Is there any legal way to buy Microsoft software without paying an arm and a leg?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Cougar
Originally posted by: waggy
just get the student edition of office. you can throw that on 3 pc's.

anyone know if the student edition of office XP is the same? or is it just one pc?

I can install the student edition of Office 2003 on 3 PCs? That's awesome! Would you happen to know if they verify if you're a student? This is still a bit in the gray area but at least it's more promising than having to start a company.

nope just go to wal-mart or such and get it. its something like $149 or so

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dionx
move to the washington area, and test xbox games. at the end of the day, they give you the choice to choose 1 item from any software whether it be a PC app or an xbox game. my friend would always pick MS Office, then ebay it.

either use that money to buy the app and pocket the rest for yourself, or just choose the app you want from the get-go

:Q that sounds like FUN!

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
[
nope just go to wal-mart or such and get it. its something like $149 or so

Awesome :)

I'm going to try picking it up and see how it goes. Now the only thing I need to worry about is Windows XP but I'll just slowly acquire it for each of my PCs.