Is this reason to rma 1080 Ti FE ?

lpio211

Dec 17, 2016
Hi. I have weird little problem with my Gtx 1080 Ti FE. Mostly of the time , on load , clocks are 1550-1700mhz ,fan speed is on auto 49-50% ,temps of course are high 85C and GPUZ reporting THRM ( purple field ).

But.........sometimes when i run game or benchmark fan speed is on auto too but it is raising itself to 60% and temps of course are smaller and clocks are higher like 1800mhz and gpuz not reporting thermal limit

. I dont have installed any oc programs,like afterburner or precision. Only fraps,gpuz,cpuz. I will be very greatful for help here.

Please help.

Somebody said this to me:"Try the card in a different computer to see if the problem follows the card. If it does then it is time to start a RMA."

So i am worried now.

I am on 378.92 drivers.

lpio211

Dec 17, 2016
One day i run Unigine Heaven and i can run multiple runs and fan is locked at 60% and higher clocks.

Second day i run the same Unigine Heaven i can run multiple runs and fan will be locked at 49% with lower clocks.

This is weird. Like i said i dont have installed Evga Precision or Afterburner.

Oct 13, 2014
plus.google.com
Work loads are different from game to game and benchmarks, so different clocks and different temps. Hwinfo will show wattage and will most likely give you a better picture, right click on the wattage and make a graph, you'll see how much it fluctuates. You could also try newer drivers