Question Is this how ARGB fans are supposed to look?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
So I just bought my first pair of ARGB fans the Deepcool CF140. I am using Razer software to control the ARGB. However no matter what I do I cant set the ARGB evenly at 50/50 instead it looks like 60/40. But I really want 50/50 evenly or is this how all ARGB fans are supposed to look?
20210222_155107.jpg

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I am going to assume you mean the color split in the middle? You aren't really clear there.

But if this is what you mean, then it most likely has to do with the split on how many LEDs there are inside the center ring. The more individual LEDs there are, the more control you have.

It could also be an issue with Razers software and those specific fans. Does DeepCool have their own software? Maybe there fans are only partially ARGB compliant and you have to use their software.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Yes that's what I meant to ask sorry. I have to use the Razer ARGB controller/software because my Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro comes with Gigabyte Fusion 2.0 and I cant control ARGB with it only regular RGB. This is my first pair of ARGB fans. Not sure if I should return them or if this is how all ARGB fans look with 50% one color and 50% another color like on my picture. I have nothing to compare them to.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Yes that's what I meant to ask sorry. I have to use the Razer ARGB controller/software because my Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro comes with Gigabyte Fusion 2.0 and I cant control ARGB with it only regular RGB. This is my first pair of ARGB fans. Not sure if I should return them or if this is how all ARGB fans look with 50% one color and 50% another color like on my picture. I have nothing to compare them to.

Ahh, I see they are listed as being Razer Chroma compatible, so that software should work fine.

My guess is the fan has an odd number of lights, so it can't do 50%. Or, it could be the specific colors you are selecting, so you could try a red and blue split just for kicks and see how it looks.

But to answer your question, its not an ARGB thing, its something with the LED layout of these fans.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks for the reply. It is possible it's the LED on the fans as you say that's why I want to make sure because I might return them and get something that looks and works better.

Are ARGB fans supposed to do 50/50 evenly? I have nothing to compare them to. Do you have ARGB fans? Could you do a picture of yours doing the same colors half and half (50/50) perhaps?

I cant test another color on mine until later next week. I am away from home visiting family in another state.

Thank you

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Thanks for the reply. It is possible it's the LED on the fans as you say that's why I want to make sure because I might return them and get something that looks and works better.

Are ARGB fans supposed to do 50/50 evenly? I have nothing to compare them to. Do you have ARGB fans? Could you do a picture of yours doing the same colors half and half (50/50) perhaps?

I cant test another color on mine until later next week. I am away from home visiting family in another state.

Thank you

My current case has Corsair QL120 fans in them, which are basically ARGB but with a corsair only addressing mode. These are arguably the best RGB fans out there (if not a bit overpriced) from an RGB perspective, although their air flow is quite good also.

But I know there are ARGB fans that offer fine control over the lights. And actually, looking at Deepcool's photos on their site, they are also not a clean 50:50 split. So I think its the way the LEDs are arranged inside.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
My current case has Corsair QL120 fans in them, which are basically ARGB but with a corsair only addressing mode. These are arguably the best RGB fans out there (if not a bit overpriced) from an RGB perspective, although their air flow is quite good also.

But I know there are ARGB fans that offer fine control over the lights. And actually, looking at Deepcool's photos on their site, they are also not a clean 50:50 split. So I think its the way the LEDs are arranged inside.
Oh what a shame. I saw the Corsair fans but was limited by my budget. I guess these will do for now. Will definitely be getting Corsair ARGB next time.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Oh what a shame. I saw the Corsair fans but was limited by my budget. I guess these will do for now. Will definitely be getting Corsair ARGB next time.

Well technically Corsair fans arent ARGB (Which is an open standard). They are their own thing that uses Corsair's iQue software. But outside of that, they are great fans.

And there may be ARGB fans from another maker that use the ARGB standard that will do what you want.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Do you have any suggestions?
Well technically Corsair fans arent ARGB (Which is an open standard). They are their own thing that uses Corsair's iQue software. But outside of that, they are great fans.

And there may be ARGB fans from another maker that use the ARGB standard that will do what you want.
Do you have any suggestions? Any you would specifically recommend?