Israel / Lebanon Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Farang
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
People who are critical of the killing of hundreds of innocents are now "Israel haters"? Any credibility your post had ended right there.
I would say those who are incapable of criticizing palestine at all (like dahunan) are Israel haters and probably anti-semetic. I would say the same is true of those who are incapable of criticizing palestine.

I would very much dispute that. The history of the creation of Israel leaves the door open for a lot of harsh criticism that has nothing to do with being an anti-Semite. There is one very defensible position that Jews had no business taking over Palestine, and from that position it becomes very difficult to criticize Palestinians.
Oh hogwash. The entire history of the world is based on displacing "natives", which in this case they have equal claim.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
People who are critical of the killing of hundreds of innocents are now "Israel haters"? Any credibility your post had ended right there.
I would say those who are incapable of criticizing palestine at all (like dahunan) are Israel haters and probably anti-semetic. I would say the same is true of those who are incapable of criticizing palestine.

I would very much dispute that. The history of the creation of Israel leaves the door open for a lot of harsh criticism that has nothing to do with being an anti-Semite. There is one very defensible position that Jews had no business taking over Palestine, and from that position it becomes very difficult to criticize Palestinians.
Oh hogwash. The entire history of the world is based on displacing "natives", which in this case they have equal claim.

The difference here is the events took place within a lifetime. If displaced Native Americans were still alive we would see them still fighting now (and in fact did during their time, until enough generations passed). Anyway I'm not trying to argue on way or the other I'm just saying there is a case to be made and a logical path to being very anti-Israel, so to accuse those that are of anti-antisemitism I think is unfair.

bdude

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2004

Hmm, illegal immigration ring a bell?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
This thread is a consolidation of thread related to that conflict.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477745,00.html

I'm googling now. Are Hezbollah and Hamas even aligned?

I have a feeling even if Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas fight Israel, they are going to get their asses handed to them. Even though it appears "militants" are shooting the rockets, we've already seen how Israel responded last time (similar to Gaza now). It doesn't seem like Israel is struggling with Hamas, just running through the motions of standard military attacks. I don't see how they couldn't just keep it up indefinately, or how Hamas or Hezbollah could sustain taking such damage indefinately.

Thoughts?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
Originally posted by: dahunan
Why are people who disapprove of the "we are civilized and morally superior" Israeli bombing campaign labeled as "Israeli Haters"??
Because he was raised to glorify Israel like a golden calf.

As you were raised to think everyone is created equal even those that would want nothing better than to see you dead?

You want to spout off stupid shit, it can be returned in kind.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: RichardE
Why are people who disapprove of the "we are civilized and morally superior" Israeli bombing campaign labeled as "Israeli Haters"??

As you were raised to think everyone is created equal even those that would want nothing better than to see you dead?

That's the problem with some libbies, they adhere to principals like "all are equal" to a fault.

Not point fingers at anybody, but if the county next to mine was filled with KKK and they were lobbing rockets into my county, I don't think "all are equal" would fit into my strategy of defense.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

Assume much

Anyhow ... I see Israel as the agressor and I also hold them to a much higher standard since they received the land for free anyhow.. and KNEW in advance that they would displace peoples who shared the same religious beliefs they did

You may see my rants as pro palestinian.. etc.. what I am trying to do is offset all those who think Israel never does anything wrong..and

I may even hate you people who think it is ok to kill innocents if they get one of their intended targets... I would want to kill you and your whole family if you killed my family who was innocent and labeled them "COLLATERAL DAMAGE"

How much money do you think Israel spends killing palestinians?? Maybe they could use that money instead to figure out why the Palestinians are so angry.. EL O EL ... They don't care.. as witnessed by many of their leaders who only want to remove the people from their lands.. just like us whities did to Native Americans.. MOVE THEM... into reservations ...

You are blinded by US Media... but you aren't brave enough to care
Be man enough to see if the data is correct before you whine about the source
http://www.rense.com/general44/sevenjewishamericans.htm
"Today, seven Jewish Americans run the vast majority of US television networks, the printed press, the Hollywood movie industry, the book publishing industry, and the recording industry. Most of these industries are bundled into huge media conglomerates run by the following seven individuals:

Gerald Levin, CEO and Director of AOL Time Warner

Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company

Edgar Bronfman, Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios

Sumner Redstone, Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc

Dennis Dammerman, Vice Chairman of General Electric

Peter Chernin, President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited

Those seven Jewish men collectively control ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, MTV, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, GRP Records, Rising Tide Records, Curb/Universal Records, and Interscope Records.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK
Originally posted by: RichardE

That's the problem with some libbies, they adhere to principals like "all are equal" to a fault.

Not point fingers at anybody, but if the county next to mine was filled with KKK and they were lobbing rockets into my county, I don't think "all are equal" would fit into my strategy of defense.

History shows that these people who are their neighbors got along with them before they one day said "this is our land and you must go"

One group wants World Domination also.. but you don't hear about it because they need to demonize the other group so as to take the heat off themselves