Israel accused of spying on the White House

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Why would I argue that Trump should stay in the White House (to put it another way WTF did you get the idea that I'm a defender of Cheeto "I like committing High Crimes and Misdemeanors" Trump?)... I'm still pissed that the centrist candidate who easily should have won against him in 2016 managed to whiff on what should have been an easy home run for her.

Trump is a disaster. but that doesn't change my central point...
Even friendly countries spy on each other. Why don't you make me laugh and argue that they have no interest in doing so?

While I quoted your post to reply to a portion on that, the ask to defend Trump was not directed at you. Not sure how you got that confused because I said "someone please try to" and you modified your quoting of me as if I gave you specifically a directive. I don't have doubts where you stand.

Mar 11, 2004
Whatever Israel does to us is nothing compared to what Trump is doing to us. He's totally focused on saving his own skin and will not care what happens to anyone else, including every single person living and breathing on this earth, well, he might care about his financier and benefactor Putin but that's about it.

And let's not forget those millions upon millions of folks that he doesn't give a shit about also includes his own supporters who actually think he cares about them. Fools the lot of them. They give him their unquestioning loyalty and all he gives them in return is the flying finger of fvck y'all fakery and falsehoods.

In Trump's eyes, Israel is just another dupe that he can, in one way or another, make a profit from. The world is his for the raping what with his being the most powerful man that Putin ever owned and some folks from the the USA thought it was somehow a good idea to let him do it.

Your thinking is fucked up and backwards. Turmp thinks just of himself, certainly. The problem is, he's a fucking moron who is manipulated pretty easily because he likes to think he has the upper hand when he basically doesn't and is just going to resort to criminal behavior to "win". Israel gaining advantage that they can use to manipulate him (either directly by say threatening to release damning evidence of his wrongdoing for instance, or indirectly - using the information gained to approach him with ideas to manipulate him or sway his opinion where they can play stupid and go "oh you were thinking about that already? See you're so smart, and look we agree with you, great minds think alike!" And then Turmp will claim how people support whatever dumbass shit he's planning), makes him more easily corrupted. In other words, this makes the shit you're angry at Turmp about, worse.

This has been going on since the Sixties, why is it news now?

Whomever told you there are no stupid questions lied to you. If you can't understand then either you didn't bother to try and inform yourself of why, or you're being intentionally stupid for the sake of playing a complete dumbfuck. So which is it, you're just innocently ignorant and want us to know, or you're intentionally stupid and expect us to shower you with praise for being so like you're a modern day Republican that wants recognition and adulation for being a consummate moron on any given topic?

Jul 9, 2009
Amazing how fast "being accused" becomes "found guilty with no evidence, no proof and no trial" with our usual leftist suspects.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Amazing how fast "being accused" becomes "found guilty with no evidence, no proof and no trial" with our usual leftist suspects.
If that is truly the case why are you not dead and buried?

Useless rhetoric by the Trumpers thinking that they're some how under assault.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Not sure how far back peoples memory goes, but Jonathan Pollards case involved passing on highly classified documents involving the U.S. most secret defense plans vs the Soviet Union, to Israel, who then passed them on to the Soviets in exchange for the release of Soviet Jews to emigrate to Israel. The damage done was so immense it beggars belief:

According to another retired station chief, in 1985, a month after Pollard's arrest, the CIA director William Casey complained: 'The Israelis used Pollard to obtain our attack plan against the USSR - all of it. The co-ordinates, the firing locations, the sequences. And for guess who? The Soviets.' The magazine also reported that intelligence officers claimed that Pollard had also handed over reams of reports sent by US military attaches in the Middle East, identifying informers, and a 10-volume surveillance manual, which was known as 'the Bible' because it held detailed information on the radio frequencies being tapped by the US.

According to the New Yorker, the intelligence leaks were intended to counter claims by Israel and US Jewish groups that Pollard was an ideologically-motivated spy who was trying to help Israel without harming the US....

Reactions: DarthKyrie

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Funny. Where is the proof and trial that Iran was behind the drone attack in Saudi Arabia?

But I'm not seeing much discussion here focused on Israel and in fact nothing that is advocating any specific action as a result. No one is suggesting here we jump the gun here.

But what is also undeniable is that if Israel did not install these devices, someone did. And Trump has openly refused to use a secured cellular device. Now we have explicit proof that this is a real active security vulnerability. Caring about that does not depend at all on who the someone is.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Amazing how fast "unseen but assumed brown person at the border" becomes "a likely baby worth grenading" with our usual tajjy suspect.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
It wasn't that long ago that one of those whistleblowers were saying that we were spying on our own allies. Also, those devices that isreal used are similar to the stingrays our own gov't uses to spy on its own citizens. Like the fake cell towers and devices mounted on small planes to scoop up cell conversations.