Islamic State Leader Killed in Syria Raid by U.S. Forces

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
It's all good Earl, they got a treasure trove of data via computers and cell phones. They also captured his wife.

I was kind of wondering about that. Does being the wife of an asshole make you an enemy? Especially considering that Muslim women, at least the brand they practice, are treated pretty much like property.

I'm sure she has some intelligence value, I'm just wondering about the ethics.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I was kind of wondering about that. Does being the wife of an asshole make you an enemy? Especially considering that Muslim women, at least the brand they practice, are treated pretty much like property.

I'm sure she has some intelligence value, I'm just wondering about the ethics.

She's reportedly heavily involved in operations, specifically ISIS's sex/slave trade.

Fern

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
Obama's bin Laden scam gets exposed by Sy Hersh and "Voila" Obama sketches up a raid on IS thug. EVERYTHING Obama does is political. I still recall when he was caught meeting SEIU 50 times his first 6 months but never with his Afghanistan generals. So he arranged a photo op in early AM hours showing him meeting returning caskets at Dover airbase. What a disgrace (but still not as bad as the pretend fake tear he used during during Newton shooting presser).

Blog by ex-CIA

"A Delta Force Propaganda Assassination in Syria–Politics by Obama" http://www.noquarterusa.net/blog/78114/reading-between-the-lines-on-the-isis-hit-in-syria/

"The Farce of Delta Force and Obama’s Treasure Trove of Crap" http://www.noquarterusa.net/blog/78121/the-farce-of-delta-force-and-obamas-treasure-trove-of-crap/

"Publicly acknowledging that a Top Secret military force may have committed an act of war by crossing into Syria and carrying out a military strike. Having White House and DOD officials providing elaborate, extensive back ground briefings on what “really” happened on the ground. And then announcing the discovery of a “treasure trove of intel.” Jesus Christ!! How dumb are the people buying this crap?"

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
. So he arranged a photo op in early AM hours showing him meeting returning caskets at Dover airbase. What a disgrace

Is your press allowed to take pics of the returning dead now?
Did Obama allow it after Bush banned it?
Outside of the US, that was considered a huge disgrace

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
Is your press allowed to take pics of the returning dead now?
Did Obama allow it after Bush banned it?
Outside of the US, that was considered a huge disgrace

Fact is nobody really cared about photos, soldiers etc. All the sturm and drang vanished when Obama got elected. The anti-war movement went "pffft" the minute Obama was pitching the drones and not a Rep. As the recent rush to politicize the train accident shows Dems get a thrill out of tradgedy if it lets them get political. The anti-war movement was mostly a fraud.

Last edited:

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
It's a great satisfaction to get some extremists, just like swatting flies in a shit-house, unfortunately, just like swatting flies in a shit-house, it never ends, unless you get out of the shit-house, AKA the Middle East.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
It's a great satisfaction to get some extremists, just like swatting flies in a shit-house, unfortunately, just like swatting flies in a shit-house, it never ends, unless you get out of the shit-house, AKA the Middle East.

US officials were reported to be saying Saudis are ready to buy nukes from Pakistan. Obama started a nuke race in ME by helping our enemy Iran, and betraying allies like Eygpt, Israel, Saudis etc (Obama caused Arabs and Iraelsi to unite). Obama has set the whole ME on fire with his double dealing and secretive actions. The "shit house" is going to blow. Many of the radical "flies" Obama has let in here will be going off at the same time.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
US officials were reported to be saying Saudis are ready to buy nukes from Pakistan. Obama started a nuke race in ME by helping our enemy Iran, and betraying allies like Eygpt, Israel, Saudis etc (Obama caused Arabs and Iraelsi to unite). Obama has set the whole ME on fire with his double dealing and secretive actions. The "shit house" is going to blow. Many of the radical "flies" Obama has let in here will be going off at the same time.
Methinks Bush set the Middle East on fire and Obama just fed it gasoline.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Methinks Bush set the Middle East on fire and Obama just fed it gasoline.

Meh, after Bush's war it was basically unstoppable short of another trillion dollar investment and a few thousand American lives (and even that wouldn't gurantee that the end result wasn't EVEN worse). That is a price I am NOT willing to pay. I believe that Obama is TOO interventionist but he is worlds better than Bush. This is our not our business. I wish all the interventionist politicians and Americans who want to fix Middle East could suit up on their own dime and risk their own lives to "save" the Middle East.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Meh, after Bush's war it was basically unstoppable short of another trillion dollar investment and a few thousand American lives (and even that wouldn't gurantee that the end result wasn't EVEN worse). That is a price I am NOT willing to pay. I believe that Obama is TOO interventionist but he is worlds better than Bush. This is our not our business. I wish all the interventionist politicians and Americans who want to fix Middle East could suit up on their own dime and risk their own lives to "save" the Middle East.

It'd cost thousands of lives if we follow the orders of retarded men who think our soldiers should play police on the streets of Iraq. Like Bush and his generals did.

My policy is much different. I'd park our men at American made / secured military bases to act as checkpoints on the major roads. We'd blockade ISIS held territory, nothing goes in or out. We'd cut off their cities one by one, and let the Iraqi military move in to secure and clean up the left overs.

ISIS is a militia, it overpowers the Iraqis by rolling into town on vehicles, via roads. We are more than capable at blocking the few roads and killing any militia that moves. ISIS held a freaking "parade", where was coalition air power? There'd be nothing left of them if we had simply taken their "military" convoy, spotted it, and destroyed it. It won't take thousands of American lives to do what needs to be done.

But if we don't have leaders, men of intelligence to draw out and execute such effective plans of action, then America is just a weak country that'd lose trillions of dollars and thousands of lives just to operate a lemonade stand.

If our leaders do not give our soldiers the means to win at low cost... then our leaders deserve no respect and we need new leaders. One does not need to repeat the blunder of Bush if we chose to eliminate ISIS. Have we no men capable of leading us into victory? ISIS is a militia... we are the world's super power... wtf is wrong with us thinking it cannot be done?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
If our leaders do not give our soldiers the means to win at low cost... then our leaders deserve no respect and we need new leaders. One does not need to repeat the blunder of Bush if we chose to eliminate ISIS. Have we no men capable of leading us into victory? ISIS is a militia... we are the world's super power... wtf is wrong with us thinking it cannot be done?

And replaced with what? A shia government that is the jackal of the Iran theocracy? That is better how?

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
It'd cost thousands of lives if we follow the orders of retarded men who think our soldiers should play police on the streets of Iraq. Like Bush and his generals did.

My policy is much different. I'd park our men at American made / secured military bases to act as checkpoints on the major roads. We'd blockade ISIS held territory, nothing goes in or out. We'd cut off their cities one by one, and let the Iraqi military move in to secure and clean up the left overs.

ISIS is a militia, it overpowers the Iraqis by rolling into town on vehicles, via roads. We are more than capable at blocking the few roads and killing any militia that moves. ISIS held a freaking "parade", where was coalition air power? There'd be nothing left of them if we had simply taken their "military" convoy, spotted it, and destroyed it. It won't take thousands of American lives to do what needs to be done.

But if we don't have leaders, men of intelligence to draw out and execute such effective plans of action, then America is just a weak country that'd lose trillions of dollars and thousands of lives just to operate a lemonade stand.

And how long do you propose we stay there? You military action in Iraq, Iran, EU against Russia (might be wrong about this). And how do you propose paying for all of this?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Oh..did you see in that movie where the water boarded guy gave us all we needed to know to save the president

Don't you know? That's how werepossum gets his information. Ask him about Osama bin Laden......he will tell you he heard Ollie North tell Congress about how dangerous OBL was. (of course, Ollie never said that, but hey, it makes a good point, and he often doesn't concern himself with facts)

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Don't you know? That's how werepossum gets his information. Ask him about Osama bin Laden......he will tell you he heard Ollie North tell Congress about how dangerous OBL was. (of course, Ollie never said that, but hey, it makes a good point, and he often doesn't concern himself with facts)
lol Once I confused his testimony about Abu Nidal with Osama bin Laden. Once.

Shouldn't you be writing letters to Bradly/Chesea Manning this time of day anyway? That fan club's not gonna run itself.