Israel - Lebanon War Photography

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
rose.gif

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
Its glory is all moonshine; even success the most brilliant is over dead and mangled bodies, with the anguish and lamentations of distant families ... It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. ? William T. Sherman

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Pacemaker
Its glory is all moonshine; even success the most brilliant is over dead and mangled bodies, with the anguish and lamentations of distant families ... It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. ? William T. Sherman

aye...:(

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
The only things I abhore about war are death and the physical/mental destruction of humanity.

Beyond that they rock.

novon

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jjsole
The only things I abhore about war are death and the physical/mental destruction of humanity.

Beyond that they rock.

Okay :roll:

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
Originally posted by: novon

Beyond that they rock.

So basically you abhore 99.9% of war. I guess that's a start.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
It's unfortunate humanity has a predisposition to self-destruct.

If we survive through the next century without a civilization ending war, you can color me surprised.

Chances are one itchy trigger finger controlling an ICBM silo will trigger the deaths of billions of human lives.

We have been waging wars for as long as time, but only now (in this last century) have we invented weapons made solely for the purpose of destroying large population centers in a single mushroom cloud. The world has enough megatons of nuclear explosives to ensure the extinction of the species.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
It's unfortunate humanity has a predisposition to self-destruct.

If we survive through the next century without a civilization ending war, you can color me surprised.

Chances are one itchy trigger finger controlling an ICBM silo will trigger the deaths of billions of human lives.

We have been waging wars for as long as time, but only now (in this last century) have we invented weapons made solely for the purpose of destroying large population centers in a single mushroom cloud. The world has enough megatons of nuclear explosives to ensure the extinction of the species.

That, and large nations refuse to acknowledge that they are no longer nimble and resort to using these weapons because they feel that they "don't have any other choice."

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: novon

Beyond that they rock.

So basically you abhore 99.9% of war. I guess that's a start.

Thank you for the generous tender of your deductive reasoning skills. ;)

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Man what a mess this whole thing has turned into.

Hopefully it will resolve itself but I'm thinking not.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Those pics don't do it for me. Guess I have a cold black heart. Or maybe I've been over-exposed to and numbed by war and violence.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Chiller2
These the same pictures one of the big news orgs pulled for being chopped?

This collection of pictures, no....none yet anyway. There were questions about this picture being staged because the person lying down was shown moving up and around earlier in a NY Times photoslide and then was described as dead here. The NY Times has since edited the caption to read that this person was injured. Now nobody is sure if this guy was truly injured or not.

That's what happens after the staged pictures at Qana, the photochopped picture of Beirut burning, and some others that have been found.

novon

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't think these are photochopped, they are from professional journalists