Israel to colonize new Palestinian territory

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Originally posted by: manowar821
What in the hell?

Why would they further worsen their image by attempting to spread their territory? They're just as big of animals as the Palestinians, and the Christians. They better learn their place.
Which is?

Enjoying the fact that they HAVE a nation to call their own? It's called not pushing their luck.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
What in the hell?

Why would they further worsen their image by attempting to spread their territory? They're just as big of animals as the Palestinians, and the Christians. They better learn their place.
Which is?

Enjoying the fact that they HAVE a nation to call their own? It's called not pushing their luck.
They sweated blood to have that nation 60 years ago.
And for the next 30 years after wards.

The Palestinians have asked for handouts and deception over the past 60 years.
they still do not know what they want nor what type of leadership will provide them with whatever path they will take.

They chose leadership previously that led them down the sacrificial/self serving path previously.

They recently may have done the same.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Oh I am so surprised that our pro-Israeli members are defending this with their hearts and souls. :disgust:

So the land is not Israeli under international law, yet still I hear from many that if Israel can pull it off, then WTF not?
This really shows the true soul of Israel and their supporters for the most part. If the land can be used for the greater good of the Jewish nation of Israel then kill and remove everyone from it, steal it and put it to use... and to hell with international laws and what everyone else thinks.

Israel Jerusalem policy condemned

The international Red Cross has privately accused Israel of reshaping Jerusalem to further its own interests, in violation of international law.
A leaked ICRC report says Israeli policy has far-reaching humanitarian consequences for Palestinians living under occupation in East Jerusalem.

Israel captured East Jerusalem in 1967, and the territory is regarded as occupied land under international law.

But Israel rejects this, and says the report's premise is, therefore, wrong.

The report says Israel shows "general disregard" for its obligations under international humanitarian law and the law of military occupation in particular.

Violations that change the status of East Jerusalem include the West Bank barrier, an outer ring of Jewish settlements around the city and roads to connect Israeli districts and settlements, the report says.

An ICRC spokesman confirmed that leaked quotations in a US newspaper were from a confidential report transmitted in February 2007 to Israel and some other governments.

Boycott

The leak comes a day before Israel marks 40 years, according to the Jewish calendar, since its capture of East Jerusalem from Jordanian control, in the 1967 war.

"We reject the premise of the report," said Israeli foreign ministry spokesman Mark Regev.

"East Jerusalem is not occupied land, it is part of Israel. All people there were offered full Israeli citizenship."

Israel's unilateral moves in Jerusalem have been condemned by several UN Security Council Resolutions.

US and EU ambassadors have boycotted ceremonies in the run-up to Israel's Jerusalem Day on Wednesday, arguing that the status of the city should be determined by negotiations with the Palestinians.

Link

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
What did international law do for Israel over the past 60 years.

Support those that want their destruction.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007

So according to you, international law means sh!t, right?

OK just wanted to have that on the record.

International law is what keeps Israel from swallowing everything around it dipshit, international law is what gave Israel global acknowledgment as a country right after it was founded and gave it's very existence legitimacy, international law is what prevents the countries that really hate Israel (which are a lot) from wiping Israel clean.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: DarkThinker

International law is what keeps Israel from swallowing everything around it dipshit, international law is what gave Israel global acknowledgment as a country right after it was founded and gave it's very existence legitimacy, international law is what prevents the countries that really hate Israel (which are a lot) from wiping Israel clean.

Funny, international law stopped Israel from putting the smackdown on the Arab countries (that attacked it) in five different conflicts.

International law "accepts" the Palestinians as a county/people, yet does not encourage/force them to abide by their treaties.

Yet the Arab countries have ignored international law and their own words four of those times. Some of the Arab countries actively support attacks against Israel.

None attempt to honor international law very strongly about the weapons/munitions being transfered.

Seems like International law is slightly biased here and has been for the past 60 years.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007

Funny, international law stopped Israel from putting the smackdown on the Arab countries (that attacked it) in five different conflicts.

International law "accepts" the Palestinians as a county/people, yet does not encourage/force them to abide by their treaties.

Yet the Arab countries have ignored international law and their own words four of those times. Some of the Arab countries actively support attacks against Israel.

None attempt to honor international law very strongly about the weapons/munitions being transfered.

Seems like International law is slightly biased here and has been for the past 60 years.

That's funny too, because I thought it was pretty biased when Jews where allowed to come all the way from Europe to Palestine, gobble up land by force and other means and then declare the state of Israel then have that state acknowledged by international law.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

That's funny too, because I thought it was pretty biased when Jews where allowed to come all the way from Europe to Palestine, gobble up land by force and other means and then declare the state of Israel then have that state acknowledged by international law.

At that time, there was no real claim to the land.

Much was actually purchased from the locals

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007

At that time, there was no real claim to the land.

Much was actually purchased from the locals
No real claim my ass.
That's not what I hear from Palestinians, I hear that people were either forced out of their land or forced to sign and some sold some land willingly. I just doubt the concept of the majority of the land being purchased, you are going to tell me that Jews paid almost for all of Israel?? Your fckn kidding me in here! If you are kidding me then please do tell.
And if there was no real claim to the land as you so say, then how do you purchase unclaimed land smart ass??

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
There was no real government at the time that "claimed" the land up until after WWII.
It was an open territory that happened to fall under that category of leftovers.
Egypt, Trans Jordan (which actually did not exists prior to that time), Syria and Lebanon did not claim ownership.

A small amount of settlements and a large open unclaimed/unoccupied/unused area is what existed.
Most of the settlements were around water seeps/springs.

The Jews purchased land from tribes/settlers and also settled on land that was not in use.
They they improved the land that they then used. Some Arabs were upset that they land that the thought was worthless actually became fruitful.

The borders of Israel were drawn by the UN via British and Arab diplomats.
Trans-Jordan was carved out as well as Palestine. the Arabs in Palestine did

Many of the Palestinians are repeating what they have heard (not observed). And most of those items were after Israel was declared a nation. At that point a larger influx of Jews showed up and also, the Palestinians were already in hot water for declaring sides with the Arab nations in the initial conflicts.

Many of the vocal Palestinians are those that grew up in the first generation refugee camps caused by their parents being involved in the attacks against Israel. Look at their ages. 30-50 years. There are very few that are over the age of 60. One would have to be 65 to even remember directly what happened initially. Any younger means they are the result of spoon fed hatred and stories used to justify hatred and the mistakes of the story tellers. Some may have been around between '48 and '73 and ar3e consumed by the loss of rpide from being on the wrong side and forced again into such conditions.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To eagle Keeper---who once gain engages in revisionist history by stating---Many of the vocal Palestinians are those that grew up in the first generation refugee camps caused by their parents being involved in the attacks against Israel.

The point being only some of their parents were in any way involved with attacks on Israel---but Israel tarred the lot and confiscated all their land--and that little mistake still drives the conflict today---look up the right to return which no Palestinian will compromise on. Israel had that choice in 1948---and opted to thieve the land and only operate in their interest when the UN mandate intended that the Israeli state treat both jews and non jews equally.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Lemon law
To eagle Keeper---who once gain engages in revisionist history by stating---Many of the vocal Palestinians are those that grew up in the first generation refugee camps caused by their parents being involved in the attacks against Israel.

The point being only some of their parents were in any way involved with attacks on Israel---but Israel tarred the lot and confiscated all their land--and that little mistake still drives the conflict today---look up the right to return which no Palestinian will compromise on. Israel had that choice in 1948---and opted to thieve the land and only operate in their interest when the UN mandate intended that the Israeli state treat both jews and non jews equally.

I believe the land was confiscated AFTER the first war.
The Arab nations encouraged the Arabs insited the ISraeli partition of Palestine to either leave or take up arms.

Israel (as events proved) was correct in not trusting the Arabs in general (both inside and outside) their territory. In a fight for survival, you do not turn the other cheek.
Israel was caught in a dammed if you do and dammed if not situation.

Those Palestinians that chose to leave made the decision based on their own self interests.

Israel expanded to that land because it was in the self interests of the Palestinians to not return and in Israel's best interest to have the land productive and allow their refugees a place to settle.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
More phony baloney from Eagle Keeper---Those Palestinians that chose to leave made the decision based on their own self interests.

When your house becomes ground zero in a shooting war---rational people have no choice but to leave or die---The Israeli who fled and returned after the shooting stopped was welcomed back---his counterpart Palestinian neighbor who returned found his land confiscated and he and his family were herded into refugee camps.

Bleat all you want but that is the shameful choice the nation of Israel made in 1948. They pay for that choice today.

But ask yourself---if you were Palestinian----how would you feel about that fine turn of events? Would you feel that stealing land on that basis is fair? Would you love and respect the nation of Israel?

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
To Lemon Law --- who is too thick to use the quote button.

Tell us, where did the Israelis fled to? Back to Europe? Other Arab countries? To the US who closed its borders?
If you had any clue you'd know about the Jewish Exodus.

As for their own self interests, those were shaped by calls by the Arabs for them to leave: they chose sides, and they paid for it.
If anything, the blame lies with the Arab countries -- too bad all they've done is keep them locked up in refugee camps as a way to motivate their own people.

Try to use the quote button in your next reply.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Israel is a waste of time. Modern day equivalent of the Crusades. The land will go back to Arabs eventually, it's demographically inevitable, plus the Arabs can afford to lose wars with Israel and come back to try again, while Israel doesn't have that luxury. So might as well have fun while it lasts, I guess.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Israel will become Muslim... the Arabs pop out more babies than the Jews.
Unless the Jews start kicking the Muslims out.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To dna,

Who thinks my big sin is in not using the quote button to bring up more extraneous garbage that isn't worth the time to rebut---reruns that were bad for the first time.

But this one sided crap that Israel is all sweetness and light and the arabs are all rotten is a wee might one sided. When truth be told, there is a lot of rotten stuff over the dam on both sides. Even though I do support Israel's right to exist, being in denial about things being a one way street makes any solution to the conflict totally impossible. Sorry my position is and remains, until some Israeli wrongs are redressed, Israel will know no peace. And a Israeli position of total selfishness will inevitable bring ruin and a policy of sharing is the only way to defuse the crisis.

If you choose to advocate that a peace process should be a one way street of Israeli dictation, do not be surprised to see the State of Israel get totally butchered at some point in the future. And do not expect me to be happy if it happens. But I do feel I have a better understanding of what will happen if the present course continues. Ignore my warnings if you want,
but historical forces always prevail in the end. Forcing both sides to extreme positions does not favor Israel in anything but the short term. And what cannot be shared may end up being not being enjoyed by either side.

Hate the message I bring if you want, I will not be an author of the message that will occur in the fullness of time.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: senseamp
Israel is a waste of time. Modern day equivalent of the Crusades. The land will go back to Arabs eventually, it's demographically inevitable, plus the Arabs can afford to lose wars with Israel and come back to try again, while Israel doesn't have that luxury. So might as well have fun while it lasts, I guess.

Well my general impression of Israelis is that they are not dumb people, most probably that's why they have the nukes for, to reset the population balance every time it works against them in the future ;)

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Well my general impression of Israelis is that they are not dumb people, most probably that's why they have the nukes for, to reset the population balance every time it works against them in the future ;)

What happens when the Arabs get the bomb?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003

end of the world

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Aimster

end of the world

Well, ... more or less.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To senseamp who asks----What happens when the Arabs get the bomb?

I ask do they per say need one? Given that rocket technology is becoming a tool for terrorists as well as general knowledge of chemical and biological weapons. The anger level is already there and terrorists are no respecters of any such international restrictions. How much longer will it be before that too comes to fruition? And the conventional wisdom of close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades may acquire new definitions given that the current generation of terrorists rockets are not very accurate.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The point is, I hope Israeli Jews have an evacuation plan. I don't think we can afford another Holocaust.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The point is, I hope Israeli Jews have an evacuation plan. I don't think we can afford another Holocaust.

There can be no evacuation plan---my thesis is and remains a defuse the tensions plans. Failing that jews and arabs will die in untold numbers if this ever happens. It won't be called a holocaust. It will just be an orgy of death because some set of idiots thinks its justified. Enough will survive on both sides to regret the folly

Its the nature of technology and can come from any direction.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
I also believe that Muslims will overtake them in the next 100 years. Its only a matter of time.