Is there any plugin or other way to get ability to drag/drop cells in libre office?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
One thing I really miss from Excel when using Libre Office Calc is the ability to move cells around. In Calc it does not seem to be possible, if you select cells then try to grab the edge or anywhere nothing happens. You can multiply cells so if you have 1,2 it will keep going 3, 4 etc but I'm looking to actually just move entire selections. Say you have a grid and you decide you want to move everything over instead of adding new rows or what not it would be nice to just drag and drop that whole section.

Is there some kind of way to get this functionality? I tried holding alt, or ctrl etc hoping it would give the ability but I just get a circle with a line in it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah cut and paste is what I'm doing now, but I keep wanting to just move instead and always feel lost without that functionality. I don't use office programs that often though, but when I do I am quickly reminded of the small things like that.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Actually it seems you CAN drag/drop cells without doing anything special but you MUST select more than one. You can't do it with just one at a time. Interesting.

pancrepe

Dec 26, 2015
The cell has to be highlighted in order to move it. You can either ctrl+click the cell to highlight it, or move the cursor outside the cell before releasing the left-click.