Israel kills five more Gaza militants; rockets hit Israel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If HAMAS declared they would end all violence, and then actually do it, you would see the world shift to supporting them. When they shoot anti-tank missiles at clearly marked school buses, it is hard for anyone to say they are the good guys.

Is this your way of saying "yes, you are right, but if I admit to it publically it will destroy my carefully crafted position that Jews are at fault for everything from the Black Plague to flouride in our drinking water"?

Nah, it's just your way of making assertions w/o any credible evidence, then wandering off into la-la land with vague smears & innuendo when somebody calls you on it.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Nah, it's just your way of making assertions w/o any credible evidence, then wandering off into la-la land with vague smears & innuendo when somebody calls you on it.

Seriously, you think that if HAMAS disavowed all violence, changed their Charter to say Israel has the right to exist, and started following Internationally expected behaviors, that the world would not start backing them?

Are you seriously saying that?

Because right now, much of the world lists HAMAS as a terrorist group and therefor cannot support them even if they agree with their sentiments.

So are you really saying that if HAMAS became peaceful, the world would not start supporting them?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
A question for you Jhhnn:

Is it OK for the UK to kill IRA Militants? After all, the UK is occupying the northern counties of Ireland.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Seriously, you think that if HAMAS disavowed all violence, changed their Charter to say Israel has the right to exist, and started following Internationally expected behaviors, that the world would not start backing them?

Are you seriously saying that?

Because right now, much of the world lists HAMAS as a terrorist group and therefor cannot support them even if they agree with their sentiments.

So are you really saying that if HAMAS became peaceful, the world would not start supporting them?

A question for you Jhhnn:

Is it OK for the UK to kill IRA Militants? After all, the UK is occupying the northern counties of Ireland.

Still duh-verting, still no linkage as to the original accusation, still claiming greater justification for the instigation of violence by Israel than by Pals...

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Still duh-verting, still no linkage as to the original accusation, still claiming greater justification for the instigation of violence by Israel than by Pals...

When you decide to answer the questions, I will start taking you seriously. Until then:

Is this your way of saying "yes, you are right, but if I admit to it publically it will destroy my carefully crafted position that Jews are at fault for everything from the Black Plague to flouride in our drinking water"?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
When you decide to answer the questions, I will start taking you seriously. Until then:

Now that you've trapped yourself, you're just going around in circles, using backhanded insults & innuendo as a mantra, an attempt to tar me with the brush of anti-semitism rather than address the obvious shortcomings of your claims. It's beneath contempt.

Obviously, I never said such a thing nor implied it to be true.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Obviously, I never said such a thing nor implied it to be true.

Now we are starting to make progress. Here are my two questions:

Do you believe that if HAMAS disavowed all violence, changed their Charter to say Israel has the right to exist, and started following Internationally expected behaviors, that the world would not start backing them?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Now we are starting to make progress. Here are my two questions:

Do you believe that if HAMAS disavowed all violence, changed their Charter to say Israel has the right to exist, and started following Internationally expected behaviors, that the world would not start backing them?

Round & round in circles... divert, deny & derail... over & over again, like a broken record.

May 11, 2008
Expect Iran to try to capitalize on this, oh and you-know-who too :D

I do expect that. War is always dirty. Keeping war friendly is similar as nagging each other until it gets filthy. And then the blame game starts again. With in the end, a dirty war.

Last edited:
May 11, 2008
I truly hope there will be no war in the ME (or in any other part of the globe). But some influential people in Iran are dead set for a confrontation. And there are influential people in Israel who are dead set for a confrontation as well.
This will not end good. Why ? i would say profit and the prospect of gaining power over people by abusing the faith and thereby misleading the people.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Round & round in circles... divert, deny & derail... over & over again, like a broken record.