Is Trump about to be indicted in NY?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Unless someone is going to monitor and drain his account every time he grifts someone, it won't do any good. His followers aren't going to go away any time soon, and he'll milk them dry if he has to.
I wouldn't be surprised if he started monetizing his endorsements of candidates for nonpresidential elections. $10k for a Truth social post, $50k for a mention on television, $300k for a campaign rally appearance.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
There's also political motivation to get Trump convicted. His chances in 2024 drops greatly if there's a court case and the public is exposed to more of his wrongdoings. If he acutally gets jail time, he might not even be the GOP candidate. Though you can't be sure.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
There's also political motivation to get Trump convicted. His chances in 2024 drops greatly if there's a court case and the public is exposed to more of his wrongdoings. If he acutally gets jail time, he might not even be the GOP candidate. Though you can't be sure.

I just don't think the founding fathers envisioned a time when a candidate for office might actually be a criminal.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
The so-called Founding Fathers only envisioned one type of national leaders. White men, who owned property (along with humans) as well as a banging assortment of wigs.

It never crossed their mind that owning, mistreating, raping and murdering other humans might not be what their Jesus-uh had in mind.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I wouldn’t give much credence to anything Michael Cohen says but these cases take years. Really in the end Trump is fucked one way or another as I don’t think anyone really doubts he’s a lifelong criminal so now it’s basically just up to who gets him.

The larger question is everyone knew he was a lifelong criminal in 2016 so why did anyone vote for him?

Reactions: Pohemi

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I wouldn’t give much credence to anything Michael Cohen says but these cases take years. Really in the end Trump is fucked one way or another as I don’t think anyone really doubts he’s a lifelong criminal so now it’s basically just up to who gets him.

The larger question is everyone knew he was a lifelong criminal in 2016 so why did anyone vote for him?
We'll see. Wouldnt hold my breath.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
We'll see. Wouldnt hold my breath.
Oh I think anyone looking at this objectively would conclude Trump will be indicted, probably multiple times. I think you and I agree he’s a lifelong criminal, right?

Like I said, once he lost the protections of the presidency he was fucked. He has made it so criminally prosecuting him is politically advantageous.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I wouldn't be surprised if he started monetizing his endorsements of candidates for nonpresidential elections. $10k for a Truth social post, $50k for a mention on television, $300k for a campaign rally appearance.
Don't many politicians already do that with "speaking engagements? Does it really mater what name we put on influence pedaling?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Don't many politicians already do that with "speaking engagements? Does it really mater what name we put on influence pedaling?
Motivational speakers or other guest speakers are routinely compensated. That's not unusual. But doing endorsements on a per-tweet basis or something of that nature is a whole different level.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Oh I think anyone looking at this objectively would conclude Trump will be indicted, probably multiple times. I think you and I agree he’s a lifelong criminal, right?

Like I said, once he lost the protections of the presidency he was fucked. He has made it so criminally prosecuting him is politically advantageous.

I am rather curious as to how @blackangst1 will answer this, but your second point conforms to how, in my opinion, I see self hate to be behind the human slide to self extinction. It is a paradox the existence of which requires an uncommon level of self understanding that for people almost universally will not want to have.

The very fact that nobody wants to understand how and why Trump fucked himself is because we are all also engaged to greater or lesser degrees in the same thing. This means it is going to be difficult to explain having already two strikes against it. It is paradoxical and thus counterintuitive and we have motivations to deny it exists.

For this reason, and because it comes up so frequently in understanding human behavior, I have given it a short cut title, the left hand of darkness.

The basic idea is that self hate is exactly that, contempt for oneself and that amounts to a will to destroy oneself, to be punished for being evil.

But, of course, we can't be consciously aware of this because we learned to feel that way as children at a time when we weren't already hardened and emotionally dead, armored and bullet proof to negative criticism. Instead we were wide open, naive and innocent which lead basically to our crucifixion, a state to painful to consciously bear. So we went into hiding behind a Stockholm manufactured ego, a conformist pretense that we were not only OK but truly great.

This happened to Trump in spades. But the critical part is that because we died psychically as children we all are unconsciously driven to get back there to save ourselves, to resurrect psychically united instead of divided against ourselves.

In short we try to recreate our deaths over and over again in the hope we can fix what was broken, but never honestly and awake. We do it vicariously. We have become drama queens. We create a stage on which to act out those negative behaviors that got us crucified for originally, but without any conscious awareness to are at the mercy of unconscious needs. We seek unconsciously and are driven to create situations that will cause us to feel humiliation.

In this way we can relive the process by constantly challenging our egos to survive the same barrage we experienced as children over and over again. We seek ego destruction with the reward of ego survival. We seek perpetual battle by creating the wheel of Karma.

The more massive the ego the greater the calamities we create to overcome. It is this urge to survive self inflicted misery that Trump lives for. And the greater our own need to self destruct the greater we cheer him on. The deeper the self hate the greater the craving for fame. The cumulative effect is the left handed desire for the destruction of life on earth.

It's what we feel we deserve. The outer expression, the paradoxical part, is that we have a need to be the see ourselves as the best in the world.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Who gives a rats ass on analyzing how poorly he was raised. He’s a ignorant and hateful sack of excrement even for a small fraction he’s done. And in most civilized countries, he would have never become the leader of our country. Yup ‘MURICA!!! Such a great country.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Update, Trump possibly is now trying everything to get away with it. According to the New York Times, one way he is doing it is by opening up another company to evade the lawsuit going on against him in NY.
Trump Forms New Company, in Possible Attempt to Evade NY Lawsuit
Yep. James is trying to lock up the remaining assets.

“Trump Organization II LLC” on September 21, the same day James originally filed her suit. The new company could be part of an attempt to hide assets, James said.

New York AG Asks Judge to Prevent Trumps From Hiding Assets – Mother Jones

Reactions: Pohemi

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Jury selection begins today against the Trump org. Could have interesting results if convicted.

Feb 4, 2009
Jury selection begins today against the Trump org. Could have interesting results if convicted.
Agreed, per what I’ve heard him and his spawn could be barred from doing business in NY, so the choice would be either sell all your real estate and start over somewhere else that’s more friendly like FL or hire people to manage the business and truely have those people manage the business because I am sure the State & Judge will be expecting them to avoid complying.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Segment on the jury pool

But damn the hate some stated on the survey

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Agreed, per what I’ve heard him and his spawn could be barred from doing business in NY, so the choice would be either sell all your real estate and start over somewhere else that’s more friendly like FL or hire people to manage the business and truely have those people manage the business because I am sure the State & Judge will be expecting them to avoid complying.
Not only that but the spawn of satan have lost all their friends. You run that risk when your father is a racist dirtbag.
Ivanka Trump was unhappy about how her friends 'turned their backs' on her during her father's administration, report says (yahoo.com)

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo