Question Is there an alternative VOIP program to SKYPE?

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
SKYPE as usual and Microsoft is pathetic to work with oh so often. Re-verify, go to account live, somethings wrong and we don't know what it is, but if we find it will let you know. After hours trying to pay up on my SKYPE out account, I'm done.

I'm looking for another VOIP service so I can pay a fee to make outgoing calls via windows to phones. Any ideas?

NucEm

Jun 13, 2001
SKYPE as usual and Microsoft is pathetic to work with oh so often. Re-verify, go to account live, somethings wrong and we don't know what it is, but if we find it will let you know. After hours trying to pay up on my SKYPE out account, I'm done.

I'm looking for another VOIP service so I can pay a fee to make outgoing calls via windows to phones. Any ideas?
OOVOO and may be found at https://www.oovoo.com/ for PC to PC video calls.

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
Thanks for your feedback. I must go through the list of 6 free alternatives and try something out. Regarding the Google, I try to use as little Google stuff as possible because they are too big and collecting too much information on people.
I need to sharpen the focus on my needs of what I've done with SKYPE. I do not video chat and I've completely gotten rid of phones, no cell phone and no landline. I communicate exclusively by email, so their are no surprises that pull you off tasks and I can answer things when I get around to it. The only thing that I used SKYPE for was to access outside telephones and there was no actual phone number to call me, just a voice out to normal phones if nothing else will do. That's what I'm looking for.
I have a laptop and can setup a crisis suite at anytime, almost anywhere. I have email and fax capability. I carry around a VuPoint Wand Scanner to scan documents for faxing or emailing. I use the outside phone line (SKYPE) to bring it together. For example: I'm at Stanford Medical Center. I want an MRI completed and I get the order from the doctor and I'm told this may take a few weeks, but I have my crisis suite and I'm able to arrange for a MRI in a couple hours.
I've used SKYPE to access regular phones for business calls, not for playing around or video chat. I have no problem paying 2 to 5 cents a minute for this privelidge. I hope this explains my needs more to the point.