Israel army chief: Other nations could strike Iran

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Then you should have no problem backing that up
It's the same as saying the US never had a problem with China or Russia having bombs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_Israel#Policy

So who is having problems with Israel having nuclear weapons?
What you posted is old and outdated and quite honestly does not apply to the CURRENT situation.......sorry strike 3....

Same document-- Israel is widely believed to possess nuclear weapons[5][6] and to be the sixth country in the world to develop them.[7] It is one of four nuclear-armed countries not recognized as a Nuclear Weapons State by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), the others being India, Pakistan and North Korea.[8] Israel maintains a policy known as "nuclear ambiguity" (also known as "nuclear opacity").[9][10] Israel has never officially admitted to having nuclear weapons, instead repeating over the years that it would not be the first country to "introduce" nuclear weapons to the Middle East, leaving ambiguity as to whether it means it will not create, will not disclose, will not make first use of the weapons or possibly some other interpretation of the phrase.[11] The "not be the first" formulation goes back to before March 11, 1965, when a cable from the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv to Washington noted "The Government of Israel has reaffirmed that Israel will not be the first to introduce nuclear weapons into the Arab-Israel area."[12] Israel has refused to sign the NPT despite international pressure to do so, and has stated that signing the NPT would be contrary to its national security interests.[13]

Israel started investigating the nuclear field soon after its founding in 1948 and with French support secretly began building a nuclear reactor and reprocessing plant in the late 1950s. Although Israel first built a nuclear weapon in the late 1960s, it was not publicly confirmed from the inside until Mordechai Vanunu, a former Israeli nuclear technician, revealed details of the program to the British press in 1986.

Israel is currently believed to possess between 75 and 400 nuclear warheads with the ability to deliver them by intercontinental ballistic missile, aircraft, and submarine.[2]

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It's just as likely SA would blow the Israeli planes out of the sky and go lololol

Umm no---you would be surprised at those who outwardly condemn Israel yet under the table support Israel....
SA has already stated they would allow Israel to use their airspace....
Personally nobody in the middle east has the capability to shoot down any Israeli fighter plane if Israel chooses to use airspace uninvited....

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Umm no---you would be surprised at those who outwardly condemn Israel yet under the table support Israel....

Maybe I would, but I don't post on things on wild guesses
Are you saying you know some super secrets from your 6 years in US intelligence?

Personally nobody in the middle east has the capability to shoot down any Israeli fighter plane if Israel chooses to use airspace uninvited....

ohhhh

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Really?
I'm pretty sure all nations are very worried about Israeli nukes.
It's probably the biggest reason the US pours money into Iron Dome etc
Do you come to that conclusion because they are focused right now on another nation not acquiring them?

There aren't many articles regarding them. US, Russia, China, France, GB, Israel etc have weapons which have incredible destructive power and that they exist is an issue in it's own right, but you'd be hard pressed to find a western power who believes that Israel is about to blow them up. The major concern is if they are threatened with extinction then they can come into play. First strike? Not really.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Are you saying you know some super secrets from your 6 years in US intelligence?

I am saying that you would genuinely be surprised......especially given the fact that Iran is hated more than Israel.....

Don`t sound so amazed...it really is not a novel concept...,....

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I am saying that you would genuinely be surprised......especially given the fact that Iran is hated more than Israel.....

Don`t sound so amazed...it really is not a novel concept...,....

I think you like to use your personal *feelings* as facts.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I think you like to use your personal *feelings* as facts.

Iran has not played nice with their neighbors, and there are regional powers who would like their leaders gone. Iran has been the major destabilizing influence via terrorism, and not many care for them. Does that mean all love for Israel? Not at all. They are seen as a lesser concern, not best friends for life.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Iran has not played nice with their neighbors, and there are regional powers who would like their leaders gone. Iran has been the major destabilizing influence via terrorism, and not many care for them. Does that mean all love for Israel? Not at all. They are seen as a lesser concern, not best friends for life.

I'm pretty sure the most destabilizing influence in the Middle East has been the US
Somehow though, I'm going to guess you see that as a less concern then those in the Middle East do ;)

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
SA has already stated they would allow Israel to use their airspace....

Not really accurate in either regard.

Sources allege that KSA would grant transit across their airspace, usually Israeli sources or sources who openly support Israel. You present rumor as fact, which is unsurprising.

Both the KSA & Jordan have very much the same American made aircraft & weaponry as Israel, along with American trained pilots & ground crews. Given that modern Israeli "experience" has to do with bombing targets that can't effectively resist, they have little to no advantage of experience. When was the last time they engaged in air to air combat, anyway?

Israel also suffers the distinct disadvantage of supporting refueling tankers, which are the point of greatest vulnerability in any scheme to bomb Iran. Bring down those slow moving craft, and defenders could then lay back, wait for Israeli aircraft to glide to earth...

Both the Turkish and Egyptian air forces are relatively capable & well armed, too, and their sitting on the sidelines is not a given...

But go ahead, engage in the usual chest thumping & bluster.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Not really accurate in either regard.

Totally accurate!! Thats the bottom line!! Using words such as alleged....and very much the same lend nothing to the fact that you deal in mis-information....

Then we have the great question...who has the better pilots?? Hands down niether Jordan or KSA......don`t even think that Israel does not have far superior pilots...more experienced and far better. Why? Because they are trained to understand that every time they fly their nations security and perhaps even existence is at stake. But you would deny that is not a reason for excellence of execution...

Sabre rattling..umm no...just facts that you fail to understand.....

Also go ahead and believe that Israel has not figured out a way around what you call a disadvantage of supporting refueling.......

You actually believe the mis-information that you provide???

hmmmm

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I'm pretty sure the most destabilizing influence in the Middle East has been the US
Somehow though, I'm going to guess you see that as a less concern then those in the Middle East do ;)

Don't get cute :p

Admittedly we get our hands in too many things we should not. The worst catalyst for the downfall of the ME was not Israel but Churchill's drive to protect BP which resulted in our Operation Ajax. Later, the stupid Iraq war and the Axis speech put the nail in the coffin. Nevertheless, I was thinking regionally. Iran would be todays fly in the ointment. The US is just stuck and trying to figure how to get the crap off of us yet again.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Totally accurate!! Thats the bottom line!! Using words such as alleged....and very much the same lend nothing to the fact that you deal in mis-information....

Then we have the great question...who has the better pilots?? Hands down niether Jordan or KSA......don`t even think that Israel does not have far superior pilots...more experienced and far better. Why? Because they are trained to understand that every time they fly their nations security and perhaps even existence is at stake. But you would deny that is not a reason for excellence of execution...

Also go ahead and believe that Israel has not figured out a way around what you call a disadvantage of supporting refueling.......

hmmmm

Quote your sources wrt KSA, then, Jedi...

And thump your chest as you claim Israel would suffer zero losses from any engagement...

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Why? Because they are trained to understand that every time they fly their nations security and perhaps even existence is at stake. But you would deny that is not a reason for excellence of execution...

According to your logic, Palestinians are going to end up kicking Israel ass.
So really, why even worry about Iran.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Jedi
You did not serve with Military Intelligence
You do not make a good living singing in Catholic choirs
You have not been posting from Israel for six months out of every year for the last 7 years you have been posting here
I think you would best serve Israel by seeing someone with Mental Health
Shalom

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Jedi
You did not serve with Military Intelligence --isn`t that an oxymoron????
You do not make a good living singing in Catholic choirs
You have not been posting from Israel for six months out of every year for the last 7 years you have been posting here
I think you would best serve Israel by seeing someone with Mental Health
Shalom

Since you can`t dispute what I am saying you have to resort to belittling me.......Sorry to disappoint but perhaps you are the one who needs to start ypur meds again.

Shalom!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
According to your logic, Palestinians are going to end up kicking Israel ass.
So really, why even worry about Iran.

Of course you can say anything you want about the Palestinians kicking ass someday....
But the Palestinians just are not the israeli`s and quite frankly never will be. Hell they are barely united enough to decide which nostril to pick the buger out of....let alone run a country.....

Yet as long as the Palestinians are their own worse enemy that will never ever happen.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Since you can`t dispute what I am saying you have to resort to belittling me.......Sorry to disappoint but perhaps you are the one who needs to start ypur meds again.

Shalom!!

Ya, I'm just another retard on the internet.
But it would not hurt to see someone would it?
Sometimes it takes another person to point things out, to sort of get the juices flowing

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Again you like to turn things around...but that`s the most absurd assumption you have ever made. I will grant you this -- nice try at turning things around....again total fail.

Of course you can say anything you want about the Palestinians kicking ass someday....
But the Palestinians just are not the israeli`s and quite frankly never will be. Hell they are barely united enough to decide which nostril to pick the buger out of....let alone run a country.....

Yet as long as the Palestinians are their own worse enemy that will never ever happen.

See, if you really lived in Israel for 6 months every year, you would know there is as much unity there as there is in the States.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
See, if you really lived in Israel for 6 months every year, you would know there is as much unity there as there is in the States.

Most of the people I am friends with are very pro-Israel.
I do know that in America the word 'Patriotism" has almost lost its meaning.

That is not true in any form or manner in Israel.

Yet at the same time there are many differing opinions on what is the correct thing to do concerning Iran and the Palestinians.

Yet the bottom line is for the most part we want the Palestinains to have a state of their own.
But even those of us who want the Palestinians to have a stat, we are also concerned about our own security.

Bottom line where my son lives and where I have a flat there is tons more unity than in the United States.

With that said.....Shalom!

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Bottom line where my son lives and where I have a flat there is tons more unity than in the United States.

My first thought was Orthodox, but then that doesn't jive with your son being military
Best bet is Settlers which makes total sense with a lot of your posts, except no way in hell would you of been allowed into US Mil Intel
Ya, like I said, so much makes no sense

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
It's the same as saying the US never had a problem with China or Russia having bombs

That is one of the most silly things I have ever seen you type out. Russia and China have been enemies of the US, Israel has never been the enemy of the US.

We are as worried about Israeli Nukes (if they exist) as we are about English Nukes.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
That is one of the most silly things I have ever seen you type out. Russia and China have been enemies of the US, Israel has never been the enemy of the US.

We are as worried about Israeli Nukes (if they exist) as we are about English Nukes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With friends like Israel we don't need enemies.

As a US blank check we write to Israel is going to become ever more expensive to US international relations. As the behavior of the Israeli government becomes ever more repugnant.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com

hmmmm

Why do you guys take this guy seriously? He's an all pro-Israel propaganda troll.

Last edited: