Is there anything OTC for nausia?

h8red

Jul 24, 2001
It depends on what the nausea is caused from. If it reflux or food related (acid stomach) then zantac (ranitidine) or prilosec OTC will help. The ranitidine will work a little quicker. If the nausea is caused by motion sickness, then I would recommend meclizine. If the nausea is caused by taking medication, sometimes taking it with food can help

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
Originally posted by: h8red
It depends on what the nausea is caused from. If it reflux or food related (acid stomach) then zantac (ranitidine) or prilosec OTC will help. The ranitidine will work a little quicker. If the nausea is caused by motion sickness, then I would recommend meclizine. If the nausea is caused by taking medication, sometimes taking it with food can help

pretty good advice there - although don't worry about the prilosec for anything fast acting - it is a long term med, you have to be on for multiple days prior to its efficacy being reached

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000

Well, I just felt it coming on, and thought - oh crap, I clicked on save, and then made it over to the garbage can. I just puked my brains out. I feel a lot better. I guess it was food poisoning?

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Originally posted by: glen
Well, I just felt it coming on, and thought - oh crap, I clicked on save, and then made it over to the garbage can. I just puked my brains out. I feel a lot better. I guess it was food poisoning?

I highly doubt it. If it was food poisoning, you would be doing A LOT more than just throwing up once. I don't really think I need to go into more details.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Also, home remedies are sometimes better than pharmeceuticals. Try eating some salty pretzels and drinking some flat soda.