Is there something wrong with Monarch...

Logical One

Nov 1, 2005
but after extensive comparisons I have realized Monarch has better prices...more shipping options and a much larger variety...

why the neglect...is there something I should now before my foray into a Monarch investment?

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
Monarch, in my opinion is for the high end user professional. You will find more workstation/server parts and other various mods that newegg does not have.

I also like Directron for random mod parts as well.

pkme2

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2005
I like Mwave because they accept Paypal, plus their stuff is reasonable.

hurtstotalktoyou

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2005
Newegg is usually cheapest, and they are very, very reliable and trustworthy. That is why they are so often mentioned here on Anand.

Jaihahih

Dec 28, 2005
With monarch, you never know. Sometimes, its a hassle to even make sure you get your item shipped on time.

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Jaihahih
With monarch, you never know. Sometimes, its a hassle to even make sure you get your item shipped on time.

Yup, took them 3 days to apparently "contact factory" to get my Opty to ship. I bought there since they were the cheapest at the time. The will get the stuff to ya, it just might take a tad longer than newegg. (When Newegg Items Ship from NJ, they get to my house in ONE DAY! Thats with standard ground shipping, and BTW, I live in NY so it doesn't have that far to go)

hurtstotalktoyou

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2005
So-called "on time" shipping is always a hassle with online vendors. That doesn't mean they aren't reliable; you just have to pay extra to get it shipped by a particular date.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
Originally posted by: hurtstotalktoyou
Newegg is usually cheapest, and they are very, very reliable and trustworthy. That is why they are so often mentioned here on Anand.

i prefer monarch if they have a cheaper price and often they do.

for one thing they dont stack shipping together like newegg does (which sucks if you are buying more than about 3 things).

also monarch has no tax for Californians (which i am one of)

from my experience monarch has been great albiet i have to wait about 2 days longer to get my items since they are 4000 miles away.

Logical One

Nov 1, 2005
I can understand the shipping issue...but are people so impatient that they can't wait 2 extra days for a cheaper price...ordered my case and vid card for 30$ less (SHIPPED) than newegg would have cost (mabe more cuz I am in Canada)...also...newegg seems to be random with the parts...they sometimes have what you want...sometimes they don't...

poisonthewell

Jun 10, 2005

Newegg has the best selection; ZZF is cheapest.

Newegg doesn't own the world anymore.

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It seems like once a week someone is asking about Monarch. A simple search on this forum and resellerratings.com will give you all of the information that you need before making a purchase.

1) Nothing is wrong with Monarch
2) All vendors have issues at one time or another.

Matthias99

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2003
Originally posted by: John
It seems like once a week someone is asking about Monarch. A simple search on this forum and resellerratings.com will give you all of the information that you need before making a purchase.

1) Nothing is wrong with Monarch
2) All vendors have issues at one time or another.

Yep.

Also, Monarch used to be just an OEM PC builder (they built and sold and customized systems, but didn't really sell parts). Now they also sell parts, so now people keep suddenly "discovering" this "new" online store.

hurtstotalktoyou

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2005
Of course nothing is "wrong" with Monarch. NewEgg is still cheapest.

However, if Monarch doesn't charge tax to Californians, that's a pretty big plus. Regardless, though, ZipZoomFly is still not cheapest.

Aquila76

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
www.facebook.com
I got half my PC parts from them last year (other half from NewEgg). They have some sweet combo deals at times, too. I got an ASUS mobo & A64 combo w/Half Life 2 DL code, FarCry DVD, and 3 months w/10 DL's from Napster all for free! That was just too sweet to pass up.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
Of course nothing is "wrong" with Monarch. NewEgg is still cheapest.

However, if Monarch doesn't charge tax to Californians, that's a pretty big plus. Regardless, though, ZipZoomFly is still not cheapest.

yeah tax is a big issue since sometimes the base pric eis already cheaper at monarch for some items.

hard drives seem to be especially cheap there.

they are in atlanta i think, zzf is in the CA bay area, and newegg is in socal.

another one i sometimes buy from that is based in arizona is ebuyer.com , though ebuyer.com is sort of hard to navigate their website, they do have a huge selection and very low prices.

Munku

Jan 1, 2006
What's the URL for Monarch? I've tried searching google and went to monarch computers but that doesn't seem like what everyone's talking about.

Edit: Bleh, didn't see the little PC Parts button on Monarch's site, was confusing for a sec. And damn are they expensive.. 380 for a Geforce 7800 GT.. and you don't even get a free mobo like ZZF!

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
I can vouch for mwave, monarch and allstarshop in addition to newegg. I've ordered successfully with all 4.

Azndude2190

Golden Member
Jul 4, 2005
I dont like Monarch I ordered a Mobo and case from them and did not revieve it 3 weeks(not lying)after the time it was suppose to get to my house(and this is after I called and complained and they upgraded my dilevery two 2 day AIR...

t3h l337 n3wb

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2005
Yeah, what about all the horror stories I've heard from Monarch about people getting their stuff days, even weeks late? Have they gotten over that?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
I will only purchase from monarch again if noone else has the item that I'm looking for. Getting to talk to someone on the phone is a hassle (was for me), didn't seem like they cared too much. I was trying to RMA a TV tuner card that I was less than satisfied with (poor recording qualty). They wouldn't answer my calls (leave a message and we will get back to you type thing), so the only other option was to e-mail for an RMA. When they finally answered (3 days later) it wasnt for a refund (which is what I wanted, and stated so in the e-mail), instead it was an RMA # for an exchange! So needless to say, I won't be dealing with them in the future unless it is an item I know the quality of, or they are the only one's that have it. Even then I would be hard pressed.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
for us old timers, monarch and Mwave were the Newegg of AT before Newegg came around.

how easily people forget. ;)

pkme2

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2005
If its price that one wants. I found better deals on eBay and since they have Paypal, there's no question about safety in buying.
Mwave is another fallback, because sometimes they have Instant rebates and their shipping is cheaper to Hawaii. I realize that everyone has their preferences. What works for you, go for it. Good Hunting!