Israel 'satisfied' with Iran's rejection of West's demands

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4214015,00.html

Senior state officials were satisfied Sunday with Iran's rejection of Western proposals for the nuclear crisis. "As far as Israel is concerned, the Iranian response is good," one state official said. It has been estimated that this will force US President Barack Obama to toughen sanctions on the Islamic Republic.

seems like someone doesn't want peace. the demands were probably unrealistic to begin with. now Israel can claim victim when they bomb Iran. amirite?

May 11, 2008
What are the western proposals that Iran has rejected in detail ?

Any way, that is very bold remark from that official. Is it taken out of context or does the official suffer from narcissistic personality disorder ?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Netanyuhu is embarking on the fantasies of every world conqueror in history. He has had enough past successes to give him delusion of grander Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, various Ceasers, Napoleon, Hitler, Mousallini, and Imperial Japan. All had the same ambitions, and none succeeded. But still ole Bozo Netanyuhu is in a class all by himself.

Because Israel is a postage stamp sized country with a tiny populations, so Netanyuhu delusions vanish into reality the very moment major powers cease to support Netanyuhu delusions. All hat and no cattle. No more than an overgrown kindergarten bully, who tries to rely on his big brother to keep supporting his bully tactic.

Sadly once big brother says no, all netanyuhu is left with is the Samson option.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Israel feels that Iran should be allowed to have a small quantity to play with w/ to research.

The comments seem to be taken out of context from the other articles out there today

From one article:
Link

Iran has long insisted that its nuclear program is only for peaceful purposes while the U.S. and its supporters believe Iran would like to build a nuclear weapon. President Obama has repeatedly said that all options are on the table to deal with Iran while Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, who has been weighing a military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, said Sunday that he wants all Iranian uranium enrichment to stop and all its material removed.

However, in a contradictory statement, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Sunday that Iran could keep "a quantity of several hundred kilograms which would not allow for the continued enrichment for weapons or a nuclear facility."

Last edited:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
all netanyuhu is left with is the Samson option.
I don't think Israel will ever be destroyed. You seem quite optimistic that the rest of the world is going to reject Israel.
The comments seem to be taken out of context from the other articles out there today
I hope they are. It's so fucking ridiculous that so many Americans are so fucking protective of Arabs or Israelis.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Makes sense. Days before talks Iran decides to show they aren't interested in cooperation. Israel just needs to sit back and watch the Iranian leadership hang itself.

nonlnear

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2008
seems like someone doesn't want peace. the demands were probably unrealistic to begin with. now Israel can claim victim when they bomb Iran. amirite?
What makes you think Israel is going to bomb Iran? It doesn't make any sense.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
What makes you think Israel is going to bomb Iran? It doesn't make any sense.

Based on what we know you are correct. I believe that this reduces the likelihood of an imminent strike. The US has been sitting on Israel pretty hard, insisting that negotiations are the answer. Iran has given Obama a big FU, and israel is in effect saying to Obama "ok genius, you asked for this. Well watch you try to pull your fat out of the fire" with much amusement being had. Obama looks like a fool when this happens and he hates losing face. Could get interesting.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The point is and remains Iran has the right under the non nuclear proliferation treaty to enrich Uranium for electrical power generation. And Israel who already has nukes, never signed the non nuclear proliferation, and never worked with the IAEA is somehow listened to when they claim the sky is falling.

As Israel also demands Iran cease all Uranium enrichment, abandon their nuclear program just to keep Israel happy.

And if that is the outcome, what happens to the right of any nation to pursue a peaceful nuclear electrical program? Which is the current Israeli demand and only option offered to Iran.

And as Haybasusa points out, at least until the US elections of 11/2012, our President pees his pants over offending AIPAC and demands ever more severe sanctions on Iran, as various Nations like Turkey and China, and others, may pull the rug out on those sanctions.

But still my bad, I simply do not understand the mind of God who has decreed that 6.4 million Jews should rule the entire world. And if you do not believe me, just ask Netanyuhu.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
The point is and remains Iran has the right under the non nuclear proliferation treaty to enrich Uranium for electrical power generation. And Israel who already has nukes, never signed the non nuclear proliferation, and never worked with the IAEA is somehow listened to when they claim the sky is falling.

As Israel also demands Iran cease all Uranium enrichment, abandon their nuclear program just to keep Israel happy.

And if that is the outcome, what happens to the right of any nation to pursue a peaceful nuclear electrical program? Which is the current Israeli demand and only option offered to Iran.

And as Haybasusa points out, at least until the US elections of 11/2012, our President pees his pants over offending AIPAC and demands ever more severe sanctions on Iran, as various Nations like Turkey and China, and others, may pull the rug out on those sanctions.

But still my bad, I simply do not understand the mind of God who has decreed that 6.4 million Jews should rule the entire world. And if you do not believe me, just ask Netanyuhu.

Shhhh, dont mention that Israel has nukes, it makes them look like hypocrites.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007

Under Article 4 of the NNPT:

http://www.un.org/en/conf/npt/2005/npttreaty.html

Article IV

1. Nothing in this Treaty shall be interpreted as affecting the inalienable right of all the Parties to the Treaty to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes without discrimination and in conformity with Articles I and II of this Treaty.

2. All the Parties to the Treaty undertake to facilitate, and have the right to participate in, the fullest possible exchange of equipment, materials and scientific and technological information for the peaceful uses of nuclear energy. Parties to the Treaty in a position to do so shall also co-operate in contributing alone or together with other States or international organizations to the further development of the applications of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, especially in the territories of non-nuclear-weapon States Party to the Treaty, with due consideration for the needs of the developing areas of the world.

The US has an obligation it seems to help Iran (and any NNPT members for that matter) build peaceful nuclear facilities. loL.

Sep 12, 2004
The issue with Iran is not Article IV, it's Article III, of which they are not in compliance. If they would properly comply with Article III they could expect cooperation with Article IV. Until then...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Shhhh, dont mention that Israel has nukes, it makes them look like hypocrites.

that statement makes you look like you have no clue!!
Israel has nukes?? proof......
They probably do......but nobody in the Israeli government is bat shit crazy enough to use them or allow them to be used by terrorists.
Plus if Israel dopes have nuclear weapons they have not signed an agreement with the IAEA to allow inspectors in.....as opposed to Iran which did sign an agreement!

Yet the leadership in Iran has called for the removal of Israel from the face of the earth and they have stated they will support any terror organisation that targets Israel.....

A lot of differences..let say Israel does have nuclear wae\\eapons -- Israel will never use them unless it is as a last result in the event they are going to be annihilated.

Iran on the other hand has leaders that are bat shit crazy enough to use the weapons....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The US has an obligation it seems to help Iran (and any NNPT members for that matter) build peaceful nuclear facilities. loL.

Thats is not what it says at all......more spewing mis-information....

Article IV

1. Nothing in this Treaty shall be interpreted as affecting the inalienable right of all the Parties to the Treaty to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes without discrimination and in conformity with Articles I and II of this Treaty.

2. All the Parties to the Treaty undertake to facilitate, and have the right to participate in, the fullest possible exchange of equipment, materials and scientific and technological information for the peaceful uses of nuclear energy. Parties to the Treaty in a position to do so shall also co-operate in contributing alone or together with other States or international organizations to the further development of the applications of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, especially in the territories of non-nuclear-weapon States Party to the Treaty, with due consideration for the needs of the developing areas of the world.
Where does it say the United States has an obligation or for that matter any nation has the obligation to help??? It doesn`t....

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

No amount of repeating yourself will ever make yourself right. Get a life. I mean, have you not noticed that both (A) no one agrees with you, and (B) no one is persuaded by your arguments?

And who is this Netanyuhu you speak of? I am not familiar with this name.

Last edited:

cave_dweller

Mar 3, 2012
"Our policy on Iran has not changed ... We will follow the talks. The demands of Iran must be clear: to take away the enriched material, halt the enrichment and dismantle the facility in Qom."

Where did they say they are satisfied? Classic example of modern day journalism. Headlines attracts viewers so bend the story in anyway possible.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
I'm sure Israel would love for the US to get involved without having to drag us in after the fact... make them look less like villains.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I'm sure Israel would love for the US to get involved without having to drag us in after the fact... make them look less like villains.

If Israel attacks first then they become virtuous? I'll bet you'd say not. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I don't think Israel will ever be destroyed. You seem quite optimistic that the rest of the world is going to reject Israel.I hope they are. It's so fucking ridiculous that so many Americans are so fucking protective of Arabs or Israelis.

Eventually, the entire world will reject Israel and go to war against her. It was written about long ago. :)

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

You seem to think that a nation which does not sign a treaty should still be bound to the treaty as if they signed it. Why do you think this?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Prophecies are not proof nor facts. Just mere slander by some guy who had a lot of times.

Other than being a non-sensical statement (who had a lot of times?), your statement is not proof or fact, which means you are posting mere slander. I assume you have a lot of times.

You still like your statement? :)

cave_dweller

Mar 3, 2012
Under Article 4 of the NNPT:

http://www.un.org/en/conf/npt/2005/npttreaty.html

That is a treaty. It is not the NPT Safeguards Agreement and provisions of
the Security Council that was placed on Iran. With help they mean one of the consortiums to help Iran with uranium. Iran decided to skip that process and refuse it from Russia as well and decided to dig out and enrich their own. That mean there is no way to monitor if a country is breaking the treaty and making nuclear weapons. That is the big problem. All Irans secrecy .