Is this a scam?

Frkys

Dec 24, 2017
Recently, I sold a CSGO skin to someone for $290. He said the payment was sent by card, I asked why it was pending and he said it was because it took time for it to go from his bank my PayPal account. I asked on a different forum if this was a scam and multiple people. I asked him to show my proof he sent the payment and he sent me a screenshot of him refreshing his PayPal page showing he had sent the money. Do you guys think I have been scammed?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
It's a fucking question, I just asked if it was a scam or not.

a question better asked to paypal. even when everyone told you it was a scam, you still didn't believe it and came here to ask for some other opinion.

Let's imagine people here tell you it is not a scam, will you stop bitching about not getting your money?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder 57

Frkys

Dec 24, 2017
a question better asked to paypal. even if everyone tell you it is a scam, you still didn't believe it and came here to ask for some other opinion.

Let's imagine people here tell you it is not a scam, will you stop bitching about not getting your money?
I've already sent an email, I'm waiting for a response. I'm literally just here to see what other people think.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Did you send the product? If so, yes, you got scammed. If not...find a different buyer. File a complaint with Paypal. (Not that it will do you any good...Paypal ALWAYS sides with the buyer...even when they're just ripping you off)

Reactions: Thunder 57

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
1kdb7h.jpg

Reactions: brianmanahan

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Does it taste like snake oil and kerosene?

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Recently, I sold a CSGO skin to someone for $290. He said the payment was sent by card, I asked why it was pending and he said it was because it took time for it to go from his bank my PayPal account. I asked on a different forum if this was a scam and multiple people. I asked him to show my proof he sent the payment and he sent me a screenshot of him refreshing his PayPal page showing he had sent the money. Do you guys think I have been scammed?

Have to admit I don't know what a CSGO skin is and I looked it up and something for a game? Software?

Frkys

Dec 24, 2017
Have to admit I don't know what a CSGO skin is and I looked it up and something for a game? Software?
CSGO is a game, skins are like a cosmetic item in the game that changes the appearance of the gun. Some are more rare making them worth more money etc.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
CSGO is a game, skins are like a cosmetic item in the game that changes the appearance of the gun. Some are more rare making them worth more money etc.

Thanks I am familiar with skins just didn't realize they were so $$, pretty cool.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
If you ever have to ask then yes it's a scam.

Welcome to the internet amd if you want some money feel free to email that Nigerian back with the info he wants.

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
If you ever have to ask then yes it's a scam.

Welcome to the internet amd if you want some money feel free to email that Nigerian back with the info he wants.
Not a scam!!! I had wire money to that Nigerian prince and in return for helping him out, he gifted me his entire Nigerian royal treasury!!! Now I live on my own private island with my own mansion, jet, and yacht.
How could you guys waste such great opportunity???

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm asking a question, and this kid is being a dickhead. I really couldn't careless when people think of me.

Most on this forum arn't exactly kids lol ... and Paypal has CS you can call if I'm not mistake and thats what I suggest you try next.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Honestly, dude, get a fucking life. You have almost 70k messages, go outside and make some friends. Dickhead.

Says the one crying about a game skin he spent money opening crates to get.