cold boot issues
video card lock ups on ati and gf4

but read for your own needs

hth mike

stryder2929

Oct 23, 2002
i appriciate u finding that for me... your right, that card seems too buggy

forget that

GWAHHA! this is so hard to find a good mobo in my price range (under $130 prefereably)

i originally selected this mobo but its sold out at newegg and i cant seem to find anything better anywhere else that suits my needs...

it has to be able to support pIV 2.8ghz processor and pc3200ddr ram (which i have)

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
stryder2929

bro what ever you do do not get in a hurry in picking your mobo

i did the first time around and regretted it if you have to wait until the product is out for reviews or go with a proven winner.

if i can help let me know

mike

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
it does look good but i'm not sure if the ddr 400 support is real as no user reviews are out yet.

gigabyte makes a good board though but if i bought memory for it and it was ddr 400 i would buy what i neededc in one stick;)

other than that i'd say go for it:D

stryder2929

Oct 23, 2002
wolf, thanx for your help

i found the board on another site for cheaper link

the concern is that (look at the title) S/L thing... what does that mean?

Regalk

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2000
S/L - means Sound and LAN (NIC) on board. This is probably the only SiS648 board that makes any sense. Most others Asus, MSI have loads of problems. Not saying that this is excellent either (even though i am not a Gigabyte fan) - I would go Intel PE now but thats me.

stryder2929

Oct 23, 2002
thank you very much, you cleared that up for me...my friend told me the same thing....but now that i hear it from two different people i am more comfortable purchasing that board.