Israel accused of spying on the White House

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Developing story—not fully verified yet. According to some reports, Bolton became aware of this and informed POTUS before being pushed out?

Of course this comes out just as Netanyahu is set to visit Putin.

Israel is likely to have planted mobile phone spying devices near the White House and other sensitive locations in the US capital over the past two years, according to a report from Politico that cited three former US officials.

The miniature surveillance devices mimic telecommunications towers to gather information, including the contents of phone calls. The US government concluded Israeli operatives were most likely to have put them in place to spy on Donald Trumpand his associates, the news website reported.

The Guardian was unable to immediately verify the report, which has emerged as Netanyahu fights for political survival before elections next week.

It said the FBI and other agencies used detailed forensic analysis of the devices, known as StingRays, to link them to Israeli agents. “It was pretty clear that the Israelis were responsible,” a former senior intelligence official was quoted as saying.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
Is Trump still using that unsecured phone he didn't want to give up when he took office?

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
aaand.... nothing will happen. The Lobby will ensure its swept under the rug. MSM will play it down and business as usual. This is nothing compared to what Israel has gotten away with in the past, incl the sinking of the USS Liberty back in 67.

Reactions: brandonbull

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
aaand.... nothing will happen. The Lobby will ensure its swept under the rug. MSM will play it down and business as usual. This is nothing compared to what Israel has gotten away with in the past, incl the sinking of the USS Liberty back in 67.

it will be labeled anti-semitic by #MoscowMitch and the GOFascistP to mention anything about, much less criticize, Israel for spying on Dildo Puppet Trump, at the likely behest of US President Vladimir Putin.

Trump by the end of the day: "I spoke with my best friend Netanyahu, he assured me none of that is true, and so I believe him."

lol that none of that is hyperbole in the real word today. :(

Mar 11, 2004
Bet this isn't the first time they've tried this shit either. Just watch, we'll find out that they used Republicans to try and sneak something like that in so they could find out what Obama was doing.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
I dont follow Hillary on twitter but I dove into that post. It's amazing how hypocritical the Trump fanatics can be.
I was thinking the same thing. I can't even comprehend how they can ignore a behavior by "their team" while being totally outraged by much less egregious actions of others. Definitely part of their personality that drives them to extreme conservatism.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
It's no surprise countries have spies and if we really looked into it we'd probably find that most countries even spy on their allied nations.
If I recall there was a few years old story about the U.S. tapping Germany PM's Angela Merkel's phone.
Spy agencies spying on whomever just a fact of life at this point I believe. Justified or not...

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
It's no surprise countries have spies and if we really looked into it we'd probably find that most countries even spy on their allied nations.
If I recall there was a few years old story about the U.S. tapping Germany PM's Angela Merkel's phone.
Spy agencies spying on whomever just a fact of life at this point I believe. Justified or not...

I think it's pretty bold to install hardware in the White House. But the real issue here, as mentioned, is Trump's insistence on using an unsecured device. If this story doesn't demonstrate concretely that Trump is a clear and present danger, what else could. I mean, seriously. Someone please try and defend Trump here. Try and argue that he should remain President when solely looking at him refusing to utilize security that prevents foreign governments from accessing the business of President of the United States because he didn't want to. I need a good laugh.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If I was a foreign power I would definitely spy on present day America....what with that looney guy in the white house!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Whatever Israel does to us is nothing compared to what Trump is doing to us. He's totally focused on saving his own skin and will not care what happens to anyone else, including every single person living and breathing on this earth, well, he might care about his financier and benefactor Putin but that's about it.

And let's not forget those millions upon millions of folks that he doesn't give a shit about also includes his own supporters who actually think he cares about them. Fools the lot of them. They give him their unquestioning loyalty and all he gives them in return is the flying finger of fvck y'all fakery and falsehoods.

In Trump's eyes, Israel is just another dupe that he can, in one way or another, make a profit from. The world is his for the raping what with his being the most powerful man that Putin ever owned and some folks from the the USA thought it was somehow a good idea to let him do it.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Whatever Israel does to us is nothing compared to what Trump is doing to us. He's totally focused on saving his own skin and will not care what happens to anyone else, including every single person living and breathing on this earth, well, he might care about his financier and benefactor Putin but that's about it.

And let's not forget those millions upon millions of folks that he doesn't give a shit about also includes his own supporters who actually think he cares about them. Fools the lot of them. They give him their unquestioning loyalty and all he gives them in return is the flying finger of fvck y'all fakery and falsehoods.

In Trump's eyes, Israel is just another dupe that he can, in one way or another, make a profit from. The world is his for the raping what with his being the most powerful man that Putin ever owned and some folks from the the USA thought it was somehow a good idea to let him do it.
I totally agree!! th3UWB22U6.jpg

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Spying or one of Drumpfs "backchannels"... Lets not forget Trump is on the verge of war with Iran on Israels bidding.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Developing story—not fully verified yet. According to some reports, Bolton became aware of this and informed POTUS before being pushed out?

Of course this comes out just as Netanyahu is set to visit Putin.

Israel is likely to have planted mobile phone spying devices near the White House and other sensitive locations in the US capital over the past two years, according to a report from Politico that cited three former US officials.

The miniature surveillance devices mimic telecommunications towers to gather information, including the contents of phone calls. The US government concluded Israeli operatives were most likely to have put them in place to spy on Donald Trumpand his associates, the news website reported.

The Guardian was unable to immediately verify the report, which has emerged as Netanyahu fights for political survival before elections next week.

It said the FBI and other agencies used detailed forensic analysis of the devices, known as StingRays, to link them to Israeli agents. “It was pretty clear that the Israelis were responsible,” a former senior intelligence official was quoted as saying.

This has been going on since the Sixties, why is it news now?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I think it's pretty bold to install hardware in the White House. But the real issue here, as mentioned, is Trump's insistence on using an unsecured device. If this story doesn't demonstrate concretely that Trump is a clear and present danger, what else could. I mean, seriously. Someone please try and defend Trump here. Try and argue that he should remain President when solely looking at him refusing to utilize security that prevents foreign governments from accessing the business of President of the United States because he didn't want to. I need a good laugh.

Not in but near.

Everyone spies on everyone because nations aren't friends. They may have common interests but they are always motivated by self interests. You can bet we do the same with anyone we are interested in as do other nations and so this is business as usual. You are spot on that Trump makes this easy for others with his unsecured phone and distrust of our own agencies, making us more vulnerable than need be.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Try and argue that he should remain President when solely looking at him refusing to utilize security that prevents foreign governments from accessing the business of President of the United States because he didn't want to. I need a good laugh.

Why would I argue that Trump should stay in the White House (to put it another way WTF did you get the idea that I'm a defender of Cheeto "I like committing High Crimes and Misdemeanors" Trump?)... I'm still pissed that the centrist candidate who easily should have won against him in 2016 managed to whiff on what should have been an easy home run for her.

Trump is a disaster. but that doesn't change my central point...
Even friendly countries spy on each other. Why don't you make me laugh and argue that they have no interest in doing so?