Is there any way to make my 2000 taskbar look like the XP one?

MournSanity

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2002
I used Windowblinds but ti's a resource hog and it doesn't make the taskbar look like XP's. Is there any way to change it.

If you dont, do you know how to change the look of the Star button? That little pixelized windows logo looks like crap.

Thanks.

TNTrulez

Banned
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Tominator
He wants to LOOK like XP, not inherit all it's problems.

Hey baby, if you want the looks you have to take the whole package. BTW I don't see you suggesting any solutions. At least I did.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Heck some people even make it look like the "dock" from those purdy computers... i think they're called Macs or something.

MournSanity

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2002
Then how can I make it look like Mac OSX? Can you give me some links to the wallpaper, icons, etc?

Please! I am dead bored of this ugly windows theme. Anything nice would be a good refresh.

A MacOSX theme sounds nice. Help :)

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
um...dunno where i downloaded it from (actually, i got the link for the icons from a semi-recent friday desktop thread) and i got a copy of IconPackager made by Object Desktop.

-=bmacd=-

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Tominator
He wants to LOOK like XP, not inherit all it's problems.

you got that right.
<---switched from XP to 2000. NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN!!!!

-=bmacd=-

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: hypersonic5
Then how can I make it look like Mac OSX? Can you give me some links to the wallpaper, icons, etc?

Please! I am dead bored of this ugly windows theme. Anything nice would be a good refresh.

A MacOSX theme sounds nice. Help :)

Here you go... sorry... didn't really look into it much... my bro just told me about it... i'd imagine you'd have to put all kinds of crap on your computer before it will actually look like the dock... which would probably bog you down so much... :confused:

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
What is wrong with WinXp, I have used it for about 5 months now and i have not had that many problems.

Maverick2002

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2000
That's what I'm sayin. WinXP r0x for me. Maybe I just never spent enough time doing different things with my computer to have any problems though.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
ever try litestep?

it replaces windows

"explorer.exe" shell

i have used it before its a nice change of pace from standard windows

check litestep.org i think