is this what getting old is like?

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
so i just leaned ever so slightly to the side in my computer chair

and instantly my spine felt like it had been hit with a sledgehammer, and now it hurts every time i breathe

if this is what getting old feels like then i want to be forever young

Reactions: CZroe and jameny5

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If I told you no would you buy it? ;)

images

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
^^^^^^^ old farts platoon alert. :D

AARP headquarter is having a sale. Coming up next...."remember those days...when we had to walk to school deep in snow up to our chests...10 miles....uphill...both ways..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: brianmanahan

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
so i just leaned ever so slightly to the side in my computer chair

and instantly my spine felt like it had been hit with a sledgehammer, and now it hurts every time i breathe

if this is what getting old feels like then i want to be forever young
lulz did you break a rib? i have broken one and it hurts to breathe after. i think it has more to do with your regular activity's building strong bones. if you don't run jump roll around your body will become weak!

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Thanks to a car accident maybe 7 years ago, I realized many aches are muscular. So some remedy can be achieved by physical therapy, deep tissue or trigger point massages(these are not happy endings---I'd be looking for dudes to get these massages done). And stretches.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
And stretches

THIS is key to staying fit ... when you stretch out your muscles you also stretch out everything else including blood-vessels and in turn every part of your body gets more blood circulation/oxygen.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
Yes. That's exactly what getting old is like...just wait...it gets much worse.

Lol....yep...it's kind of like you are the metal man in the Wizard of Oz. You start rusting little by little when wet, moves should be pre-planned (this is where yoga and stretching come in) and the only way to relieve the pain somewhat is rest, more stretching, maybe a little more yoga helps and of course good drugs for the pain. As Cap said, try to stay fit, your weight levels especially.

Warning, if you get a much younger wife, she can really f--k you up in bed but she can also help to relieve some of that pain.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
My shoulders were hurting on both sides. I was really concerned, as this had never happened before. I went to the doctor, who told me it was due to age. He didn't give me anything, and told me to take Tylenol. 2 Days later, I was fine. The wife said it was because I painted a bedroom. I guess she was right.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I pulled a lower back muscle during my workout yesterday. Even quit early because I knew I was in danger of overdoing it, but didn’t realize I’d be hobbling around like a 90-year old today. I lifted a lot more than I do now throughout my 20s with no issues ... now 31 and I’ve done this twice in the last year.

Gave me time to do my and my fiancees taxes without feeling like I wasted an afternoon at least.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I pulled a lower back muscle during my workout yesterday. Even quit early because I knew I was in danger of overdoing it, but didn’t realize I’d be hobbling around like a 90-year old today. I lifted a lot more than I do now throughout my 20s with no issues ... now 31 and I’ve done this twice in the last year.

Gave me time to do my and my fiancees taxes without feeling like I wasted an afternoon at least.
a nice soak in a epson salt bath does wonders. whats funny is i strained lower back doing work out yesterday too hah, but it was because i did zero warm up and was running around the house doing 5 things at once supersetting benchpress and curls ;)

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
When I was 28 or 29 I was scraping thin ice off my windshield. Something happened between my shoulder blades and I couldn't turn my neck to back out of the parking lots. It hurt for weeks.

3 years ago I picked up my clothes basket and hurt something in my lower back. That night my knee started hurting just as bad. The pain was so bad I had to pull a chair over and take breaks when I made my coffee in the morning. I literally changed my sleep position because of that incident.

• Wow
Reactions: brianmanahan

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
i thought about trying that

but i don't think i've taken a bath since i was 6
wow i love to take a bath with a hot naked girl, but maybe your not into that type of thing ;)

about twice a year due to this kinda thing but wow no baths with hot girls either?
works for hemorrhoids too, wonder how old you are, im sad for you :)

you guys sound ancient with these issues, hope those things dont happen to me anytime soon EEK.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
the only reason sneezing worries me is that I am on warfarin and I dread having a nose bleed that may not clot.

UPDATE: it happened today. stupid thing bled for an hour before clotting

Last edited: