Israel has a new Prime Minister

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
We knew it was coming, Olmert had already resigned as PM because he was dogged by corruption charges, and now Israel has that new leader who must now try to build a strong coalition after a narrower than expected victory.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200...WTUfbc2NFIC9QA_g2s0NUE

My only comment is, now Israel does have a chance to think about its policies regarding the Palestinian peace talks, it future policies with Iran as GWB sunsets, and a host of other issues. Its a time of opportunity and also a time of danger, but the elections are now over and now its time for her to try to govern and put forth an agenda.

Your guess is as good as mine.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Thank God that fool Olmert is gone.

Hopefully this one works more towards solidifying the borders and stop backing down ever time Palestine says "boo".

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I don't see any progress in the peace talks because of this.

There will be no peace until the Palestinian people rise up and demand peace. And right now they are not doing that.

Kuragami

Jun 20, 2008
If an Israeli leader would try to make amends with the Palestinians I have no doubt they would be gone shortly afterward. At least that has been the status quo up to this point. On one side you have the Right Wing intellectual, financial and former govern spy/military type leadership... on the other a former Mossad agent.

I don't know about you guys but I'm not holding my breath for Change(tm) in Middle East affairs.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Kuragami
If an Israeli leader would try to make amends with the Palestinians I have no doubt they would be gone shortly afterward. At least that has been the status quo up to this point. On one side you have the Right Wing intellectual, financial and former govern spy/military type leadership... on the other a former Mossad agent.

I don't know about you guys but I'm not holding my breath for Change(tm) in Middle East affairs.

All men who believe they are great believe they will be the one to solve this problem. Hubris abounds.