Israel: Dimona Nuclear Facility

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
So what exactly is the point of this video? It's taking too long to load and, quite franky, I don't exactly see what this is supposed to show. That the Dimona Facility was used to make weapons? That they hid large sections of it to hide the weapon-producing areas? That Israel has, more or less, had nukes since the 60s?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: 5150Joker

I don't need to show you anything. I already told you I don't care about Israel or Iran (they can destroy each other for all it matters to me) - my post was directed towards your 180 in political stance. I hope you do realize how absurd your post was in claiming Israel woudln't retaliate with nuclear weapons against Tehran if it were nuked. I suppose the peace loving Israelis would instead send them missiles loaded with flowers and candy LMAO!! Good night.

Not all of israel is anti-muslim there are pro-palestine state jews there, matter of fact around half the country does not agree with the fundamentalist zionist whackos that run the show that keep pushing palestine and encouraging the settlers, just like people don't like bush and their warring fundaheadcases here. Wow, imagine that.

You do realize it is a modern country like here just with a different set of problems.

Siwy

Sep 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Meuge

Hahaha

I don't even need to disprove these points. First I'll give you 24 hours to figure out why you pwned yourself there.

How can you possibly disprove these points ~ I haven?t even provided examples and sources. But please, try to disprove at least one, maybe you can ready my mind after all. :confused:

So Aimster, I take it you do not want to play your $500 game :(

envy me

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Strk
So what exactly is the point of this video? It's taking too long to load and, quite franky, I don't exactly see what this is supposed to show. That the Dimona Facility was used to make weapons? That they hid large sections of it to hide the weapon-producing areas? That Israel has, more or less, had nukes since the 60s?

Struck a nerve did I....

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: envy me

Struck a nerve did I....

How? I know the background the the Dimona Facility. All I asked was what was the point of this? Everyone knows Israel has nukes and most believe they even have ICBMs (they've launched satellites heavy enough). I'm also aware they imprisoned Vanunu for nearly two decades (he is lucky he wasn't executed).

So I'm just not sure what a slowly loading video that has subtitles will suddenly enlighten me with.

envy me

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2005
Originally posted by: envy me

Struck a nerve did I....

How? I know the background the the Dimona Facility. All I asked was what was the point of this? Everyone knows Israel has nukes and most believe they even have ICBMs (they've launched satellites heavy enough). I'm also aware they imprisoned Vanunu for nearly two decades (he is lucky he wasn't executed).

So I'm just not sure what a slowly loading video that has subtitles will suddenly enlighten me with.

Well maybe others didn't know as much about this as you do.

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Siwy
Originally posted by: Aimster
ok fine,

Israel is out to nuke Iran.

As a smart Israeli once told me.. if Iran ever nukes Israel.. Israel will never nuke Iran back... at least not Tehran.

You want to think Israelis are evil you go ahead and believe so.
They are out to destroy all Muslims.

Happy?

Yeah Israel would get nuked and never nuke Tehran back. Keep believing that buddy..LOL. See my post above about denial and bliss.

If you can show me how Israel is a bad country I will paypal you $500.

Go on.

You can do it.

I?ll take you up on that.

But first we need to define what constitutes a bad country.

If a country had the following problems:

1. legal discrimination based on ethnicity
2. institutional discrimination based on ethnicity
3. societal discrimination based on ethnicity
4. serious abuses by security forces based on ethnicity
5. discrimination in personal and civil status matters based on religious affiliation
6. discrimination against women
7. commits war crimes (as per Geneva Conventions)

Would you consider the country to be good or bad?

That's Israel alright.

Meuge

Banned
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: MegaWorks
ok fine,

As a smart Israeli once told me.. if Iran ever nukes Israel.. Israel will never nuke Iran back... at least not Tehran.

Happy?

Yeah Israel would get nuked and never nuke Tehran back. Keep believing that buddy..LOL. See my post above about denial and bliss.

Go on.

You can do it.

5. discrimination in personal and civil status matters based on religious affiliation

That's Israel alright.
The funny thing is that no one has yet realized why that poster totally pwned themselves. But alas, it hasn't been 24 hours yet.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Steeplerot

I don't need to show you anything. I already told you I don't care about Israel or Iran (they can destroy each other for all it matters to me) - my post was directed towards your 180 in political stance. I hope you do realize how absurd your post was in claiming Israel woudln't retaliate with nuclear weapons against Tehran if it were nuked. I suppose the peace loving Israelis would instead send them missiles loaded with flowers and candy LMAO!! Good night.

Not all of israel is anti-muslim there are pro-palestine state jews there, matter of fact around half the country does not agree with the fundamentalist zionist whackos that run the show that keep pushing palestine and encouraging the settlers, just like people don't like bush and their warring fundaheadcases here. Wow, imagine that.

You do realize it is a modern country like here just with a different set of problems.

SteepleRot why don`t you tell people stuff thats they don`t know....duh..
I find funny and amusing that you would make such a brash statement.....
matter of fact around half the country does not agree with the fundamentalist zionist whackos that run the show

Duh that can be said about almost every country that elects there leader......rofl...so whats new?? hahaha...OMG...rofl....

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
ok fine,

Happy?

Go on.

You can do it.

care to go more into detail?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

7. commits war crimes (as per Geneva Conventions) Would you consider the country to be good or bad?

Those are all very vague and open to many interpretations....
If I may say so your interpretation will be slanted your way...

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
Israel has nukes? wow no way (turn on ur sarcasm meter). Dude everybody and their dog has known that like 20 years ago..

Siwy

Sep 13, 2002

Of course I will go into more detail; I will provide examples and reputable sources.

I work hard for my money ;)

But first I want to establish what you meant by a ?bad country?. If I can prove all of the above points, would you consider Israel to be bad?

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

The funny thing is that no one has yet realized why that poster totally pwned themselves. But alas, it hasn't been 24 hours yet.

I don't see how he got pwned?? Oh wait a minute aren't you that Israeli kid who gates pissed off if someone says bad about Israel? :roll:

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

I don't see how he got pwned?? Oh wait a minute aren't you that Israeli kid who gates pissed off if someone says bad about Israel? :roll:

He's the one who likes to call anyone who criticizes Israel anti-semitic, nazi sympathizer, Holocaust denier... whatever sensational title he can come up with to try and provoke a defense from the person he is arguing with to detract from the original criticism.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

Of course I will go into more detail; I will provide examples and reputable sources.

I work hard for my money ;)

But first I want to establish what you meant by a ?bad country?. If I can prove all of the above points, would you consider Israel to be bad?

Don't bother, apparently Aimster thinks it's OK to occupy a people and oppress them with checkpoints, curfews, bombings which conveniently result in collateral damage or are against targets which Israel deems are "terrorist" without any trial, etc...

Anything you say will just be ignored or denied.

His little bet is a farce. It's like saying I'll give you $500 if you can convince me that guns are bad, while I'm a strong gun supporter, own guns, hold a job in a gun factory and a wife and friends who are such strong gun supporters that they'd call me a traitor and leave me if I ever said anything bad about guns. Oh and I have mountains of pro-gun literature and propaganda to spin whatever you say. (as a hypotethical example)

edit: which brings me to a theory: I think I know why Aimster has pulled a 180 on this board in reference to Israeli politics... it's a woman! I think he found a really cute Israeli girl and is in the process of trying to win her heart, but she is extremely right-wing so if he does not suddenly act gung-ho about Israeli policies he will get dumped! :D

Meuge

Banned
Nov 27, 2005

Well, it's been 24 hours, and no one on your side of this discussion had the common sense to figure it out, so I will explain.

Under his definition of a "bad" country, 90% of the countries in the world are "bad"... hence the idiocy of the argument.

Siwy

Sep 13, 2002

Well, it's been 24 hours, and no one on your side of this discussion had the common sense to figure it out, so I will explain.
OMG HAHAHA LOL ROFL AHHAHAH You soooo pwned me. I think I will just hide in my little corner here and weep.

Under his definition of a "bad" country, 90% of the countries in the world are "bad"... hence the idiocy of the argument.

That?s exactly what I?m trying to prove ~ that Israel belongs to that 90% (or whatever the true number is, since I think you just pulled that number out of your a$$)

Anyway, you?re a totally clueless dolt. Your last 4 replies or so to my posts in various threads have been nothing but a pointless drivel. Go away to your troll cave unless you have an argument or something to contribute.