Is there any good cheap pci video capture cards out there, and if so what are they?

mellondust

Nov 20, 2001
I want to record from my HI-8 camcorder to my pc and make copies of my tapes. I wanted to upgrade my graphics card to one with VIVO but seems they are way out of my price range of around $175 (note: I don't want to buy a video card that is slower than a geforce 4 ti 4200 or radeon 8500) or won't necassarily have that great of quality. My next option is to possibly get some sort of pci VIVO only card. Is there any out there around the $50 to $75 dollar range that have decent quality, or is decent quality going to have a higher price regardless? I am not very familiar with video capture and have seen a few different cards listed at newegg in my price range, but I have no idea if they are any good or even what to look for.

The_Lurker

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2000
If you only need Video in, you might want to look towards a TV Tuner that has Video in as well. I have a ATI Tv Wonder VE and it's a great card. Qualities pretty good, and the price is right (can be found for around $30-45).