Is Tim Hortons the ONLY freaking place that DOESN'T take interact?!?

HansHurt

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Yea, that gets to me to...I wonder why they do that, It's only a small charge to them, maybe because coffee and donuts are their primary sales, and the small charge would affect their bottom -line

Jonny

Golden Member
Oct 26, 1999
Yeah, it is a bit of a burn, but I guess it's also understandable...if you were waiting in a LONG line with everyone using interact...your quick morning coffee would become a LONG process.

BTW, some Mcdonalds also do not have interact.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< BTW, some Mcdonalds also do not have interact >>

I didn't realize that... I haven't seen one yet though.

JayPatel

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
well when ur selling things that only cost a buck or so, the small interact fee does indeed cut into your bottom line. The Great Canadian Bagel here locally has now stopped taking it as well because they cant &quot;afford&quot; it

d0ofy

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
BTW, some Mcdonalds also do not have interact.

Yeah, it is pretty impossible to interact with the idiots there.
BTW, what is Interact? I figure it's some automated way to get orders and billing done. I've seen no such thing in NYC yet.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
its a card (just like a credit card).

when you make a purchase, they swipe your card in an interact machine, and it removes the purchase amount directly from your account.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
It kinda sucks but it hurts their bottom line and would make lines VERY slow.

Anyway I've recently come to never use debit cards at all. $.50 for some cash is retarded when I can just get a cash advance on my visa card (then all I pay is 10% annual interest which works out to about virtually nothing over even a months period on, say $20 withdrawal) or use a visa card almost anywhere.

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
jeez that's all we need, 20 in line waiting to use interact. what we need is a smart bank card, swipe and wipe.

wilki24

Feb 27, 2001
Interact? Where do they come up with these names? Marketing people must have a lot of spare time on their hands.

Debit Card = Check Card. Never heard 'Interact' before. Is that a bank thing, or a general term?

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's spelled Interac, not &quot;interact.&quot;

It's usually built on to your bank card as an automated debit service.