Israel eases Gaza blockade, enough or not?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Just more of the usual obfuscation by the Israelis.

If Hamas wanted to be firing rockets at the Israelis, they would be, given that they've had 3 years to replenish their supplies thru the tunnels to Egypt. They've apparently found ways to restrain their hotheads.

OTOH, people who don't have jobs have a lot of time on their hands to plot revenge against their oppressors, and lots of reasons when they can't even get lumber to rebuild what the Israelis blew up last time they attacked... when they can't get the stuff needed to rebuild the sections of their electrical generating system that the Israelis blew up, or the stuff to properly process sewage... more stuff that the Israelis blew up... can't get cans to process seasonal crops for later use... can't even leave if they want to, either...

Lots of other minor details, I'm sure...

Having the pals divided is obviously what the Israelis want. It's a great ploy to avoid actual negotiations.

If anything, the blockade has probably strengthened Hamas in Gaza, just as any sort of outside threat often strengthened weak or unpopular govts all through history...

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
lol, I love how you rationalize the loss of innocent life as "but it was just an annoyance" Yeah, you know John Wayne Gacy? He only raped and killed 33 people. Not a big figure in the long run. Why should we have cared about catching him? He was no threat to the country at large. :rolleyes:

But wait, IIRC Israel is just a state of Jewish Nazi SS Troopers to you. Literally. So in your mind I guess there are no innocent Israelis. The Irony of the situation being that the Palestinians had your attitude about innocent loss of life, they'd be less worried about inflicting it.

You should know better by now how he thinks about the Israeli's. He even admitted to being a member of Hezbollah:

in the case of Hezbollah, which can now boast, Israel will think long and hard before trying to invade Lebanon because we defend Lebanon.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Don't be an insincere liar, Sinsear. The hypothetical we I used referred to what Hezbollah can tell the Lebanese people, as for me, I am not a not a member of ANY mid-east group. I am an American with the same stake as anyone else, we need a just and Lasting mid-east peace and we are not advancing in that direction by any existing present status quo policies. But as an American, I just am not buying your version of revisionist history and thus come to different conclusions than you do.

The other thing to note, is the prior to the Israeli incursion into Lebanon circa 2005, Hezbollah popularity within Lebanon stood at around 25%, and part of the hoped for objectives of the Israeli incursion that same year is that Hezbollah and not Israel would catch the Lebanese people's blame in the incursion, and instead, Hezbollah popularity increased to 75% in Lebanese popularity polls.

And perhaps the most telling point to make is that Hezbollah did not come into existence until Israel took over the peace keeping occupation of Lebanon after their civil war. And Israel, given the opportunity to forge a friendship with the people of Lebanon, Instead administered their stewardship of Lebanon in a brutal and very inhumane way, and to fill the vacuum, the social wing of Hezbollah was soon up and running to provide self help for the Lebanese people. Their funding did come from Arab nations, especially Syria and Iran. But in terms of Hezbollah existing, Israel can only blame itself.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Don't be an insincere liar, Sinsear. The hypothetical we I used referred to what Hezbollah can tell the Lebanese people, as for me, I am not a not a member of ANY mid-east group. I am an American with the same stake as anyone else, we need a just and Lasting mid-east peace and we are not advancing in that direction by any existing present status quo policies. But as an American, I just am not buying your version of revisionist history and thus come to different conclusions than you do.

The only way a lasting a just peace will be reached is total annihilation of the savages that inhabit Gaza that you clearly align yourself with.