Is this doesn't make you mad.. i dunno WHAT will!

CuriousAndy

Banned
May 28, 2001
Click here

k400Mhz AMD K6-2 processor with 3D Now Technology, 64 MB SyncDRAM, 6.4GBUltraDMA Hard Drive,
512 L2 Pipeline Burst Cache, 4XDVD,56k Modem, 13.3TFT Active Matrix XGA Display, JBL PRO Audio with Bass Reflex, Windows 98 Operating System,1 Year Manufacturer Warranty.

family's price: $1,899.99

This is such a ripoff, this should be illegal

~andy

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Shouldn't this be in the Hot Deals forum? :D

Sheesh, that's pretty bad. ;)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
© 2000 familyphotoandvideo

Think that might be part of it?

The fastest laptop they list is a 650 MHz P3, & they have P2 laptops listed as well.

Viper GTS

hungrypete

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000

<< © 2000 familyphotoandvideo

Think that might be part of it?

The fastest laptop they list is a 650 MHz P3, & they have P2 laptops listed as well.

Viper GTS
>>

We will be temporarily closed on Tuesday September 18, and Wednesday September 19 for the Holidays.
The next shipping day will be Thursday September 20th.
Thank you for the Understanding.

Seems they are still in business...

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Family Photo and Video opened its doors in November 1993 with a mission to provide a fast, easy, and an enjoyable shopping experience.

I don't see anywhere on the site where it says "and provide you with reasonable prices and not rip you off."

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999

<< Family Photo and Video opened its doors in November 1993 with a mission to provide a fast, easy, and an enjoyable shopping experience.

I don't see anywhere on the site where it says "and provide you with reasonable prices and not rip you off."
>>

LOL!!!!!!! That is such a ripoff........you could buy two laptops at that price............

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Apparently they don't make their money off their web page.
Maybe it's one of those "fronts" that organized crime uses for various reasons.
It's in Brooklyn after all. :p

Though I seem to recall someone screaming up a storm about these guys a while ago.

Edit: High reseller rating but this guy had something to say about them...

Reselleratings.com

Comment From User: (orbit)
Fri Mar 9 08:35:30 2001
Family Photo and Video is the exact same company as Abe's of Maine, just operating as an alias. This company is like many other resellers from NY and NJ, in that they use deceptive practices, lie, push grey market goods, use high-pressure sales tactics, and try to sell you accessories that are supposed to come with the product from the factory.

I ordered an Olympus C-2500L from them (Abe's), and was assured they were sending the US model. I received a new-in-the-box European model, which was drop shipped from some place I had never heard of in south Florida. The camera, being grey market, came with a PAL video output, so I could not use the video out function. This, in spite of the fact that they assured me it was a US model. The European warranty would not apply in the States, according to Olympus.

They apologized, acted like they were surprised about the whole thing, acted innocent, and did refund my money without a huge delay. The only thing I lost was my UPS overnight shipping charges to return this turkey, amounting to $19. Stay away from these people! They are liars, and give honest Jewish people a bad name! They certainly aren't doing anything good for the Jewish community. And they're NOT in Maine, either.

If you've had a good experience with them, that's fine. But most likely, they will try to sell you more than you need, and give you less than you bargained for.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Thanks for the heads up on the cool deal, I just ordered one for the wife and one for me of course I did do some of the high priced upgrades..:Q

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Why would anyone be angry, unless it was at themselves for being stupid enough to pay that price? This is the deal, in a free country you are free to charge whatever you like for your product, and consumers are EQUALLY free to say "take your price and shove it up yer arse."

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
I have a compaq laptop 400MHz with 160MB Ram I will let you have for just $1400 Don't get ripped Off! Let me get youy a better laptop at a LOWER PRICE.