Israel Distances Itself From Muhammad Film; Actors say they were duped

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
http://abcnews.go.com/International...s-prophet-muhammad-film-17216586#.UFEUjVFvGmU

The Israeli government is distancing itself from a filmmaker whose movie ridiculing the Prophet Muhammad sparked a deadly riot at an American consulate in Libya, but says it will be "vigilant" at its diplomatic offices overseas.

The movie, "Innocence of Muslims," was produced by Sam Bacile, a 56-year-old California real estate developer who has said he's both Israeli and American. The film depicts Muhammad as a fraud, womanizer and madman.

Protesters offended by the movie stormed the U.S. consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi late Tuesday, killing the ambassador and three other Americans.

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said Wednesday the film "has nothing to do whatsoever with Israel." Still, he said Israel will "have to be vigilant."

He would not say whether any extra precautions were taken.
looks like a deliberate attempt to create more instability in the middle east. gee, i wonder who is going to benefit from that? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
Actors Say They Were Duped Into Working For Controversial Anti-Muslim Film

http://gawker.com/5942748/it-makes-...e-was-deceived-had-no-idea-it-was-about-islam

‘It Makes Me Sick’: Actress in Muhammed Movie Says She Was Deceived, Had No Idea It Was About Islam
The entire cast and crew are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer. We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose. We are shocked by the drastic re-writes of the script and lies that were told to all involved. We are deeply saddened by the tragedies that have occurred.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I read it:

Cindy Lee Garcia, an actress from Bakersfield, Calif., has a small role in the Muhammed movie as a woman whose young daughter is given to Muhammed to marry. But in a phone interview this afternoon, Garcia told us she had no idea she was participating in an offensive spoof on the life of Muhammed when she answered a casting call through an agency last summer and got the part.
The script she was given was titled simply Desert Warriors.
"It was going to be a film based on how things were 2,000 years ago," Garcia said. "It wasn't based on anything to do with religion, it was just on how things were run in Egypt. There wasn't anything about Muhammed or Muslims or anything."

She gives her daughter (in the film) to Muhammed but does not know the film had anything to do with Muhammed? I guess I should not be surprised at the idiocy of actors.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
How could they make a film about Islam without knowing it was about Islam?

Cindy Lee Garcia, an actress from Bakersfield, Calif., has a small role in the Muhammed movie as a woman whose young daughter is given to Muhammed to marry. But in a phone interview this afternoon, Garcia told us she had no idea she was participating in an offensive spoof on the life of Muhammed when she answered a casting call through an agency last summer and got the part.

The script she was given was titled simply Desert Warriors.
"It was going to be a film based on how things were 2,000 years ago," Garcia said. "It wasn't based on anything to do with religion, it was just on how things were run in Egypt. There wasn't anything about Muhammed or Muslims or anything."

Original casting call (from article)
NOW CASTING SAG and NON SAG ACTORS for "DESERT WARRIOR." Director Alan Roberts.
Historical desert drama set in Middle East. Indie Feature film shoots 18 days in L.A. in August. Studio and backlot locations.
Male Roles: DR. MATTHEW (Lead): Middle Eastern Pharmacist, 40-50, intelligent, family man; GEORGE (Lead); 40-50, Middle Eastern warrior leader, romantic, charismatic; YOUNG GEORGE (featured) 18-22; PRIEST (featured): 60-70, bearded; ABDO (featured), 60-70, Elder tribe leader; ISRAELI MEN 30-50 (featured); WARRIORS (featured) 18-50, Various Middle Eastern types, bearded.
Female Roles: CONDALISA (featured) 40, attractive, successful, strong willed; HILLARY (featured) 18 but must look younger, petite; innocent; YOUSTINA (featured) 16-18, Daughter of doctor; MIDDLE EASTERN WOMEN (Various Featured Roles) 18-40, attractive, exotic; OLDER WOMAN (featured) 60-70, feisty.
Please place Role desired in SUBJECT: line of email.
Indicate SAG or NON-SAG
Require phone contact for immediate interview in Beverly/LaCienega area.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Yes, casting call...then they read lines and filmed a movie. Did they call the guy Dr. Matthew in the movie, or Mohammed?

EDIT: Even if they called him Matthew, unless they are very unschooled in all things Islam, it should have been obvious the movie paralleled the life of Mohammed. Maybe I am just giving people more credit for understanding major world religions than they deserve.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
This is getting real weird. The timing of this video posting on youtube, an "american" movie made by Jews that no one heard of, The attacks looking planned to occur with these riots, and the bewildering Romney statement at 10:04 pm last night that he told reporters to hold till 12:01 since there was a Gentleman agreement to not attack on Sept 11th. Couldn't wait, told reporters at 10:24 to release it. All while the attacks were still taking place.

Something is Fishy, Whats up wit this http://i.imgur.com/VSjr6.jpg smirk

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Libs keep pretending it is a smirk (not saying you, but libs in general - apparently they fear Romney badly). Romney always looks that way. Look at a bunch of pictures of him and you will see.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Libs keep pretending it is a smirk (not saying you, but libs in general - apparently they fear Romney badly). Romney always looks that way. Look at a bunch of pictures of him and you will see.

Right, he always looks fake, forced, and Dickish. Not one bit saddened or angry or any other emotion that would be present after talking honestly at a press conference about Americans being attacked and killed over seas.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Yes, casting call...then they read lines and filmed a movie. Did they call the guy Dr. Matthew in the movie, or Mohammed?

EDIT: Even if they called him Matthew, unless they are very unschooled in all things Islam, it should have been obvious the movie paralleled the life of Mohammed. Maybe I am just giving people more credit for understanding major world religions than they deserve.

And yes, if they are average Americans, they are most likely unschooled in all things Islam.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

mitt-romney.gi.top.jpg

Mitt-Romney-241055-4-402.jpg

Romney_2012-06fc8.jpg

Romney-why_cant_he_win_delegates_s640x427.jpg

What? The pic was named Romney
But ya... I went through a lot of images and could not find an appropriate face
Probably because of all the botox

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I read it:

She gives her daughter (in the film) to Muhammed but does not know the film had anything to do with Muhammed? I guess I should not be surprised at the idiocy of actors.

Your continuing illiteracy is astonishing.

Muhammed wasn't even called Muhammed; he was "Master George," Garcia said. The word "Muhammed" was dubbed over in post-production, as were essentially all other offensive references to Islam and Muhammed.

For example, at 9:03 in the trailer, Garcia berates her husband, who wants to send their daughter to Muhammed: "Is your Muhammed a child molester?" she says in the final product. But the words are dubbed over what she actually said. The line in the script—and the line Garcia gave during filming—was, "is your God a child molester," Garcia told us today.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
I agree with you guys let's get rid of the 1st amendment.

Wrong thread, go crap somewhere else. this thread is about the Actors saying they were duped about some Interwebs video that was overdubed with some whacky anti Muslim language and a political robot that couldn't hold back his Glee because the moment of his death spiraling campaign being rescued was here.

He walks off stage with a "Nailed it" look on his face.

Romney's words were not for the world. It was for voters in America, particularly his base. It therefore prioritized political attack over diplomacy. When he had an opportunity for the world to see what he as an aspiring candidate for President would be like with foreign affairs, he chose not to be mindful of foreign affairs. These are not the makings of a statesman. He is a douche and this whole Muslim Film will come out to be a rouse, more than likely politically funded.

Last edited:

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
no party here bud. and for your information, speech in this country is now equal to money since money equates free speech. So tell me how is it free

Dimocratic party smash!

Is that why Obama is raising money instead of running the country?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
There is a certain logical dissconnect here, how can the the producers tell the actors the film is about the the zero BC history of Egypt, and then later bill the film as an accurate depiction of the life of Mohammed and Islam that did not come about until 650-700 years later.

There are just always certain social tabboos that have almost fatal and inevitable consequences if messed with. Would we in the USA accept females being forced to wear bukas or altenately being forced to go about topless. Or Jesus Christ being dipicted as a child molester.

As we in the USA and in many other places would go similarly ballistic with untold similar coaleral damage to innocent poeple.

Its just human nature and raw emotion that often overpowers reason. Its ever so easy to drum up war and violence but it NEVER leads to better outcomes.

GWestphal

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2009
the mohammed stuff is crap, but they can kill him for the terrible production value/dialogue/acting in that movie...holy crap

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'm sure the claims of the actors and participants has nothing to do with the murders, attempted murders and threats that are routinely made by radical Muslims against anyone who offends them ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(film_director)
Van Gogh worked with the Somali-born writer Ayaan Hirsi Ali to produce the film Submission, which criticized the treatment of women in Islam and aroused controversy among Muslims. On 2 November 2004 he was assassinated by Mohammed Bouyeri, a Dutch-Moroccan Muslim.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/09/cartoonist-murder-plot-se_n_491450.html

There's lots more if you feel like looking for them.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I'm sure the claims of the actors and participants has nothing to do with the murders, attempted murders and threats that are routinely made by radical Muslims against anyone who offends them ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(film_director)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/09/cartoonist-murder-plot-se_n_491450.html

There's lots more if you feel like looking for them.

I could spend some time and get you a nice list that proves Christians in the US would rather let their children die then seek medical help.

That they use rattlesnake bites to prove Jesus loves them

They come up with such quips as *God is white; God created the Jews and black people to test the faith and resolve of white people; thus, killing a Jew or black person is not a sin.*

David Koresh, Marshall Herff Applewhite, Jr, Jim Jones, Fred Phelps... all fine examples of American Christianity

Yup..would be pretty easy