Is this season's south park great so far?

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Loving PC Principal. Usually when shows add a character it means they are going downhill but he's pretty awesome :thumbsup:

Great commentary on how crazy media has become, with the whole Caitlin Jenner crap, illegal immigrants, donald trump and so on. Saw the yelp episode the other day too, and the body shaming one.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
We had a Whole Foods open nearby 2-3 weeks ago so that episode was really timely and spot-on.

I don't think this show has lost a step at all. Still very funny.

A Casual Fitz

Diamond Member
May 16, 2005
We're fortunate that Matt and Trey are still so into making the show after all these years.

Nov 8, 2012
Loving this season so far... more than the last couple for sure.

I can say that I do miss Chef.... Poor chef....

Fun Fact: Isaac Hayes (The guy that played Chef) was pretty batshit crazy. Into Scientology. Went through bankruptcy, etc... 4 Wives. 12 Children. Jeebus jeebus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Hayes

Last edited:

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
We had a Whole Foods open nearby 2-3 weeks ago so that episode was really timely and spot-on.

I don't think this show has lost a step at all. Still very funny.

there are times when they phone it in and make real crap episodes. the trayvon martin one was an example of it...

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
A lot better than the previous 5 seasons for sure.

ugh ... can't say i agree. i find this season to be the worst so far .. and i liked most of the previous 5.
season 14 had the my excellent compatriot cycle which is some of the best SP stuff imho. also scrottie mcboogerballs and medicinal fried chicken.
season 15 was kinda weak but it had the last of the mehicans, crack babies, and city sushi.
season 16 was ok, nothing spectacular ... but not bad.
season 17 had the whole GoT thing which i didn't like, but the other episodes were good.
season 18 had that go fund yourself theme and it was ok.. i don't really like long recurring themes but it got a few laughs out of me.

this last season i'm just waiting for anything funny to happen. (well, the boogers and cum song was funny)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Started watching this season online, and it doesn't seem like anything special. Still decent.

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
The Yelp episode had me screaming with laughter. So on point and could be used to judge allot of posting here!

Sable

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
This season is just the worst. not remotely funny. Cartman isn't being Cartman. Randy isn't being Randy.

NO. I'm done.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
This season is just the worst. not remotely funny. Cartman isn't being Cartman. Randy isn't being Randy.

NO. I'm done.

are you unable to see their scathing criticism of our dumbass PC and tweeting/yelping/facebooking society? along with how stupid people who support trump are?

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
Yes, the safe space episode happening before the national student protests was as timely as any show can be.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
ugh ... can't say i agree. i find this season to be the worst so far .. and i liked most of the previous 5.
season 14 had the my excellent compatriot cycle which is some of the best SP stuff imho. also scrottie mcboogerballs and medicinal fried chicken.
season 15 was kinda weak but it had the last of the mehicans, crack babies, and city sushi.
season 16 was ok, nothing spectacular ... but not bad.
season 17 had the whole GoT thing which i didn't like, but the other episodes were good.
season 18 had that go fund yourself theme and it was ok.. i don't really like long recurring themes but it got a few laughs out of me.

this last season i'm just waiting for anything funny to happen. (well, the boogers and cum song was funny)

Hey Leslie, SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
I think PC Principal is pretty funny, and the whole Donald Trump episode was pretty hilarious.

Nov 8, 2012
I think PC Principal is pretty funny, and the whole Donald Trump episode was pretty hilarious.

I didn't get what was up with Wednesday at the end when PC Principal pulled out the photo of his daughter or whatever?

Are they basically nudging that a lot of the stuff going on in the SJW community is setup and manipulating people? (e.g. Zoe Quinn banging game reviewers behind the scenes, uses it to claim she is being oppressed as a female from the backlash)

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I didn't get what was up with Wednesday at the end when PC Principal pulled out the photo of his daughter or whatever?

Are they basically nudging that a lot of the stuff going on in the SJW community is setup and manipulating people? (e.g. Zoe Quinn banging game reviewers behind the scenes, uses it to claim she is being oppressed as a female from the backlash)

That's Leslie. He's been yelling at her for no reason in every episode.