is this considered piracy?

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Say I'm driving down the street in my battleship of a Cadillac right? Now say I see another battleship of a Cadillac coming along in the other direction. He raises his colors identifying his ship as French port of origin and I raise my skull and crossbones. Now I tack into the wind, pull alongside, use grapnels and a pike and board him claiming his ship and cargo as my prize. Would that still be priacy? Oh yeah he was French so of course he surrendered.

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
Originally posted by: AMCRambler
Say I'm driving down the street in my battleship of a Cadillac right? Now say I see another battleship of a Cadillac coming along in the other direction. He raises his colors identifying his ship as French port of origin and I raise my skull and crossbones. Now I tack into the wind, pull alongside, use grapnels and a pike and board him claiming his ship and cargo as my prize. Would that still be priacy? Oh yeah he was French so of course he surrendered.

bordering on PHAIL..

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

it would be called a ban for a parody thread. see ya in 2 weeks!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Does the frenchy have a hot cousin on board?

He does. And she wants to parlay with you.

Excellent. Guess I don't have to rapier then.

jdini76

Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Jeeebus
p.s. pirates don't captain battleships.

You are no pirate.

What do they captain then...and don't say pirate ships.

A battleship would be a ship that battles. Aren't pirates' ships capable of battle?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Brilliant! This Friday has been the best day on OT in ages.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000

;) NICE

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Originally posted by: jdini76

You are no pirate.

A battleship would be a ship that battles. Aren't pirates' ships capable of battle?

well I think we're all safe deferring to Sid Meier's Pirates! for what ships a pirate may captain, and while a sloop or frigate be fine seafaring choices... battleship be not there.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: jdini76

You are no pirate.

well I think we're all safe deferring to Sid Meier's Pirates! for what ships a pirate may captain, and while a sloop or frigate be fine seafaring choices... battleship be not there.
bah, i prefer the classic 'high seas trader.' load up one side of a 4th rate with guns and blast away at everything but corvettes (which are faster than you)