Is this good or bad?

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
I had a pretty technical interview with a software company today. It went fairly well, not perfect but definitely not bad either.

Anyway, before the interview I was asked to sign up for a time slot. I noticed when adding my name to the list that out of the ~10 people they had selected, ~6 had already signed up, and I was the first bachelors interviewee on the list. The rest were all masters students. I do have a lot of experience, but I wouldn't say its to the level of a graduate degree.

Since they asked me to interview, I know I at least had a shot at something. My question is, should I be worried that I probably didn't do as well as some of the masters student candidates? Or is this more likely a "prodigy" case where my average interview isn't necessarily a bad thing, given my undergrad degree?

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
A time slot for work? If they're adding you to the daily schedule at the office that would be a good sign. If they're adding you a 2nd round of interview schedule it's positive, but not as good as being added to the office bagel club schedule.

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
is it a masters level position? as in were you expected to have a masters to be able to do some of the work or was it a recommended thing?

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Drakkon
is it a masters level position? as in were you expected to have a masters to be able to do some of the work or was it a recommended thing?

Don't know, didn't know anything about the position. I just talked to them for a while at the career fair and they took my resume. They offered me an intervew a few days later.