Is there any affordable & reliable hosts that allow 100GB/month transfer?

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
My site is getting crushed these days. It's hosted by Dathorn who allows 60GB/month for $27 or 90GB/month for $40.50. I can't really buck up the $40.50....

MrScott81

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
I am with cougarhosting.com and they're giving me 1.5gb/100gb for $29.95/month...need to sign up for a year to get that price though...they offered me $32.95/month for 6 month contract or $34.95/month for month-month.

check out http://www.webhostingtalk.com

Scott

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
www.severmatrix.com will set up a 1.7gb celeron, 256mb ram, 40gb server for you for 60$ a month, you get 1000gb bandwidth and 40gb space for 60$. Just split it with someon, 20gb/500gb each for 30$ a month, or buy it all for yourself and sell it out, or something.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
waylman - How much disk space do you need and what's your budget?

I would look through the WHT offers, there's a few there offering 100GB+ for a decent price ... of course these are 14 year old CyberWings-esque web hosts, you get what you pay for.

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Hey,
There are plenty of hosts capable of offering that to you but not at a affordable price. The only ones that would be able to offer you good prices are new companies (start-ups). I suggest you look around on WHT you will see many with good offers. I just started hosting with HostSpace last month and they have been excellent. They have only been running for 4 months but I talk to the owner on AIM a lot and he seems very professional and offers good support. He can offer you prices A LOT better than what is listed on the site. I have a 7GB/100GB plan for $15... it's hosted on a Dual Xeon 2.0 at Gnax. Speeds are also excellent (see thread in off topic of me seeking a speed test)

Not trying to advertise for him, just sharing my opinion.

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
My budget is no more than 30/month. I'm getting about 60GB/month of traffic right now, so I figure 100GB/month would give me some room to grow. I dont need alot of diskspace...maybe 5 GB at the most.

Thanks for all the ideas.

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Originally posted by: fumbduck
www.severmatrix.com will set up a 1.7gb celeron, 256mb ram, 40gb server for you for 60$ a month, you get 1000gb bandwidth and 40gb space for 60$. Just split it with someon, 20gb/500gb each for 30$ a month, or buy it all for yourself and sell it out, or something.

Don't forgot that if you want a control panel make it $80 a month. So 40 if split.

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: DeviousTrap
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
http://www.liquidtornado.com

Never go with a host offer unmetered bandwidth! Unlimited does not exist, and therefore the host can't offer it. Also, what about 10GB for 16.95? They must really me over selling.

its not unmetered. its 100GB/month. They say unlimited disk space which I'm sure they do have some limit to. But I dont need alot of diskspace.

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
http://www.liquidtornado.com

Never go with a host offer unmetered bandwidth! Unlimited does not exist, and therefore the host can't offer it. Also, what about 10GB for 16.95? They must really me over selling.
How established is your host?

Not very but at least I have talked with the owner and he seems honest and does not over sell. He is new but has a good rep on WHT. Where do you see unmetered space... I see a link to Liquid Teknologies which offers 6 or 10 gb space but unmetered bandwidth.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
If you can find someone to share this server with I would consider this web host.

Managed.com

Greetings,

Managed Solutions Group, Inc. (Managed.com), a San Jose-based provider of innovative managed hosting solutions and complex network infrastructure management, is pleased to offer the following dedicated servers packages to all WHT members --

Intel Celeron Servers

Processor: Intel Celeron 2.0Ghz w/256K Cache.
Memory: 512MB DDRAM (expandable to 2GB DDRAM)
Hard Drive: 80GB EIDE 7200RPM
Control Panel: CPanel 8
Connectivity: 100Mbps (AboveNet)

Monthly Fee: $55.00
Setup Fee: $0.00
Data Transfer: 1,200GB *Introductory Special*
Over Usage: $0.50 / GB
Available: YES

Intel Pentium IV Servers

Processor: Intel Pentium 2.4Ghz w/512K Cache.
Memory: 1GB DDRAM (expandable to 2GB DDRAM)
Hard Drive: 120GB EIDE 7200RPM
Control Panel: CPanel 8
Connectivity: 100Mbps (AboveNet)

Monthly Fee: $85.00
Setup Fee: $0.00
Data Transfer: 1,200GB *Introductory Special*
Over Usage: $0.50 / GB
Available: YES

Managed Services: Free E-Mail Support (Unlimited); Free MRTG; Free Manual Reboot (Unlimited); Free OS Restore; Free Software Installation; Free Hardware Installation; Free Kernel Recompile; and Free Security Patches Update.

Standard Features: 24/7 Network & Server Monitoring; 99.9% Uptime Guarantee; Full Root Access; No Restrictions on Contents; No 95th Percentile Rule; No Sales Tax; and No Contract Required (Monthly Billing).

Best Regards,

Bryan Goldstein
Business Development Manager
Managed.com
(888) 585-8889

Is there a catch?

Yes of course there is. You people amaze me. You want an established web host but Hyundai/Kia prices, they DO NOT EXIST!!! Sure you can get 7GB/100GB for $15 but I'd like to see 1 year from now if they are still in business, if their uptime was 99.0% or better for the past 12 months, if support tickets are replied to promptly 24/7, and if they're overselling cheapo Celeron servers from RackShack.net (now ev1servers.net)? No web host can survive offering these outrageous prices which leads me to "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".

Here is the catch for Managed.com, if you're ok with that then I say go ahead and order a server.

[/end of rant]

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Originally posted by: RossMAN

Is there a catch?

Yes of course there is. You people amaze me. You want an established web host but Hyundai/Kia prices, they DO NOT EXIST!!! Sure you can get 7GB/100GB for $15 but I'd like to see 1 year from now if they are still in business, if their uptime was 99.0% or better for the past 12 months, if support tickets are replied to promptly 24/7, and if they're overselling cheapo Celeron servers from RackShack.net (now ev1servers.net)? No web host can survive offering these outrageous prices which leads me to "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".

Here is the catch for Managed.com, if you're ok with that then I say go ahead and order a server.

[/end of rant]

The price that I got for my webhosting is because the guys was just starting out. His prices are currently on the rise because those were introductory and he needed to fill up a server. As you can see the hostspace site does not show any rediculous prices. He has had a 99.87 uptime in the last 2 months. Also, the server is a DualXeon 2.0. Yes I understand he is new but I can take a chance... he also does not offer what others can... His support ticket system is not yet up, nor is his online signup. He sets everything up manually and give support himself via email and AIM/ICQ. I do not need anything special and I capable of maintaining a website without his help so this does not bother me. I pay monthly and have a daily backup of all my sites incase something goes wrong, but I have faith in start-ups and wish them the best of luck.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

Is there a catch?

[/end of rant]

The price that I got for my webhosting is because the guys was just starting out. His prices are currently on the rise because those were introductory and he needed to fill up a server. As you can see the hostspace site does not show any rediculous prices. He has had a 99.87 uptime in the last 2 months. Also, the server is a DualXeon 2.0. Yes I understand he is new but I can take a chance... he also does not offer what others can... His support ticket system is not yet up, nor is his online signup. He sets everything up manually and give support himself via email and AIM/ICQ. I do not need anything special and I capable of maintaining a website without his help so this does not bother me. I pay monthly and have a daily backup of all my sites incase something goes wrong, but I have faith in start-ups and wish them the best of luck.

I like to have faith in start ups as well. I'm pleased to hear that so far everything is going great.

Unfortunately due to scam artists like CEO Shawn J White of CyberWings.com and the 99% of the "web hosts" in the WHT offers forum (who are really 14 year olds running a "business" after completing their Chemistry homework) ... I have little faith in a web host who hasn't been around for at least 1 year and has a proven track record.

The web hosts who I consider to be the best (after personal experience or hundreds of hours of research) can be found here.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: waylman
My site is getting crushed these days. It's hosted by Dathorn who allows 60GB/month for $27 or 90GB/month for $40.50. I can't really buck up the $40.50....

then you shouldn't have a site requiring 100 gb/month.

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002

Is there a catch?

[/end of rant]

I like to have faith in start ups as well. I'm pleased to hear that so far everything is going great.

Unfortunately due to scam artists like CEO Shawn J White of CyberWings.com and the 99% of the "web hosts" in the WHT offers forum (who are really 14 year olds running a "business" after completing their Chemistry homework) ... I have little faith in a web host who hasn't been around for at least 1 year and has a proven track record.

The web hosts who I consider to be the best (after personal experience or hundreds of hours of research) can be found here.

Ok, I understand your logic but in my opinion you need to give those small companies a chance. Those hosts who you cansider to have a proven track record had to get started somehow.... if everyone thought the way you did no company would ever get a good rep as nobody would have tried them out. I trust people who give me a good impression about themselves... I talked to the owner of hostspace on AIM/Phone and he seemed very nice and was very helpful with explaining his buisiness and his prices so I gave him a chance. Everyone has to start somewhere and people like me will join right away yet someone like you would wait a while. When those companies started they offered good prices in order to get some clients and then they raised them. You can't start out with decent prices and expect to compete with larger companies offing the same prices when you don't have a rep and they do.

I have faith in my host and wish him the best but I do have a backup account and use will continue until he has proven himself.

~Eric