Is this an ebay scam, somehow? It seems too good to be true. Like, it fell off of a truck, or it's being carded somehow, if it's even true.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Code:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WD-Western-Digital-3TB-Easystore-External-Hard-Drive-for-Desktop-Laptops/254614395122?hash=item3b483358f2:g:5hwAAOSwelhe1SOs

3TB EasyStore HDD for $18.99? WUT? Crazy price.

Edit: Nevermind, it most certainly IS a scam, hacked account, hasn't had ANY feedback in the last 12 months. Suddenly, this item pops up? Chances are, this person hasn't used ebay in a few years, and their account got hacked.

Here's a refurb, presumably legit, for $73.99.
Code:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WD-Western-Digital-3TB-Easystore-External-Hard-Drive-for-Desktop-Laptops/164201572772?hash=item263b2d29a4:g:dHEAAOSwDFxevyL6

Edit: The content of those two listings is largely the same, pretty-much a copy-n-paste job. Even more evidence that the underpriced item, which of course, has "more than 10 available", is the fake.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah I find if it's too good to be true it probably is a scam. I kind of fell for one myself when there was a GPU shortage back when I started to mine. Someone was selling tons of GTX 1070s for like $200 when they were going for like $800 and were hard to come by and I figured it may have been someone who did not know the going rate or something, then once I bought it I felt wrong about it and cancelled the order. Turns out it was a scam since the listing was gone the next day.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
With all the looting that happened this weekend I would be wary of buying stolen goods. Someone literally drove a U-Haul truck through the entrance to Microcenter in Chicago last weekend to break into the store and started grabbing things left and right.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
With all the looting that happened this weekend I would be wary of buying stolen goods. Someone literally drove a U-Haul truck through the entrance to Microcenter in Chicago last weekend to break into the store and started grabbing things left and right.
Geezus! Are they going to start hiring armed security details, to protect their retail establishments? I really hope the USA doesn't turn into something like Iraq. OMG.

/s
(I mean, I know AM4 mobos and PSUs are in short supply, but they didn't have to resort to violent means to obtain them. :p )
/s

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Geezus! Are they going to start hiring armed security details, to protect their retail establishments? I really hope the USA doesn't turn into something like Iraq. OMG.

/s
(I mean, I know AM4 mobos and PSUs are in short supply, but they didn't have to resort to violent means to obtain them. :p )
/s

Well, they should probably start with adding some of those iron roll-down security gates for their stores anyway. Apparently a lot of NYC stores didn't have them because the store owners thought that it messed with their "design aesthetic". Something tells me that they are going to regret that decision when their insurance premiums skyrocket.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010

/s
/s
Hw7SOmb.jpg