Is USPS priority faster than UPS Ground?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 50, Aug 22, 2004.

1. 50

50 Platinum Member

Hello, so I bought some headphones on amazon for 24.94 and bought some irish spring soap as a filler. I got two e-mail confirmations, one for the soap, one for the headphones. Apparently the soap was sent UPS ground and will be here between the 26th and 30th. However the headphones we're COMPLIMENTARY "upgraded" to USPS priority which is supposed to get here between the 30th and the 1st. Both items were shipped the same day, so why would they do that???

2. isekii

isekii Lifer

usps is quicker

I HATE UPS GROUND.
    No deliveries on the weekends and they're slow as Fvck.

3. TwiceOver

TwiceOver Lifer

USPS Priority has always been faster than UPS ground for me anyway. Though I try to avoid UPS for anything.

4. sixone

sixone Lifer

Weight. Lighter packages are cheaper to send by USPS, even using priority mail.

5. Schadenfroh

Schadenfroh Elite Member

USPS priority is faster than UPS Ground and they dont drag the package behind the truck on the dirt roads...... as much

6. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

same here UPS sucks

7. Guest

USPS is cheaper too.

8. NFS4

NFS4 No Lifer

USPS owns for packages under 3 lbs. DHL Ground for everything else

9. RobCur

RobCur Banned

priority mail is very fast, in same states only 1 day everywhere else 90 percent of the time it's 2 day and rarely 3days or more!

10. DaWhim

DaWhim Lifer

i prefer USPS. they are fast! I never have a coast to coast package take longer than 3 days except once. I wrote down a wrong zipcode that time and it took 4 days.

11. RobCur

RobCur Banned

UPS ground takes 5-7 days across the country and sometime up to 10days or even 2weeks, these guys are joke at shipping anything that is cheap!!!their 2nd,3 day delivery is very expensive thought and isn't guaranteed to be 2-3 days either could be 4-5days for all you know! :|:|:|:|:|:|:

12. RobCur

RobCur Banned

from Ca to Ga, only 2 days!!! How they do that??? for 1lbs package 3.85. yet most vendors don't use them? why? no tracking! but the stupid ups tracking is only as good as those clowns working at UPS LOL

13. Justin218

Justin218 Platinum Member

Priority is so much faster and better than ups

14. RobCur

RobCur Banned

heh, i just a have ups moron delivered my package to my neighbor, christ! was he on weeds? from CA to KS, 5 days is just sad :(

15. sniperruff

sniperruff Lifer

the soap and the headphones ship from separate warehouses hence the different ship times

16. Demo24

Demo24 Diamond Member

the shipment tracking is very good though :) better than Fedex

17. DaWhim

DaWhim Lifer

the fastest record I had was I sent out a package on wed morning and my friend got it on friday afternoon. I always use USPS with delivery confirmation. I never have problem with that.

well, if I am buying something online, I would rather have the vendor use ups/fedex/air borne.

18. RagingBITCH

RagingBITCH Lifer

Um, who is cheaper than who depends on what zip code it's going to. The past 4-5 packages bought off of FS/FT or eBay I've shipped UPS because they all weighed over 20lbs, and USPS Priority would have charged me well over $12 per package, whereas all (except for one to CA) were under $10 via UPS.

19. NFS4

NFS4 No Lifer

And DHL is cheaper than Fedex Ground and UPS Ground...I never use UPS anymore for my eBay packages. And since I've setup an account with DHL and have maintained it for nearly a year shipping out so many damn packages, I've gotten discounted rates and coupons every now and then for $10 off here and there. My shipping for eBay goes as follows:

USPS First Class: 1-10 ounces
    USPS Priority Mail: 1-2 pounds
    DHL Ground: Everything else

And DHL Ground is so much faster than UPS Ground or FedEx Ground. 80% of the time, I get a package to go from NC to the west coast in 3 days instead of 5.

20. RobCur

RobCur Banned

Faster? YES!!!
    Cheaper? NO
    Slower? NO
    stupider? YES, UPS makes 3 attempt, USPS does not. That sucks :(

21. Kelvrick

Kelvrick Lifer

Priority mail can be left in your mailbox though. And if you're in an apartment, in one of those larger mailboxes with a key.

22. Cat13

Cat13 Golden Member

23. Actaeon

Actaeon Diamond Member

I like Priority the best. Its not that expensive, and its fast. I've had something from Hawaii come to Florida in 3 days.

24. RagingBITCH

RagingBITCH Lifer

I can bet my company's shipping rates pwn your DHL rates :p You can't compete with a company whose been shipping out packages for over 10 years via UPS, or via one of the largest printers in Illinois if I need to go FedEx. Not to mention, my aunt works for FedEx, so it'd be pretty easy for me to get some nice discounts via FedEx (too much of a hassle most of the time)

25. tm37

tm37 Lifer

I like DHL (we are airborne's 4th largest customer) but the ground service is either early or late. They are the cheapest thing going for next day air though. I love to send out stuff from fs/ft and the people are shocked to get it the next day.