Is Yoga the same for women as it is for men?

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Or is there a "man-Yoga" type of exercises that men do instead?

I was shopping at Walmart and they had a bunch of cheap $5 Yoga DVD called "Yoga for Absolute Beginners" and "Yoga for Feeling Stronger Every Day" featuring Yogi Marlon Braccia.

Well, I noticed that Sting practices Yoga and I think he has a good physique. I also noticed that older women who practice Yoga tend to look younger and have a nice body.

So, I always thought that maybe I should try Yoga too. Well, I bought the DVDs but I am now wondering if I basically did the equivalent of "buying a woman's sweat shirt". Did I embarrass myself by buying these DVDs? Do men buy Yoga DVDs? If they do, do they only buy Yoga DVDs featuring men on the cover? Did the woman cashier think I was a pervert that just wanted to buy the DVDs to look at a woman wearing spandex?

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
The answer is "yes" to all of your questions. Only you know, though, if you have a woman inside you. :wine:

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
it's the same as far as I know. there are usually alternate poses if you aren't flexible or balanced enough.

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
The solution to all of your life's problems is purchase an internet bride!

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
The 3 yoga classes I know of don't segregate. Men and women are in all of the classes.