Israel to colonize new Palestinian territory

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: dna
To Lemon Law --- who is too thick to use the quote button.

Tell us, where did the Israelis fled to? Back to Europe? Other Arab countries? To the US who closed its borders?
If you had any clue you'd know about the Jewish Exodus.

As for their own self interests, those were shaped by calls by the Arabs for them to leave: they chose sides, and they paid for it.
If anything, the blame lies with the Arab countries -- too bad all they've done is keep them locked up in refugee camps as a way to motivate their own people.

Try to use the quote button in your next reply.

Use that link carefully and stop tossing it aside.

After the creation of Israel and the massive displacement of Arabs OF COURSE THERE IS GOING TO BE ANGER ANY ANY JEWS

JUST LIKE HOW 9/11 CREATED A BACKLASH TO MUSLIMS HERE But enough people had their heads on enough to let anything et horribly out of hand.
I personally would LOVE to see those Jews go back to the respective countries they lived in:

It isn't RIGHT. It is CLEARLY WRONG what happened, but don't act like all Arab countries were itching to eject their native Jewish population - no matter WHAT group of people you deal with, someone will always look to a scape goat for something to happen - and the Jews in neighboring Arab nations got royally screwed...

of course this all Benefited the state of israel who tried to increase its population.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6611667.stm
Read that for sad tales of what happened and what was lost.

And Lemon Head is VERY correct - as he seems to be one of the few willing to actually consider BOTH sides.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: magomago
And Lemon Head is VERY correct - as he seems to be one of the few willing to actually consider BOTH sides.

As far as I'm concerned only one side deserves life.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Your comment reminds me of something Winston Churchill said back in 1937 when Britain was working with the Zionists to partition off part of Palestine for them:
I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.
Such bigotry and outright disregard for human rights fuels much of the conflicts in this world.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002

You know, you think just like Bin Laden did after he was radicalized. How does that make you feel to know that you simply think the same way that they do? Two sides of the same coin...

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: TheSnowman

Your comment reminds me of something Winston Churchill said back in 1937 when Britain was working with the Zionists to partition off part of Palestine for them:
I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.
Such bigotry and outright disregard for human rights fuels much of the conflicts in this world.

Excuse me? I did not mention any superior race. Not at all.

My harsh and cruel statement stems from a cruel reality in that they have sworn death to infidels and you, me, most the people here regardless of our support in their effort or not. They declare themselves my enemy, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So my allegiance in this war is with myself, my country, and then to our allies such as Israel who fights our common enemy.

Unless we intend to watch our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and untold numbers of future generations die in this bloodbath we must force this war to come to a powerful and decisive end. Against the stratagem of terrorism we must seize absolute control and authority over a population that participates in those acts of war. So long as they are capable of committing acts of war then we have not been brutal, harsh, or cruel enough to force them into a cessation of hostilities.

That, I may remind you is the ultimate goal and they make it abundantly clear that if they were left to their own devises they would kill us all instead of settle for peace. So then it is up to us to return their acts of war upon them and make it cost so grievously that they are incapable of continuing. Until we muster up the will to do these necessary retaliations we shall find ourselves in a constant unending state of warfare in that region and elsewhere where Islamists operate their cells.

If unending warfare and loss of life is your desire, then by all means continue on our present course of action or even submit some bit of will to their desires and show them a continued sign of weakness. I on the other hand would prefer if we ended it.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

You know, you think just like Bin Laden did after he was radicalized. How does that make you feel to know that you simply think the same way that they do? Two sides of the same coin...

Islamic supremacy is not my desire, try again. Different side of a coin you say? I don?t have a religion I want to convert the planet to. I only have people who I have seen declare war and who need to be stopped. If stopping them is being criminal, then I am criminal and stand proudly for it.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Consider?
One who adamantly holds the position that those who left in 1948 were complete and total victims -- right along with the lack of any squeak about the responsibility of the neighboring states -- can hardly be considered open minded.

On the bright side, he finally used the quote button.

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: dna
Consider?
One who adamantly holds the position that those who left in 1948 were complete and total victims -- right along with the lack of any squeak about the responsibility of the neighboring states -- can hardly be considered open minded.

On the bright side, he finally used the quote button.

I'm sorry, are you portraying yourself as an open-minded individual, or are you just trying to attack someone on this forum?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
LemonLaw

The Palestinians that were "suckered" in by the Arab promises left voluntarily.

Why? - because they did not want to get caught in the fighting.
They fully expected the Arab nations to sweep out the Jews and then the People of Palestine could come back and have everything that was before, plus what was Jewish.

Those that stayed and were caught in the conflict, became tarred by association in the fact that some assisted the Arab nations and the others that fled.

Given Israel's resolve in turning back the Arab nations that were determiend to erradicate the Jews, the Palestinians that stayed had every right to be worried.

They gambeled as a psuedo nation and lost. Had the shoe been on the other foot, much worse would have been done.

Now those that acted in betrayal and enemies of Israel want the priviledge of coming back and ignoring why they left.
They attack Israel for outside, yet want Israel to accept them with open arms. What is to say, that they will not continue their current actions? If they did so, it would be dangerous to Israel.

As stated before, until the Palestinians show that they can have a responsible government, Israel is nto going to do much more than lip service toward any demands.
Israel will act in their on interests, whether the world opinion agrees or not. The world opinion has always backed the Arabs against Israel from the instant the Jewish state was created.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To Eagle Keeper who says---The world opinion has always backed the Arabs against Israel from the instant the Jewish state was created.

Its was basically US support that allowed The founding of the nation of Israel and made the 1948 UN mandate possible. And any who maintain that the US press is not totally pro Israeli is in denial of reality. And correspondingly the Palestinian get the bad press. Right now only US support keeps Israel afloat.

In the arab world the press is a mirror opposite and the British have long memories if Israeli terrorism
when they had the Palestinian mandate prior to 1948.

There is a long history of high ideals along with some rather dirty dealings on all sides. Sadly any progress in a settlement of the conflict seems to have died along with Rabin. Right now land seized in the 1967 war---land that under UN law cannot be retained by Israel is now the main driving force in the conflict. With nearly all moderates on all side now replaced by hard liners.

Given the present problems in Iraq, I fear an all out mid-east war is brewing. Perhaps fortunately for Israel, Fatah and Hamas are fighting each other. When that conflict is settled, I assume we will see more aggressive arab tactics.

I certainly hope for all concerned that progress in negotiations occurs or there is going to be a total bloodbath coming for the mid-east.

Trente

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: senseamp
The point is, I hope Israeli Jews have an evacuation plan. I don't think we can afford another Holocaust.

You don't think YOU can afford another Holocaust? How about what the Jews themselves think of this? Well, this is what they think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

In any case, those who believe that with Israel's obliteration there will be an end to Muslim fanaticism - with it's violent means and intentions to harm western interests - is painfully wrong. You have to carefully observe the roots of this phenomena in order to realize that the Israeli-Arab conflict is just a temporarily, and frankly well-executed cover-up to fool those who like to close their eyes and ears just to come up with 100 different explanations and theories other than the simple and rational conclusion. A certain part of these people is irreparable because it is driven by hatred to the Jewish and/or Israeli people more than it is driven by common sense and good judgment. To those who are truly objective with regard to understanding what is at stake here I'll say: there is a fine line between being cautious and stupid. Make sure you have that line bald and painted red so that you are aware in case you innocently cross it.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Nuclear weapons are useful against an aggressor who comes from afar with the threat being your home and country will be destroyed when you return. But useless against a threat that comes from within because then the home and country you destroy is your own.

Like I said before---those that refuse to share may end up with nothing. Israel is opting for the strategy of a pig---and most pigs end up as bacon. Which does not mean the Palestinians are immune from the pig strategy either. But if they can't collectively come to an agreement after failing for nearly 60 years, it may be high time for the international community to impose a binding arbitration settlement. Neither side will like it but at least they will be united in their dislike.

The alternative risks a real bloodbath.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
who cares. i sure dont. its on the other side of the world. not my country, not my culture, not my problem.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
But it is your problem Citrix. Any broader mid-east oil will shut off the arab oil spigot. Within five minutes oil speculation will shoot gas prices to $20. plus a gallon if you can get gas at all.
What we are talking here is instant world wide economic depression all over the planet.

Still think its not your problem?

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Citrix
who cares. i sure dont. its on the other side of the world. not my country, not my culture, not my problem.

How sweet.
rose.gif

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
Israel gives land, Israel gives prisoners (hundreds of terrorists for a few israeli soliders), this country is the single most bizzare country I've ever seen how the heck do they survive? Israel celebrated capturing jersulaem yesterday. they were attacked (by 3 directions) and managed to fend all enemies in 6 days, killing ever 8000 arab soliders and losing under 200 Israeli soliders. Not to mention the 1948 war where they were in a even worse position and they wont that too. The arabs should just stop messing with them honestly, stop attacking them, let them have the tiny peace of land and let them live in peace. This goes for all the other countries too, I don't understand why people freak out about ISRAEL building HOUSES in ISRAEL so strrange how the world reacts to every little thing jews do. its wierdddd

nullzero

Jan 15, 2005
The Arabs and Palestinians tried to conqeror and destory all the Jews in Israel a few times already. The Palestinians should shut their mouth and stop crying wolf, they lost the few wars that they started now its time to accept their situation.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: nullzero
The Arabs and Palestinians tried to conqeror and destory all the Jews in Israel two times already. The Palestinians should shut their mouth and stop crying wolf, they lost the two wars that they started now its time to accept their situation.

Palestinians never started squat.
They were the Arab's slaves.
Now they are the Jew's slaves.

SpeedZealot369

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Aimster
The Arabs and Palestinians tried to conqeror and destory all the Jews in Israel two times already. The Palestinians should shut their mouth and stop crying wolf, they lost the two wars that they started now its time to accept their situation.

oh rightttt... palestinians are the victims here :confused: that makes so much more sense. Hmmm should Israel give them more land? will that fix the problem? because that's what they want yet I still don't see how that would fix anything, it hasn't in the past and it won't. Before Israel was made a state none of the arabs cared about Israel, the second it became a Jewish state they attacked (48), and then they attacked again in the 67 war, then time and time again the arabs start wars and lose horribly, I don't know if it's god or what but I'm glad Israel has something going for them. Please exaplin how they are slaves? is it the citizenship Israel gives arabs that live in Israel? maybe it's the land they gave in the north? does that make them slaves? do you get paid by palestinians to post this false nonsense in the P&N forums?

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Aimster
The Arabs and Palestinians tried to conqueror and destroy all the Jews in Israel two times already. The Palestinians should shut their mouth and stop crying wolf, they lost the two wars that they started now its time to accept their situation.

True until...

Initially the trusted their Arab brothers in that the Jews would be exterminated.
The Palestinians chose the wrong side and wound up on the loosing end.
The continued to trust their Arab brothers and continually made life worse for themselves.
Then when they finally wised up that the Arabs were not going to solve their problems, their leadership started causing more problems that was directly attributed to the Palestinians.
And again the have made life worse.

They just seem to always chose the wrong side and then want to be rewarded for doing so.

The Jews are not enslaving them; they are doing it to themselves by their choices.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
What positive choices does Israel offer the Palestinians? Other than grin and bear being second class citizens in the land of their birth?

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Lemon law
What positive choices does Israel offer the Palestinians? Other than grin and bear being second class citizens in the land of their birth?
The negative choices are to prevent the Palestinians from having any form of government.
Prevent them from working in Israel.
Force the Palestinians to work with the failure of government leadership.

The postiive choice is to choose a government that wants to be responsible
and allow them to prove that they can be a country.

The US has plenty of "second class people" also in our territories.
Those territories have chosen a government that can represent the people and work with others.

Why can the Palestinians not do the same. They continue to choose a government that does not want to live in harmony with Israel; why should Israel bend over for them?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The chicken and the egg question---which came first---but EagleKeeper---your answer explains why this is going to go on and on and on until more sensible people impose binding arbitration on Israel or Israel is simply pushed into the sea. Israel's apartheid government offers no answers. And because Israel refused to get real with Fatah, now Israel will likely be dealing with the Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hide duo of Hamas and Hezbollah. The mistakes of 1948 and the right to return simply will not go away---no matter how hard you try to self delude yourself. And the politics of piggishness never works long term.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Lemon law
The chicken and the egg question---which came first---but EagleKeeper---your answer explains why this is going to go on and on and on until more sensible people impose binding arbitration on Israel or Israel is simply pushed into the sea. Israel's apartheid government offers no answers. And because Israel refused to get real with Fatah, now Israel will likely be dealing with the Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hide duo of Hamas and Hezbollah. The mistakes of 1948 and the right to return simply will not go away---no matter how hard you try to self delude yourself. And the politics of piggishness never works long term.
Binding arbitration will only work when there are two responsible parties that will enforce the decision.

Until then it will be whom ever has the biggest stick.

With Egypt and Jordan, there was a responsible party to eventually negotiate with.

Syria, Lebanon do not want to negotiate.

Palestinians have no responsible party.
Arafat was not responsible.
Fatah was not able/capable to implement any agreement.
Hamas & Hezbollah do not want to be responsible. They built their reputations on anti-Israel.