Is there any cheap way to wireless transmit audio/video signal to TV from cable box source?

BamBam215

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2000
I have a Dishnetwork receiver in the living room and it has an RF remote, which means I can control the receiver from anywhere in the house. I have a TV in my bedroom that I want to also connect the same receiver up to but I don't want to string wires all the way from the living room to my bedroom TV. Is there a cheap device that will let me do this? quality isn't a big priority because the TV in my room is a pretty old one anyways. I want it to be cheap as possible. Thanks.

Oct 9, 1999
actually i would like to know

the stuff i have seen are 100 bucks..

there has to be a cheaper option.. my parents have got a new tv recently.. and their old tv went to the master bedroom.. its got rabbit ears right now.. The cable is actually there (it was run around teh house previously) and it used to work.. but when time warner installed the digital cable they put a new line in.. and screwed it up.. so they cut the original line.. which means no tv elsewhere in the house..

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I just bought a "leapfrog" from Best Buy for $80. Comes with a transmitter and a receiver. Uses RCA jacks as well as coax if you need it. Works great. Just plug the transmitter into the back of your cable box with the RCA and then plug the receiver end into the back of the remote TV. The one I have lets you use the cable box remote on the "remote" box to control cable box in another room.

Oct 9, 1999
im afraid that 2.4ghz might interfere with the 802.11b..

any idea? they both run on 2.4ghz.. the wifi box is in the same room as the upstairs bedroom (about 10 feet or more away).

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
I just bought a "leapfrog" from Best Buy for $80. Comes with a transmitter and a receiver. Uses RCA jacks as well as coax if you need it. Works great. Just plug the transmitter into the back of your cable box with the RCA and then plug the receiver end into the back of the remote TV. The one I have lets you use the cable box remote on the "remote" box to control cable box in another room.
Glad to know their other products work well. I'm using one of their remote extenders to control all my AV equipment in an armoire and I am very impressed with how well it works for only $30. I was previously looking at Niles products, which are $$$.

fredtam

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: The_good_guy

any idea? they both run on 2.4ghz.. the wifi box is in the same room as the upstairs bedroom (about 10 feet or more away).

Usually they are far enough apart in frequency that you shouldn't have a problem. There are a couple of threads on the issue (not av sender specific) around here and there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: fredtam
Originally posted by: The_good_guy

Usually they are far enough apart in frequency that you shouldn't have a problem. There are a couple of threads on the issue (not av sender specific) around here and there doesn't seem to be a problem.

the reason i am asking.. my uncle's Netgear 802.11b router will die as soon as his 2.4ghz cordless rings or someone picks it up to call..

all wifi connections drop.. they come back when the phone not in a call. The wifi router is upstairs a good 30 feet away (vertical) in another part of the house.. and it will still die.. you can stand right next to teh wifi router and it will not work..

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
RadioHack used to sell a telephone line A/V system... I currently still use it... could be another option.