Is wearing a mask infringing on our liberties and freedoms?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Is wearing a mask infringing on our liberties or freedoms?

• Yes

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 93.5%

• Total voters

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Seems a good reason for everyone to put you on 'ignore'. What is the point of even reading the posts of someone who is quite open about that?
I didn't say i am lying here but i am lying when it comes to the government.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
To answer the OP: Is wearing a mask infringing on our freedom? Yes, obligating for forcing someone to do something is obviously an infringement of their freedom.

Is that always a bad thing though, when the infringement is small but the social benefit is large? No, it's not a bad thing at all.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Wearing a mask is as much of an imposition on freedom as the requirement to drive on the right side of the road.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Like I tell my conservative brethren at work, I hate wearing a mask. I absolutely fucking hate it. It's hot, fogs my safety glasses, sux right after I drink coffee, gets even worse if I sweat a lot and have to get a new one. But I also tell them I'm not a whiny fucking little uneducated bitch, so I always wear one as required. And I expect the same from them.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
Absolutely it does which is why I refuse to wear it unless i absolutely have to like to go inside a store. I refuse to wear it in the post office as i have "medical condition".

Actually, he becomes a flying object and can be thrown about in the car and harm other passengers who are belted. Plenty of evidence for this.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes i would love to kill some people accidentally. I really don't give a crap about common decency so whatever. Yes i have a right to spread Covid and that is exactly what i might have done as I apparently had it according to blood test. Yes i am one of those that leave shopping cart out so people have a job collecting them.

OK, this is the last straw!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh he already said he's just lying about that.

I feel like this is probably a parody account because nobody is this gleefully sociopathic.

yeah, I wasn't sure until the shopping cart thing. That is just downright anarchy! can't be real.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Yes i would love to kill some people accidentally. I really don't give a crap about common decency so whatever. Yes i have a right to spread Covid and that is exactly what i might have done as I apparently had it according to blood test. Yes i am one of those that leave shopping cart out so people have a job collecting them.
Yeah, I'm going with Poe's law here.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Seems a good reason for everyone to put you on 'ignore'. What is the point of even reading the posts of someone who is quite open about that?
Exactly. Why people nothing wasting time on this idiot? Ignore and be on your way. It's just annoying to see so many replies to ignore user quotes.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
yeah, I wasn't sure until the shopping cart thing. That is just downright anarchy! can't be real.
That does piss me off. It doesn't happen much round here as you normally have to put a quid in the trolly but some shops don't do that (looking at you Waitrose).
I have been know to move the trolly back behind the car that just dumped their trolly.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That’s the thing. You act like a shit because you were made to feel you’re one. Now you are stuck with the only source open to you to feel any pride is to tell others to fuck themselves by feigning pride in being a jerk. You were robbed of the pleasure others can feel by wearing a mask that can save other people or taking your cart back to make life less work for somebody else. You were robbed of the knowledge of the inner pleasure and real self pride can bring in caring for other people. All you know is the pitiful joy that comes from holding others in contempt, because that is what happened to you.

So sorry my friend, because whereas others are happy to despise you for how you are, I simply can’t. Nothing about you is your creation or your fault. You are exactly how you had to turn out owing to the nature of your long forgotten past. But anyone can awaken, even you.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I get my 2nd dose this coming week so right wingers please feel free to shun the shots and party like its 1999. :p

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I get my 2nd dose this coming week so right wingers please feel free to shun the shots and party like its 1999. :p

Bad attitude. Them being idiots just means various restrictions & burdens will remain in force longer.

Reactions: jman19

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Is requirement to wear PPE at the shooting range also an infringement of our liberties and freedom? Is being required to wear PPE while racing at the dragstrip infringing? Or at work while welding, grinding, machining, etc. Or should wearing masks be an option for surgeons and techs doing research work on deadly viruses?

The moment Trump made wearing masks a political issue, any kind of common sense and consideration for others went down the flusher along with all of the moral, ethical and sociological norms that the Repub party willingly shed in defense of Trump and his self-interested myopic quest for power and the profits to be made from that power.

So we follow the devastating trail that the Trump logic <-- (oxymoron of the century) left in its wake and now, and now we have his followers thinking if wearing masks hurt Trump's feelings and his chances of getting reelected then surely getting a shot of vaccine would be committing treason against him and, of all things insane and unbelievable, mimicking an wholly selfish attitude that Trump is notorious for was somehow a patriotic thing to do, so why not?

Next up, getting infected with the virus is showing the world how loyal Trump supporters are to the Lord's Chosen One and besides, it;s just like the flu or the cold anyhow.

Reactions: jman19 and ch33zw1z