Israel tapping phones?

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This seems to be the latest "rumour" floating around some Arab boards that I read. I do NOT believe that it is true. Can you help me prove it wrong, or to my great surprise prove it to be true.

Note the Mossad Mexican story. Try a google search, it's out there but this is the first I had ever heard of it.

How Americans are blackmailed by Israel

Sunday, February 24 2002 @ 08:21 PM GMT

The following is an open letter written by an American to US President George W. Bush highlighting how Israel eavesdrops on every American ? right from an ordinary citizen to the president of the country, with a view to blackmailing them.

Dear Mr. President,

It seems you have been ignoring the discovery of the largest Israeli spy ring in North America, maybe because you are being blackmailed? The Israeli spy news story first broke regarding the existence of a system to tap into any phone in America built into the surveillance system used by law enforcement authorities. However after reporting it, Fox News spiked the story from its website. Several cases were cited where investigations ranging from drug running and money laundering to the events of Sept. 11 had been compromised by leaks from the company that operated the phone taps as well as phone data from an associated company that handles billing services for almost every phone in America.

The focus of the article was a single question: Could Israel be blackmailing the entire US government and media?

The answer is now obvious. Fox News, the so-called ?We report, you decide? all news network, has removed the four-part story from its website. No explanation is given except for the single Orwellian sentence at the end of one of the links, ?This story no longer exists?.

Over the past several weeks, bits and pieces of information have surfaced, and the time has come to connect all those pieces into a coherent whole. Israel, purportedly our friend, has been spying on all of us. And we?re not talking about individual spooks like Jonathan Pollard, or small-time networks such as the 140 Israelis arrested by the FBI prior to Sept. 11, or the 60 arrested since (including 5 arrested who were cheering and celebrating as the World Trade Center collapsed).

It turns out that Israel has had a potential wiretap on every phone in America for years, along with the ability to monitor and record who any person is calling, anywhere in America; information of great value even if one does not listen to the calls themselves. Amdocs, Inc., the company which subcontracts billing and directory services for phone companies around the world, including 90 percent of American phone companies, is owned by Israeli interests. Yet another company, Comverse Infosys, is suspected of having built a ?back door? into the equipment permanently installed into the phone system that allows instant eavesdropping by law enforcement agencies on any phone in America. This includes yours.

Concerns about allowing an Israeli company such intimate access to the infrastructure go back many years. As reported by Fox News, the Israeli company Amdocs was implicated in the leaking of police phone data that resulted in the collapse of an investigation into a massive drug and credit card fraud operation with Israeli connections.

In a telling repeat of the Los Angeles drug case, investigators looking into the attacks on the World Trade Center are again reporting that confidential telephone information is again being leaked in a manner that is interfering with the investigations. Again, Amdocs was implicated.

Not content with the phones of ordinary citizens in the United States, evidence has surfaced that Israel compromised the telephone systems at the highest levels of the US government.

Now, I want you all to stop and think for a minute of the full ramifications of this. Israeli interests have the ability to listen in on any phone in America connected to any of the systems used by Amdocs or Comverse Infosys. They have had this ability for several years. They can listen in and track the phone calls made by anyone?s phone, whether police officer, elected official, media talking head, editor, policy setter, news mogul, even the president of the United States.

The Ken Starr report on Whitewater describes how Bill Clinton warned Monica Lewinsky that a foreign government was tapping their phone calls.

Few indeed are the people in America who do not have something to hide. That insider trade, the brief but torrid affair, the stolen votes, the deliberate smear, the role one played in an assassination, the acceptance of money from drug runners to look the other way. Be honest. Is there a skeleton in your closet you hope will stay there? Something nobody knows about? Well, if that skeleton involved a phone call, someone may know about it. Amdocs and Comverse Infosys. And their Israeli owners.

Just think about it for a moment. Everyone?s private phone traffic, right up to the president, is potentially visible to Israeli interests. And you cannot find the phone taps or bugs because they are built right into the phone system!

Suddenly, a lot of events which have puzzled observers start to make sense.

Like the way the US vetoed the UN resolution calling for peace in Palestine, despite being the only 1 out of 15 voting nations to have voted against the measure. The US gained nothing by this veto. But Israel did.

Over the last few weeks, the people of the United States have seen a great deal of evidence pointing the finger of blame for Sept. 11 at Osama Bin Laden and Arabs in general, evidence which is circumstantial, often self-contradictory, and in some cases faked. Yet as was reported in the news, evidence also exists linking many of the arrested Israeli spies (some of whom worked for the Israeli telecom companies above) with the events of Sept. 11. Yet this evidence is not being broadcast endlessly on the news. In fact, this evidence is CLASSIFIED. Someone has persuaded the US government and the media that the American people are only supposed to see the evidence that points to a certain direction, and must never see any evidence that points someplace else. Likewise, the media have been ?persuaded? not to report evidence that Israel knew of the Sept. 11 attacks ahead of time. The foreign press has outright accused the Mossad of taking part in the Sept. 11 attacks but the American media have been ?persuaded? not to cover these accusations.

It was well known that there was an Israeli spy inside the Clinton White House. But Clinton ordered the FBI to cease searching for the mole, code-named ?Mega?. It is now known that ?Mega? was not just Mossad spy but top Mossad agent in America. The cancellation of the hunt for ?Mega? occurred at the same time Clinton warned Monica Lewinsky that their phone conversations were being recorded. This strongly suggests that Clinton was ?persuaded? to call off the FBI?s hunt for ?Mega? with the threat of a recorded phone ### session being made public.

Because of the purported links between Muslims and the attacks on the World Trade Center, the US government has been shutting down all Muslim-linked charities in the USA. But the chairman of the Jewish Defense League, a group with a violent history, was arrested recently in a plot to bomb a US congressman. Again the US government has been ?persuaded? not to take actions against Jewish charities, while the media have been ?persuaded? to allow the story of hard evidence of JDL terrorism to fade away as quickly as possible.

Two Mossad agents were arrested with dynamite inside the Mexican Congress. A Mexican newspaper carried the story of the arrested Mossad agents on front page.

The Mexican government was persuaded to release the two men without trial. Meanwhile, the American media were ?persuaded? not to report on the Mexican arrests.

Israel receives a hugely disproportionate share of foreign aid from the United States, about $5 billion a year. A large segment of the US population questions the sending of so much money to such a small population while so many people remain homeless on our own streets. But somehow, Congress is ?persuaded? to keep sending more cash each and every year.

Sharon faces war crimes trial. The American media are ?persuaded? not to make a big deal of the story.

Israel is in violation of the Geneva Accords. The American media are ?persuaded? not to make a big deal of that story.

The United Nations accuses Israel of using torture on children. The American media are ?persuaded? not to make a big deal of that story, either. How is such persuasion possible? Blackmail.

The revelation of an Israeli-linked system for monitoring and potentially listening in to the phone calls of every single person in the nation at will opens up the possibility that a massive blackmail operation, unprecedented in scale, is the real force shaping media bias and United States policy.

The reality is that this nation?s politicians and media leaders all have secrets to hide. Mistresses, drug habits, links to that airfield in Mena, Arkansas, BCCI cash sitting in that bank in Barbados, loot from ADFA in the Cayman?s; in a corrupt society only the corrupt can reach the heights of power, and they all have secrets to hide. They are all vulnerable to blackmail. And being the kind of people who were willing to, and usually did, anything to get power, they are also the people willing to do anything to keep it. Look the other way when the drugs come in, spike an embarrassing news story or plant a fake one that embarrasses your enemy, alter the books, destroy a report, falsify data, destroy evidence, maybe even allow the military might of the United States and the blood of her children to be tricked into fighting someone else?s war.

History has shown that if a crime is possible, it is also inevitable. The cold hard reality is that Amdocs and Comverse Infosys are the most powerful tools a blackmailer could ever hope for, opening up the private lives of everyone in the nation, including the secrets of targets able to control the media and US policy.

Dare we ignore this potential threat? Or will the media be ?persuaded? that all this fuss about Israeli-owned companies with wires into the phone system is just a lot of nonsense?

There is one more aspect to this issue that needs to be looked at. If indeed Israel is blackmailing our officials and media icons, it is because those who are being blackmailed are blackmailable. If we elect a government of criminals, we elect a government subject to blackmail. Finally, given the fact that blackmail may be assumed to be as widespread as the collection system itself is, those who persist in trying to defend Israel may no longer be assumed to be operating from the purest of motives. After all, who will defend a blackmailer more staunchly than those who are the blackmailer?s victims?

UPDATE: It has just been announced that Israeli ?spy-phone? company Comverse Infosys is now buying into the Instant Messaging business through Odigo, the largest Instant Messaging company.

Odigo, it should be remembered, is the Israeli-owned company whose employees received a two-hour advance warning to leave their offices on Sept. 11. Click for map showing location of Odigo offices relative to WTC.

From the Odigo web site.

Gabriel Matsliach, Ph. D, chief technology officer at Odigo, has overall responsibility for Odigo?s R&D activities. One of the founding members of Odigo, Dr. Matsliach holds a Ph.D in computer science from the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, and has over 12 years of experience in leading and managing software development projects. Previous to his position with Odigo, Dr. Matsliach worked at Amdocs, a leading telecommunication software company, where he led the development of cutting edge technologies and their deployment to mobile operators in Europe and North America. In 1998 he was awarded the ?Prime Minister?s Award for Software Development?.

Best Regards,

Alexander James

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Prove it wrong? Impossible. The author give absolutely no evidence of his claims, so there's nothing to refute. It's kind of like trying to prove those Nostradamus idiots wrong.

Is it true? I doubt it :) The US has a much greater ability to "blackmail" the nation of Israel, than Mossad would have with that system. I would think it's slighly within the realm of possibility that a capability like that could be built into our phone system, but do you really think the US gov't would allow it to continue once the blackmail starts? Mossad could threaten to release the sensitive info collected if the gov't were to try, but the US only needs to threaten to revoke support of Israel to counter it. Sure, there would be an enormous political backlash, but nowhere near the magnitude of what I'd expect if this story were true and the American public learned of it.

These conspiracy theories just keep getting better. In the past, they were usually somewhat reasonable (like Oliver "Pinko" Stone's take on the Kennedy assassination), but today's audience will suck up anything that's fed to them ;)

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
pssh.. if this was real, it would have been deleted by now by the mossad and their equally amazing banks of computers that do nothing but monitor the internet... unless that's what they want you to believe... :)

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I sent an e-mail to Fox News asking why the story was pulled, I'll post the reply if they send one.

Does anyone have any definitive info on the Mexican Mossad story? The only places I have found it I would not trust because of their apparent bias.

menderchuck

Banned
Feb 12, 2002

<< Does anyone have any definitive info on the Mexican Mossad story? >>

YES PLEASE, does anyone have any definitive info on the Mexican Mossad story?

It is INTRUIGING. WHOA... :confused:

Aug 10, 2001
Those transcripts aren't real, are they? If they never showed the four-part series, why does Brit Hume thank Carl Cameron at the end of each part? Something doesn't smell right.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Just my thoughts:

From what I understand, tapping telephone infrastructure in the USA and other countries isn't difficult.

However, the sheer magnitude of voice and data information coming through the COs, trunks and backbones in the USA would require enormous resources in order to sift through it.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Which as far as we know only the NSA has the resources to do it.

<< Just my thoughts:

From what I understand, tapping telephone infrastructure in the USA and other countries isn't difficult.

However, the sheer magnitude of voice and data information coming through the COs, trunks and backbones in the USA would require enormous resources in order to sift through it.
>>

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Very interesting. May or may not be true but definitely worth the read.

I looked a bit into the Mexico incident and apparently it is up on the Mexico Dept. of Justice's website:

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/cmsocial/bol01/oct/b69701.html

Systran translation page
http://www.systranlinks.com/systran/cgi

But to obscure the charges they are listed in penal codes. I've also heard from friends in mexico that this affair was all over Mexican newspapers when it happened but was never once reported on here, to my knowledge. Hmmm...

wolf550e

Golden Member
May 22, 2000
Bwahahaha!!! ROFL, this is so funny.

The IDF is working from day 1 on the assumption that the USA has the capability to tap into every phone in the country, including the so called "red" encrypted ones. The Mossad blackmailing US citizens, in the US? LOL. Year right, those Jews are taking over the world. No wait, they already took over the world and are controling it from their secret hideout in Holyywood, where they use the blood of innocent Christian children to perform horrible obscene religious rituals. Of course.

-Wolf550e

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

<< the single Orwellian sentence at the end of one of the links, ?This story no longer exists?. >>

any credibility i had in this writing has been lost.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
The Mossad? Common, they are good but they aren't good enough to get phone taps inserted in the US. The very idea is rediculous, it requires a court order or the resources of an agency like the NSA. None of the private companies are going to neglect to notice an illegal phone tap on their lines. Sure they could bug individual people but they don't have access to our infastructure.

The US on the other hand constructed the largest snooping system in the world. It's commonly referred to as Eschelon and is operated in the US, the UK and Australia. It has the ability to snoop every wireless communation in the world including sattelite com's and they undoubtably have inserted covert taps on select land lines. The NSA has also undoubtably hacked and inserted covert code into every satelite not in the control of the US government. The Mossad has nowhere near the resources of the US gov.

As a side note I've also never seen ANY credible report that any israelies were warned to not attend work in the WTC. From my point of view I consider that an Anti-semetic and biased report. It's so rediculous because Bin ladin admited on tape he did the WTC attack.

DDad

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I haven't read the particular story (nor did I read that whole post), but wasn't one of the things mentioned during the whole Lewinsky mess that Clinton had reason to believe that the Mossad had managed to penetrate the White House communication systems? Also, didn't Yeltsin claim to know about Lewinsky, alledgedly via the Isrealis?

While I think it's unlikely, will admit that its possible

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
As I stated before, I do not believe the major contention in that document. I am curious whether Fox ever had anything remotely like that article on their site. Fox has not responded to my query yet.

This article is so vague that it is dificult to refute. I also think it is dangerous to not refute it. If enough people read it without an opposing view then some will believe it. Those that do are the ones that can be lead into committing acts as of those of 11 Sept.. It doesn't matter if you believe it or not, it does matter that there are some that will.

The extremists are trying to use misinformation as a part of the war.

Mani,
Using the translation site, I only saw a reference to a "weapon calibrates 9 millimeters". I did not see any reference to any explosives.
"Mexico, D.F., to 12 of October of 2001 Bulletin no. 697/01

THE PGR INFORMS ON THE SITUATION INTO
SUBJECTS STOPPED IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

With respect to the situation of the 2 lengthy subjects the past Wednesday in the environs of the Legislative Palace of San Lazaro, the General Office of the judge advocate general of the Republic informs that the Israeli citizen Saer Ben-Zvi or Saar Noam Ben Zvi was put to disposition of the Court First of District " To " of Federal Penal Processes in the Federal District, whereas to the Mexican Salvador Gersson Smeck car of freedom with the reserves of the law were dictated to him, because were not elements for their consigment.

By virtue of which when it was stopped Gersson Smeck it carried a weapon calibrates 9 millimeters, it was in freedom with reserves of the law and Vista to the Secretariat of the National defense in relation to the permission of carrying of firearm occurred whereupon it counts.

The Israeli Ben Zvi was committed in the North, pending Manly Reclusorio of which its legal situation is solved to him, like probable person in charge of the commission of crimes of violation of the General Law of Population, anticipated and sanctioned by articles 123 and 143 of the General Law of Population, all in agreement with 6º. And 7º., fraction 1º, 8º. 9º and 13º, Fraction II of the Federal Penal Code, with which beginning occurs to the corresponding penal process. "

"Like the way the US vetoed the UN resolution calling for peace in Palestine, despite being the only 1 out of 15 voting nations to have voted against the measure."
Does anyone know what this is in reference to? I can't find anything that seems to fit.

"The United Nations accuses Israel of using torture on children."
Another one that I cannot find any reference to.