How To Is there a way to see if someone is using device?

Harry_moon

Feb 6, 2019
Hello! I have a USB digital certificate being shared by some collaborators using USB over Network. This simulates a connection between the server's usb-port and the client's OS. I have a server in a room with the device connected in it, and another room with the collaborators doing their stuff.

However, only one client can use this at a time. So, if a collaborator doesn't "disconnect" the device, he will have the connection open for the entire day, even if he's not using it. This way, no other person can use the device only because the person already connected to it "don't want to share it" because he will have to ask to use it again.

So, my question is: is there a way to check who is using this device, and for how long it has been in idle? I don't want to disconnect someone actively using it. 30~40 minutes or so of USB inactivity is the amount of time I'm willing to consider before entering idle state.

Thanks in advance.

Harry_moon

Feb 6, 2019
oh ... I realized that this is a difficult moment. Thanks all the same, I will check your suggestions.

It is hard to rely on human punctuality now (I mean staff).