: fallout man
but you get "horror stories" of how people in Sderot can't sleep well because of home made rockets that with unpredictable resulsts and poor aim.
It goes both ways.

Based on my news reviews over the last... 10 years or so, I've been seeing mostly Arab kids (stone throwers, children on their homes' rooftops, in the street), and bystanders being killed in the name of Israeli security. Lets not forget the folks who happen to drive down the same street when an Israeli helicopter swoops in and dumps some rockets into a "known militant," thereby killing the militant and 10 bystanders. You neo-con fuckers can feel free to debunk this claim, but none of you have lived a day when you walk outside of your house to find body-parts littering the street.

The worst you hear from the Israeli side is that "once in a blue moon 2 people got hit by shrapnel from a really lucky Palestinian joke rocket--34 people "caught the vapors and died."

Please. If you don't comprehend how enclosing over a million people in a 21st-century concentration camp is even slightly "wrong," then there's nothing to argue with you about on the internets. Preaching to the choir has two meanings in this day and age.

Did you even read what I commented on?

just in case it wasn't clear:

He bitched about how there is an apparant "pass" (although I can't see it) on Hamas suicide bombers, but Israeli military action is seen as too aggressive.

I'm saying "hey look at the flip coin of it. We somehow have absolutely NO problem with locking down Gaza and making life living hell, yet we get in arms when people get scared of generally poor, unreliable rockets that hit nothing in Sderot (as if life in Gaza is somehow better)
This kind of bullshit goes both ways when it comes to the media"

you'll never see me support the oppression of other people

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Originally posted by: Noobtastic
Originally posted by: DarkThinker
Originally posted by: Aimster
why should all our pilots train in Israel?

Are you serious?

Are you suggesting the Israeli pilots are better than U.S pilots?

Cause they are not. Sorry.

No, I am not saying Israeli pilots are better than U.S pilots. I'm only saying the Israeli Airforce is less politically twisted, and as a result, those with skill get to fly. There isn't twenty thousand years to be one the lucky few @ss kissers who get to hop in an F-16.

Israel has the most efficient and best air combat track record in the world.

Of course, they kinda have to be...

I'll give you $10,000 if you become an air force pilot in the U.S.

I have motion sickness. Flew a plane once....threw up all over the cockpit.

YA right, well sorry flight simulator doesn't count.

Uh? You can go down to your local civil airport (testing, private, chartered planes etc..) and grab a flying lesson for ~150 mulla. I went the cheaper route with the Cessna152. :D
Also flew a helicopter once, that was crazy.

Get off the internet and try something new.

Interesting, but how old do you have to be to be allowed to fly a plane?

13 for training and 14 for certification, I think. You can get your pilots license before you can drive. Haha.

I took my first flying lesson at the age of 10. You have to be 17 to get a private pilot's license, 16 to get a student license. I think they have changed the rules a little so now there is a minimum age for when you start, you used to be able to start taking lessons whenever you wanted, but you couldn't solo until you had a student ticket. Then some 8 year-old got killed flying around the US and that changed.

Most airports will have someone that will give you an intro lesson for 50-75 bucks, then you too can say you've flown an airplane.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: db
Originally posted by: techs
Receive is an interesting word. Since the U.S. gives Israel the money to buy them.
I wonder if this somehow is considered a good thing for our trade deficit?
Distribution of forign aid

QFT!

And that's only the direct aid, we still didn't get to the indirect aid, in the form of huge discounts here and there...etc
Just think what all that money could have done in here from 1949 till now! Perhaps 9/11 would have never happened, perhaps we would have been a much better country today, perhaps the middle east would have had the same generally positive opinion of us as in the pre-Israel days...perhaps...perhaps...sigh

Originally posted by: fallout man
It goes both ways.

QFMFT!

What the Palestinians inflict is nothing compared to what the Israelis reply / start with, same applies to other places.
Lebanon, due to Israel's +20 year war on it's free and innocent people, serves as one of the greatest witnesses of Israel's bloody history, which only recently in the Summer of 2006 got +1000 innocent Lebanese civilian names added to it's pages. What is this thing of great magnitude that Lebanon ever inflicted on Israel? Look at what Israel has done to Lebanon over the years. Might makes right is the best way I can describe it. They promised, and they delivered that they would turn my country's clock 20 years back in time with their pre-planned war, they did.

And mago, please, next time you hear from anyone about the "Horrors of Sderot" for instance, feel free to remind them that "Sderot" which many people probably don't know / know but choose to ignore that it was formerly known as Najd, well...that was before the Israelis ethnically cleansed all of it's Palestinian population back in 1948, the year that peace loving country was established that is!

And if anyone needs to speak about horrors, it should be the people affected by Israel's excessive use of it's military power ((especially it's air force).
I live and work not so far away from a US Air Force Base, I have to admit, every time a jet flies nearby, for a second of time I think I am back home and start thinking where would be a good place to not get torn into pieces by shrapnel and then my mind kicks in to remind me that I don't have to worry about that anymore. Even though that was a long time ago, but that's how it went like for most of my childhood and adulthood, It just shows from a personal experience the extent of how deep Israel's abuse of force has been on people's lives over the years. I think this F-35 deal is a huge mistake, but then again we know they'll get it and we know they will enjoy the tax payers discount very well.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk

Actually it doesn't matter - the JSF is more 'AWACS' in many respects than the AWACS is
Faster, better radar, much lower observationability, more manuverable as well.
It dosen't need the AWACS to pin the target, and the on board sensors don't 'bloom' like those of old.
The AWACS itself is a preferred target because of JSF technology.
(It can see you and mark you from nearly 100 miles out, over the horizon, and you never knew it was there until it was too late)
wow, it's more advanced than i thought

why do people want typhoons? (other than the fact that the typhoon is available now)

it's significantly cheaper. If you are an US ally there is absolutely no reason to try to compete with US hardware, the chance that an US ally will meet a F-22 or F-35 in combat is almost zero. You can buy Typhoons or Rafales for much less money and still be more then competitive with anything else out there (Russian, Chinese, ...)

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Lemon law

Both things I don't think Israel should be allowed to have.

Why?

Because Israel has shit for brains leadership unwilling to make any peace with their neighbors. Increasing Israeli military strength only serves to wreck any prospects of Mid East peace. And last summers incursions into Lebanon are quite enough proof.

What is this fantasy land you live in?

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
it's significantly cheaper. If you are an US ally there is absolutely no reason to try to compete with US hardware, the chance that an US ally will meet a F-22 or F-35 in combat is almost zero. You can buy Typhoons or Rafales for much less money and still be more then competitive with anything else out there (Russian, Chinese, ...)

Good point, and I'll add to it that Typhoon are far and away cheaper to operate and maintain. Of course they're not "Stealth", but neither is the F117 anymore. The new gen of Stealth aircraft from the U.S. are far and away superior to the F-117 in every way to include decreased radiation in all frequencies, to include visible and audible.

If you don't need an over-the-top dominant (and EXPENSIVE) fighter, the Typhoon is very attractive and deadly.

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
A person would be dearly mistaken to assume the Russian toys can't rise to the challenge, the Su-35 and the Su-47 are looking very deadly to me.

The Su-35 hasn't been produced in numbers and not a single one has been sold outside of Russia. There is only one prototype Su-47 which is not slated for production at this time.

Also, neither is a stealth aircraft. Even an F-35 guided by an AWACS could take them out without the enemy ever figuring out where the hell the F-35 was.

my last 2 projects in corporate America were to
work on the design team for the JSF & F22 radios.

America's potential adversaries have a lot of
money to spend on military R&D. then it becomes
partially a question of, how much do they get for
their R&D dollar ? (how well do they manage
these huge technical projects ?)

not knowing anything about the Russian & Iranian
equivalents of Lockheed (for example), i couldn't
comment.

anyway, nice catch.

Jane's Defense is also a good resource for military
tech info.
http://jdw.janes.com/public/jdw/index.shtml

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
DarkThinker is on an emotional tear here.... *pulling out handkerchief*

Good job with selective and distorted snippets of history: Lebanon or 1948....

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Originally posted by: 1prophet
Receive is an interesting word. Since the U.S. gives Israel the money to buy them.

This is an excellent question, and that is why I believe we should sell the Japanese as many F-22's as they want since they are one of our largest debt holders if not the largest and one of our closest allies.

Japan first new potential F-22 buyer

I believe is it stupid to sell ANY of our first line fighters to anyone - period.

Especially to a country that specializes in reverse enginering, and thrives on copying every one elses best products.

Remember - Toshiba sold propriatory technology that made the equipment for our drives screws on our submarines . . .
they sold the equipment and knowledge to Russia.
That severly compromised our ability to stay hidden from them and from us to see their weapons systems.

I tend to agree. When we are replacing the best fighters in the world with even better fighters, our old shit should be good enough for anybody except us.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: wwswimming
A person would be dearly mistaken to assume the Russian toys can't rise to the challenge, the Su-35 and the Su-47 are looking very deadly to me.

The Su-35 hasn't been produced in numbers and not a single one has been sold outside of Russia. There is only one prototype Su-47 which is not slated for production at this time.

Also, neither is a stealth aircraft. Even an F-35 guided by an AWACS could take them out without the enemy ever figuring out where the hell the F-35 was.

comment.

anyway, nice catch.

tech info.
Most countries spend more money trying to steal and reverse-engineer our tech, than they do to invent such tech themselves.

Therefore, not only do we have to spend money to design, build, and field our tech, we also need to spend a lot more money protecting it.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: wwswimming

comment.

anyway, nice catch.

tech info.
Most countries spend more money trying to steal and reverse-engineer our tech, than they do to invent such tech themselves.

Therefore, not only do we have to spend money to design, build, and field our tech, we also need to spend a lot more money protecting it.

I'm sorry, but i'm going to have to disagree with that statement.

Espionage IS an important part in developing arms and vehicles and we both know that, but that the US should be special in this field is simply not true, as an example, the F-22, that isn't a US original design, you probably already know that though and i'm just babbeling, i'm going to get some dinner with my kids, i'll be back later.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: The Green Bean

It's pumped back into your economy. These planes probably have little value for you and so you are virtually paying the arms company and Israel gets them for free.

All this does is promote an arms race in the M.E. If the US stopped pumping billions of dollars to fund terrorists, the M.E companies could have spent their earned money on their economy and alleviating poverty.

waxing eloquent again I see,,,,

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: dna
DarkThinker is on an emotional tear here.... *pulling out handkerchief*

Good job with selective and distorted snippets of history: Lebanon or 1948....

What selective and distorted snippets of history? That Zionist Jews ethnically cleansed Palestinians out of their lands? That Israel used excessive force like they did in Lebanon killing +1000 Lebanese civilians 10 TIMES their casualties meanwhile the majority of their casualties where mostly military? And that's without mentioning the devastating destruction of Lebanon's infrastracture and tourism sector?

Seriously am I mentioning anything new here?

And look who is talking about being on an emotional tear, another sympathy whoring Zionist!
Dude usually the Zionist sympathy whoring that gets the Israelis the BILLIONS of dollars in aid usually sounds like a 419 Nigerian scam!

"THIS IS URGENT!

WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO TALK TO, BUT YOUR COUNTRY SHOWED UP IN A DIRECTORY SEARCH, WE NEED YOUR HELP.....IMMEDIATELY

WE NEED BILLIONS OF YOUR TAX MONEY OR...OR THE FREEDOM HATING STONE SLINGING LONG FANGED ARABS WILL GET US IF WE DON'T HAVE F-35's! YOU KNOW WE SUFFERED IN HISTORY....WE LOVE YOU GENTILES....I MEAN OUR AMERICAN ALLIES...TRUST US WE LOVE YOU LONG TIME....SO SEND THE MONEY IN OK?
.......KISSES!"

I had friends and relatives die in Lebanon and in the Summer of 2006 war with Israel, people that had nothing to do with the conflict nor where they anywhere near any fighting. But I am not surprised, the "Chosen People of God" don't give a crap about the creations of God.
The whole world is supposed to cry and morn for your people's casualties, holocaust heritage and whatever horrors you face on your theft acquired land, however if someone complains about the Israeli abuse of force against innocent civilians in and outside his country he is mocked by hypocrites such as you DNA.... keep it up.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Do you want another handkerchief?

There's no real point arguing with you as you are one step away from posting pictures of green helmet with the dead baby.

Anyway, you can thank Hezbollah for any destruction that occurred, just like the Palestinians can thank the neighboring countries. You better read up on some real history instead of suckling on Nasrallah's tit.

BTW, how goes it in Lebanon? Another car bomb recently... shall we blame Israel as well?

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Do you want another handkerchief?

There's no real point arguing with you as you are one step away from posting pictures of green helmet with the dead baby.

Anyway, you can thank Hezbollah for any destruction that occurred, just like the Palestinians can thank the neighboring countries.

Are you trying to label me as a Hizbollah supporter?? LOL Cause you would be out of your mind (not that your not anyways)
And please don't mock Hizbollah, they might be a bunch of fvcked up Shiite extremists in my book, but they proved themselves magnitudes smarter than their Israeli counterparts in the war, they were facing a military with the best equipment US tax payers could pay for, the best Air Forces in the region...etc Yet they still didn't give an inch to Israel, didn't return the so dear Israeli soldiers that somehow came at a cost of +1000 Lebanese civilians and the destruction of a whole country (which I doubt Hizbollah cares about that either) and know fvcking Nasrallah is so empowered that he is giving Israel not a warning, but he is challenging them to come back and die some more!!

Don't you Israelis see what is going on?? Your military command has sht for brains and a big lust for Arabic blood PERIOD
It's in Nasrallah's best interest to have the Lebanese government weakened, he wants Israel to hit Lebanon more. Heck he would love to see Israel destroy the Lebanese Army if they will too.
Which is one of the main reasons the Lebanese Armed Forces who for a change don't have sht for brains like the IDF's leadership did and stayed neutral, they knew better than to play the Hizbollah play book and get in over their heads from Israel and Hizbollah.

Israel occupied southern Lebanon for +20 years and did another incursion in 2006 yet they still didn't get SHT from them. But still somehow the not so smart Israelis we have here on the forum still complain why Lebanon couldn't deal with Hizbollah. Israelis are so naive that they don't realize that Hizbollah's inception came directly from the Israeli occupation of southern Lebanon, their existence and power comes straight from Israel's abuse of power.

We (Sunni Muslims and Christian Lebanese) try to resist Hizbollah in Lebanon telling them that a permanent peace / truce is a better solution for Lebanon, trying to keep the country together whatever it takes...then Israel comes in, bypasses the southern area (which is the usual conflict area) and then attacks ALL OF LEBANON areas of all religions and political backgrounds, BOOSTING Hizbollah's support by magnitudes and magnitudes and then we can't do anything about it...and then on top of that we get blamed for whatever Hizbollah does in the future....kind of sucks you know?

Israel like a stupid child with an automatic rifle in a mall filled with people, played the Hizbollah play book step for step, Hizbollah gained and Israel lost. And either way either Hizbollah wins or not Lebanon and it's interest are always crammed on the loosing end of things thanks to Hizbollah, Israel, Syria and Iran.

You see Hizbollah opposed to the rest of the Lebanese, don't see themselves as Lebanese (they pretend they are) they see themselves fighting for the greater yet to arrive Shiite empire in the ME, they don't care about Lebanon.
I have hared it straight from the mouths of Lebanese Shiites in here and there no lie, they want to destroy Israel by any mean possible and establish some sort of greater Iran with the help of obviously Iran and they are using Israel's military power to destroy Lebanon and Israel, kind of genius and scary at the same time.

You better read up on some real history instead of suckling on Nasrallah's tit.

WTF is wrong with you? You think you are more educated than me on this? Are you going to educate me on what happens in my country? Are you going to educate me on that pre-1948 there was no Israel and then bam post 1948 Palestine is filled with European Jews all the sudden that "God promised them the land" or something? What the fck do you want to teach me? How about you read about your ungrateful people's history for a change? How about you read about how your country is bringing the economy of this country to it's knees?

BTW, how goes it in Lebanon? Another car bomb recently... shall we blame Israel as well?

First of all, what the fvck does that have to do with this topic? Do you feel cornered or something? Are you trying to change the subject? It's not related to Israel by what we know so far PERIOD
Secondly,l I am not in Lebanon and haven't been there in years and years, thanks to your generous donations to Israel from my pocket and it's ruthless use of force anyways...
Third thing, a Lebanese Internal Security Forces engineer got assassinated he was handling data investigations and busts of Fatah-Al-Islam in addition to his handling the investigation of Rafik Harrir. Most clues / motives are pointing towards a Fatah-Al-Islam / Syria involvement, nothing that Israel might have a benefit in IMHO

Oh and DNA, go grow a couple of brain cells will ya? I ask you about A you got to F I talk about F you jump to Q...WTH I can keep it up as long as you want but you will not get anywhere you want to go...

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
WTF is wrong with you? You think you are more educated than me on this? Are you going to educate me on what happens in my country? Are you going to educate me on that pre-1948 there was no Israel and then bam post 1948 Palestine is filled with European Jews all the sudden that "God promised them the land" or something?

LOL

Soon you'll tell me that there were no Jews there, right? Or maybe that any Jews that arrived kicked out the poor, poor Palestinians? :D

If you knew any history then you wouldn't be blabbing the same old propaganda. Truth is that the Arabs of the area were divided into two classes, the poor, ignorant peasants, and those who owned land. Needless to say, those that owned land wouldn't have anything to do with the poor, but when Jews arrived and started changing the balance of power due to superior manufacturing and farming technique (and the urbanization that followed) -- they felt threatened, and started saber rattling, encouraging attacks against Jews.

It's the same old story over and over again: Nasrallah doesn't have purpose after Israel pulled back -- "let's help our brothers in palestine"; Iranian wackos have a crumbling economy -- "we must destroy Israel to help the palestinians".....

Yep.... just like 48, 6 countries marched on a little piece of land to save the Palestinians; they did mighty fine job, as they are still keeping them in refugee camps :)

First of all, what the fvck does that have to do with this topic? Do you feel cornered or something? Are you trying to change the subject?

:laugh:

you started lambasting about poor Lebanon being the victim of Israel; seems like it has much bigger internal issues -- but we already knew that, as it happens when you have a militia controlling half the country, while Syrian agents exerting control over the other half.

Yep, changing the subject :roll:

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
If you knew any history then you wouldn't be blabbing the same old propaganda. Truth is that the Arabs of the area were divided into two classes, the poor, ignorant peasants, and those who owned land. Needless to say, those that owned land wouldn't have anything to do with the poor, but when Jews arrived and started changing the balance of power due to superior manufacturing and farming technique (and the urbanization that followed) -- they felt threatened, and started saber rattling, encouraging attacks against Jews.

sources?

I'm a little rusty on my Zionist revisionist history. I like your ideas, and I would like to surbscribe to your newsletter.

TheNewbie

Jul 17, 2007
Israel always was, currently is, and probably always will be the strongest country in the ME, so why do you bother bashing about it in here? I mean its a fact and you're all just going to have to face it whether you like it or not.
For all the arabs/arab supporters here all I can assure you that if and when your (arab) countries ever think they can wipe Israel out, they won't be hesitating for a split second before they go at it full scale.
So 'till that happens you can keep whining or just stfu and accept reality. You are the weak, Israel is the strong.

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
Originally posted by: CaptnKirkI believe is it stupid to sell ANY of our first line fighters to anyone - period.

i raised this question at a meeting with one of the
program managers.

he said, "don't worry, we don't give away the
family jewels, we keep the best technology for
ourselves."

i believe him, in the sense that he was describing
the policy at our radio works.

But - other people are selling US defense technology
(nuclear weapons technology), as discovered by
Sibel Edmonds, whose story now extends to what
occurred to Valerie Plame.

Valerie Plame's work was interfered with by persons at -
* the FBI
* the US State Department
* the Vice President's office
* possibly Karl Rove - the President's office

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...=2139311&enterthread=y

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Given the recent groundings of the F-15's, which Israel has many of, it's not surprising that Israel is getting F-35's...

...the US isn't going to allow other Arab countries in the region to get brand new military jets while Israel's F-15's are either grounded or flight restricted.

Worrying about whether one's jet is going to hold together in the next conflict is not acceptable...

Chuck

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: TheNewbie
Israel always was, currently is, and probably always will be the strongest country in the ME, so why do you bother bashing about it in here? I mean its a fact and you're all just going to have to face it whether you like it or not.
For all the arabs/arab supporters here all I can assure you that if and when your (arab) countries ever think they can wipe Israel out, they won't be hesitating for a split second before they go at it full scale.
So 'till that happens you can keep whining or just stfu and accept reality. You are the weak, Israel is the strong.
Isreal is nothing without United States political and financial support, not really sure how that is a sign of being 'strong' :confused: