ISIS: Potentially 'Thousands' of Online Followers Inside US Homeland, FBI Chief Warns

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sounds like the spawn of Old Joe McCarthy and Johnny Edgar Hoover are alive and well and carrying on their traditional family values.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
"Online followers" Surely that doesn't simply mean the number of people following a questionable terrorist suspect on twitter? Or liking their post?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
So its back to ISIS for the media?
The Black rioting thing getting old for them? So soon?

BTW, ever notice on these cable news shows like Fox and MSNBC, all the advertisers are for slimy business swindles like companies offering to fix your credit, or get you off the hook owing the IRS money, or selling some crap to either give guys a boner or to lose weight?
Should this tell us something about all these cable news outlets?
And to think... this is where most of America gets their news.
Holy crap-a-roni!

Their audience are filled with impotent morons.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Thought it was common knowledge more than news myself.
Lots of people like to pretend otherwise.

I think we need a "Pot for ISIS" program. We can call it Qur'an 4:20.
LMAO

So, our intelligence community is monitoring our emails, communications, etc. The intelligence community knows exactly what ISIS is telling people to do. But, the intelligence community doesn't know who it is that ISIS is telling to do these things, or who is using social media to communicate with ISIS. Doesn't sound very intelligent to me.
We're the low hanging fruit. Finding the actual terrorists in countries where they can't simply demand phone records is like, hard and stuff.

To paraphrase Sun Tsu: He who listens to everything, hears nothing. This is why most of the terrorists busted by the FBI were actually recruited by the FBI. It's not just horny underage girls on the Internet who are the FBI, it's also terrorist recruiters.

Last edited:

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
No, it shouldn't. 200 people average viewing in P&N versus 3k people viewing here.

Unless you want people uninformed about this.

Half the posts here are news of some sort, in case you hadn't noticed it.

So what are you going to do about cops? You are 55 times more likely to be killed by a cop then a terrorist.

We anxiously await your plan to protect the country from it's own police force.

You are going to "grab your ammo" to defend yourself from the cops?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
or cars? defend us against cars! Slicksnake I live in LOS ANGELES. Im pretty sure if anyone is a target it would be a large city and not some bumblefuck hick town in the mud.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Lots of people like to pretend otherwise.

LMAO

We're the low hanging fruit. Finding the actual terrorists in countries where they can't simply demand phone records is like, hard and stuff.

What countries are those? I rather suspect that the govts in many, many countries operate under fewer constraints than our own, Including the Europeans. They probably like radical terrorists no more than we do.

To paraphrase Sun Tsu: He who listens to everything, hears nothing. This is why most of the terrorists busted by the FBI were actually recruited by the FBI. It's not just horny underage girls on the Internet who are the FBI, it's also terrorist recruiters.

Most? Link us up. If true, then the breathless fear mongering in the OP's article is trumped up & overblown. Can't have it both ways, except in Glenbeckistan.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
What countries are those? I rather suspect that the govts in many, many countries operate under fewer constraints than our own, Including the Europeans. They probably like radical terrorists no more than we do.

Most? Link us up. If true, then the breathless fear mongering in the OP's article is trumped up & overblown. Can't have it both ways, except in Glenbeckistan.
Man, if stupid people had their own country you would be their king.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
most of these ISIS supporters seem to be mentally ill or on the fringe of society. ISIS is the new "Heaven's Gate" for disillusioned Americans.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Don't know if somebody else got this one in yet..... time to break out the drones!! American has been droning all over the world now in countries that can't fight back. Why not start droning our own citizens?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

History much? FBI has a record for arresting people it recruits, incites, trains, funds and arms. Plus a large amount of wanking over secret bedroom photos.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Sorry, you aren't my type. In fact, with your IQ my type wouldn't even be my type. Crazy has a sort of appeal; stupid, not so much.

What?! God gawd you can't be serious. If it weren't for stupid women, there is no way I would have lost my virginity in college. Every red blooded man is attracted to stupid. Marilyn Monroe, Jane Mansfield, Sophie Reade, Farrah Fawcett, etc.... the list of retarded women who were/are highly desired by all men is endless.

On a side note, why you hating on Jhhn, bro? He's good people.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
History much? FBI has a record for arresting people it recruits, incites, trains, funds and arms. Plus a large amount of wanking over secret bedroom photos.
Exactly. One wonders how many of those terrorists would be motivated to do something if not for the FBI's covert inciters. How much are they protecting America and how much are they simply operating a put-and-take terrorist fishery complete with Internet hatchery/grow-out ponds?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sorry, you aren't my type. In fact, with your IQ my type wouldn't even be my type. Crazy has a sort of appeal; stupid, not so much.

And the double down of denial, standard for Righties afraid to question their own values & cherished beliefs.

You basically offered that our govt enjoys greater access to phone records than govts on the other side of what might be conversations of interest. Which is delusional. I seriously doubt that govts in Egypt, KSA, Yemen and even western Europe employ greater niceties than our own or that they're not cooperating with our govt.

You also forget that restraints on NSA domestic spying don't apply offshore where they'll hack their way into any place they can get.

Which just leads into the usual big brother conspiracy theory about how "most" of the domestic terrorists busted by the FBI were created by the FBI.

Just spreading as much FUD as possible, huh?

But you say that I'm stupid for questioning that, apparently because there's nothing else you can say to push it out of the discussion. Inciters, you say? Judging from your skills in that regard, I'd say you're really more of an inciter that a believer, anyway.

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
The FBI offers people the opportunity to prove that they really intend to commit horrible crimes.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Parts of Patriot Act up for renewal? Yes, Please.
Feel free to hand in your rights and freedoms, but you have no right to surrender my rights.

Damn, Americans have turned into a bunch of crybaby candy asses, and don't deserve the freedoms this country was founded on.

mindmajick

Apr 24, 2015
Feel free to hand in your rights and freedoms, but you have no right to surrender my rights.

Damn, Americans have turned into a bunch of crybaby candy asses, and don't deserve the freedoms this country was founded on.

Who's cryin? Another guy that thinks he's the only true American. The only people i really see crying are the ones that think they're the only real Americans.

Edit: i actually agreed with your first statement. It's a shame you went with a programmed meme for the second one.