IS7/2.6c vs. AMD

Novaric

Aug 19, 2001
my last build was a t-bird 1.4 ghz AMD. Its good, it runs, it does stuff fast enough (or did when it was the high end of the market) but is sorta hot and therefore noisy to cool.

Basically, i've been out of the loop on technology for 2 years and i dont' understand how so many people support AMD's prices and OCability. I mean, the Bartons are near the same price as a P4 and the best nforce mobo (A7N8X ?) is more than the nice abit IS7. So...i just don't understand how people are saying you can get similar AMD performance fo rso much less? Can someone explain how AMD's lower clock speeds, lowers FSB and only slightly (if any) lower costs make for a better deal?

SinfulWeeper

Diamond Member
Sep 2, 2000
ahh...
mhz to mhz AMD costs the same as Intel until you get into the low end models which... who wants to build a low end system. Not I anyway.
On the other hand, Intel's flagship vs AMD's flagship, Intel costs less per mhz.

Anyway being AMD has less cycles than Intel, they cost less. Now the AMD fanboays will come and say it's how it does it's work or something to that effect.
In order to properly support AMD for the reasons you ask... well... I don't know... they do cost the same per cycle... I guess you gotta be an AMD fan to support them :confused: