Is there ever going to be another Madden game for PC?

Apr 20, 2008
I'm still playing 08 all the time. With 24xSSAA, 16xAF at 1680x1050, all but the stadium still looks pretty awesome.

However, I'd kill to get the new features and what not. I feel like if 2K can get their sport games out on PC, why cant EA? Obviously there is the money there for it.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Probably not. The NFL keeps giving EA an exclusive rights contract, which keeps getting extended, which blocks other developers from using real NFL names or likeness in any way shape or form.

Ultimately it will take a new NFL CO to void EA's contract, Rodger Goodell is satan!

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
I think it's just numbers. Sports games have never sold very well on PCs and with EA on its piracy trip right now they just avoid it. Since console gamers make up the vast majority of EA sport consumers, it's only natural they focus all their attention there.

That may change in the future if Origin proves to be a real success, since it gives them a method of control that haven't had historically. If there was any money to be made in Madden on PC, we would have it.

NinjaCat

Jul 19, 2009
I'm also still playing 08 to this day. It doesn't even have to be NFL, i just want a proper football game and I'm sure people can mod it to have the NFL.