Is Trump about to be indicted in NY?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Your detractors?!?! Shitlol

Are you actually trying to make this thread about yourself?!

Your constant strawman arguments, you play the victim up in here, and you're straight up wrong many times regarding New York City.

Come to the table with some facts and a well thought out argument.

Yeah, my detractors. It's not about me at all.

But I'm also not obsessed over punishing Trump and claiming he's facing prison time over his alleged offenses. Not because I like him. I cannot stand him.

I'm just against attacking people because they do not agree with me.

Trump has yet to face a criminal charge no matter the vitriol uttered about him. The rage of some reminds me of the racist Whites who protested Obama's election. He's a traitor, he's a Muslim, we want out country back!

The country never went anywhere. Obama was no traitor, nor is he a Muslim. And I'm not a Republican. But I'm certainly no radical. Screaming, cursing people out and calling people names dosen't get you want you wish.

But I guess it's a frustration reliever. I'd rather wait and see what Attorney General Garland can do.

I mean if you're insane, then do try to personally put Trump in jail.

Last edited by a moderator:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, my detractors. It's not about me at all.

But I'm also not obsessed over punishing Trump and claiming he's facing prison time over his alleged offenses. Not because I like him. I cannot stand him.

I'm just against attacking people because they do not agree with me.

Trump has yet to face a criminal charge no matter the vitriol uttered about him. The rage of some reminds me of the racist Whites who protested Obama's election. He's a traitor, he's a Muslim, we want out country back!

The country never went anywhere. Obama was no traitor, nor is he a Muslim. And I'm not a Republican. But I'm certainly no radical. Screaming, cursing people out and calling people names dosen't get you want you wish.

But I guess it's frustration reliever. I'd rather wait and see what Attorney General Garland can do.

I mean if you're insane, then do try to personally put Trump in jail.
Why don’t you engage with any of the arguments against your position?

Also, do you live in NYC? You talk about it a lot but your ideas seem disconnected from reality.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I despise King Donnie the Twice Impeached...and would cheer if he was incarcerated...or executed for treason...but neither is gonna happen. I don't even think the civil suit is going to produce any tangible results that will cost Trump anything more than his legal fees..which he'll find a way of getting out of too.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I despise King Donnie the Twice Impeached...and would cheer if he was incarcerated...or executed for treason...but neither is gonna happen. I don't even think the civil suit is going to produce any tangible results that will cost Trump anything more than his legal fees..which he'll find a way of getting out of too.
I’m not saying I would bet you (against the forum rules!) but I would bet a large sum of money Trump will be indicted.

I think the ‘he gets away with everything!’ people do not understand why things are different now.

Reactions: hal2kilo

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I’m not saying I would bet you (against the forum rules!) but I would bet a large sum of money Trump will be indicted.

I think the ‘he gets away with everything!’ people do not understand why things are different now.

Let's just hope I'm wrong. BTW, "indicted" doesn't mean much. He was impeached by the House...but never convicted by the Senate. IF he's indicted, he won't be convicted.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Let's just hope I'm wrong. BTW, "indicted" doesn't mean much. He was impeached by the House...but never convicted by the Senate. IF he's indicted, he won't be convicted.
No huge difference in senate to 12 person jury. Obviously to get 2/3rd the senate to vote to remove is unlikely. But no way unanimous not guilty verdict. Far more likely 1 MAGAtard to hang the jury. So just retrial after retrial to find a jury that will find guilty as charged.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
This doesn't pertain specifically to the NY stuff, but just in general. How do you get a jury who doesn't know anything or have a bias? And if you think there are clueless people out there, they are most likely MAGAs. I would say on both sides of the equation there are people who'd lie to be on that jury.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
This doesn't pertain specifically to the NY stuff, but just in general. How do you get a jury who doesn't know anything or have a bias? And if you think there are clueless people out there, they are most likely MAGAs. I would say on both sides of the equation there are people who'd lie to be on that jury.
you can't. you can only minimize (or maximize) it, depending on which side of the system you're on. jury selection is a legal game unto its own. lawyers can have jurors removed for a variety of reasons, and a few for no reason whatsoever. you're literally allowed to just kick people off the pool list just because (but there is a limit). so you have to tailor your "interview" questions to try and reveal what you think (as prosecution or defense) are biases that hinder your case.

as the defense, you are going to want people who are sympathetic to your client (or, maybe removing jurors you think could be actively hostile) and, depending on the case, not necessarily critical thinkers (they could be just as problematic for a prosecutor with weak evidence).
and of course the prosecution is aiming for the reverse - jurors they think will be open-minded or otherwise sympathetic to their case.

take google vs. oracle on the case of the android API and copyright infringement. google would gladly get as many computer and software engineers in the jury pool as it could. that would be kryptonite to oracle's case. a lay person, without specialized knowledge, likely doesn't understand how an API works outside of what the prosecution and defense are going to to tell them during the trial. so oracle's best bet is to get people who aren't computer savvy, and explain API's in an overly simplified manner that belies their true nature.

Reactions: Pohemi

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Why don’t you engage with any of the arguments against your position?

Also, do you live in NYC? You talk about it a lot but your ideas seem disconnected from reality.
His ideas are an insult to some people in NYC..... this statement is from someone in NYC.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I mean you can read her filing which lays out her findings extensively. The amount of fraud she uncovered really is staggering in its scope.
can you please filter the filing through the words of former USAG Bill Barr? That is the only lens through which Greenman will read anything. (remember, he declares that crimes can only exist if a trial happens and not just end with a conviction, but with direct admission from the accused that they did the exact thing--unless of course a friend decides to say that no the thing never happened anyway so no need to investigate really and so no trial. ....Oh unless its Hillary. Then a bunch of public accusations with no evidence whatsoever are of course the same as guilt.)

Pretty sure I got that right.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
[the same nonsense that you've been repeating for weeks]

I happen to believe Trump is guilty of many crimes: Financial skullduggery, lying, violating national security and the most obvious - trying to overthrow the U.S. government.

But has Trump been criminally charged with any such wrongdoing? And if he is, can he be convicted?

lol--exactly what everyone is saying but you absolutely refuse to accept that you are projecting:

You have only ever argued that no one is not only allowed to talk and post about Trump's very certain guilt in committing multiple, major crimes here, but simp0ly talking about it is somehow equal to sitting on a jury and passing conviction without examining any evidence...yet here you say the quiet part out loud: Apparently you believe what everyone else believes, but because you insist on being some sort of special genius, only you can think about this privately and, I guess, admit it publicly, but NO ONE CAN DISCUSS THIS OUT LOUD IN ANY CONVERSATION because apparently that is the same as calling him guilty.

All you do is create this situation that plainly doesn't exist: everyone else claiming that Trump has been convicted of multiple crimes--just to argue against it. It's the same as the endless Hillary hate from the right, based on absolutely nothing. This is why you are criticized, because you use the very specific tools of rightwing fascists to detract from your peers and try to remove their own individual agency in discussing current events.

It's the weirdest fucking thing. Of course you'll never accept this truth being shown to you, but this is what you are doing. Your brain will forever defend that you are right in your projection, of course, but just a reminder here that in this post, you are engaging in exactly what you have accused everyone of doing for quite some time now.

It's baffling why you would even post those lines up there, after shoving your way into the circle and demanding everyone else SHUT UP! because you have some novel perspective on how humans should be allowed to discuss topics with each other.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I BELIEVE Trump is guilty as hell of a number of things...Russian collusion in the 2016 election, financial crimes, even possible treason over the classified documents...but what I BELIEVE and what can be proven in court are totally different things.

Reactions: Lezunto

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Unless Trump faces a serious criminal charge and is convicted, there's little chance he'll go to prison.

But it's okay if so many wish these probes into Trump's financial dealings and his election interference may lead to criminal charges.

Unfortunately, it does not look as if the Justice Department is preparing a treason case against Trump. Mostly because it may be difficult to prove one, according to Bruce Ledewitz, who teaches constitutional law at Duquesne University Law School in Pittsburgh.

Trump may have engaged in financial wrongs and maybe prosecution for such non-political crimes could also be warranted if the conduct could be linked to him personally, Ledewitz said.

But this is not true of a potential prosecution for mishandling secret government material. Here, the precedents do not support criminal charges, the professor said.

Going after Trump for retaining documents would rightly be labeled a political prosecution. It would harm Democrats. But it would also wound the nation, Ledewitz reasoned.

The Justice Department has probably already concluded the same, he said.

This does not mean I support Trump. I'm a Dem. Don't believe me?

I could care less.

Trump isn't going to jail

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Unless Trump faces a serious criminal charge and is convicted, there's little chance he'll go to prison.

But it's okay if so many wish these probes into Trump's financial dealings and his election interference may lead to criminal charges.

Unfortunately, it does not look as if the Justice Department is preparing a treason case against Trump. Mostly because it may be difficult to prove one, according to Bruce Ledewitz, who teaches constitutional law at Duquesne University Law School in Pittsburgh.

Trump may have engaged in financial wrongs and maybe prosecution for such non-political crimes could also be warranted if the conduct could be linked to him personally, Ledewitz said.

But this is not true of a potential prosecution for mishandling secret government material. Here, the precedents do not support criminal charges, the professor said.

Going after Trump for retaining documents would rightly be labeled a political prosecution. It would harm Democrats. But it would also wound the nation, Ledewitz reasoned.

The Justice Department has probably already concluded the same, he said.

This does not mean I support Trump. I'm a Dem. Don't believe me?

I could care less.

Trump isn't going to jail
You spend a lot of time claiming your opinions are valid because of your political party and almost no time addressing the criticisms of your opinions. Nobody cares what party you belong to. If you never mentioned it again that would be great.

If you’re interested in how Trump’s actions clearly meet all the necessary elements of several federal criminal statutes and why he will be charged with them I’m happy to link you lots of analysis by similarly credentialed people. I suspect you will ignore this or try to get in some personal fight though.

edit: also I’ve asked you a few times about what part of NYC you live in, given you talk about it. Surely you can say what neighborhood without giving up too much about yourself?

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I could care less.

So you DO care, eh?

Hint: If you actually meant to say you really didn't care at all, not one whit.....then the expression you should have written is:

I COULDN'T CARE LESS.

See the difference. One says there is a level of concern left within you (I could care less) and one says you have absolutely no concern at all (I could NOT care less.)

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I still don't care about civil lawsuits filed against Trump. They will not get him jailed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Fenixgoon, I wholeheartedly occur.

But what seems to be the case is that Trump can attract draw contributions, donations and support from across the country and around the world.

I believe this is a terrible shame, but in line with the ascension of Right Wing and fascist national leaders who are taking power in Europe and elsewhere.

People find it so easy to hate and disparage others or an entire race for any reason.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Unless someone is going to monitor and drain his account every time he grifts someone, it won't do any good. His followers aren't going to go away any time soon, and he'll milk them dry if he has to.
Exactly. He’ll find a way to grift one way or the other… in exile living large on someone else's dime in exchange for propaganda, a grift company in his sons name etc etc.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Exactly. He’ll find a way to grift one way or the other… in exile living large on someone else's dime in exchange for propaganda, a grift company in his sons name etc etc.
You don’t think our fears of how deeply the MAGA folk are brainwashed has no relationship to any unconscious suspicion how deeply we have been programmed?

• Haha